Other Misc. Grocery Items:

Trader Joe's Green Tea Mints

Trader Joe´s Green Tea Mints

from Redlands CA

Comments about Trader Joe's Green Tea Mints:

I was in the line at Traders ready to make my purchase, when out of the corner of my eye I noticed the green tea infused mints. Curious as to the taste and overall benefits. I purchased the mints and as usual I was instantly pleased with the taste of the green tea mints, The benefits will be ongoing as green tea is a wonderful antioxidant and has a positive effect over all health.Helpful with weight loss.

Just minted

Comments about Trader Joe's Green Tea Mints:

These mints have been my ticket to getting over a nicotine lozenge habit... It was a great surprise to find a perfect replacement to the semi-sweet, chalky consistency of the lozenges. The fact that they are *healthy* with green tea and no artificial sweeteners is the perfect foil!

They are not really breath mints, more like a slightly tasty something to keep your mouth occupied.

Delicious taste!

Comments about Trader Joe's Green Tea Mints:

I love mints from Trader Joes, I have bought almost every kind they have, but I think these are there best mints. I think the combination of tea+mint is a great taste! I love the mints shape, it looks like a cute little tea leaf, and the taste? They taste great! They have minty tea taste with a sweet after taste. Its kind of like sweet tea. I bought a box of these the day I went to the beach, and finished the whole box by the time we left, even though the serving size is like three mints (yikes!). When you are done with the mints, the cute box can be used to store things in since it has a clear top, like coins or small nick nacks maybe? The box can also be upcycled into something else, like a doll suitcase for your daughter, a great project for the crafter in you! Overall I think these are delicous mints worth recommending to everyone, except kids. I dont think tea is good for kids. As always, good luck!

Mints, not so much.

Comments about Trader Joe's Green Tea Mints:

I purchased these green tea mints in the checkout isle on a whim because I needed something to freshen my breath a bit but didn't want something as strong as an Altoids mint. The green tea flavor and mint combination sounded very appealing to me as I like mint green tea. However, when tasting this product, I didn't notice much of a mint flavor nor did I receive breath freshening qualities. I thought I needed to eat more than one to get its benefits, but the more I ate, the worse I really felt. One good quality is that they dissolve quickly so you aren't stuck with a mint in your mouth for long periods of time. The overall shape is very attractive, but ultimately it is really more sweet to me than anything. Trader Joe's usually has amazing products, but these green tea mints just didn't cut the butter for me. They are stamped in a cute way and come in a nice looking container.

Nice blend of green tea and mint

Comments about Trader Joe's Green Tea Mints:

These are some of the better mints I have tasted that do not have a bunch of artificial ingredients in them. They have a hint of green tea, which gives them a unique flavor. I'll buy these mints usually once a month. They keep your breath fresh for a small period of time. They are not the most powerful mints by any means, but they do the trick and I enjoy them.

Great Product

from New Jersey

Comments about Trader Joe's Green Tea Mints:

These unique mints are packaged in a lovely, green metal box with a clear front. This means that they don't squash in your bag. The flavor is delightfully strong with a fresh green tea flavor to freshen your mouth. I like to examine the ingredients of things I consume, and I decided to try these because they are made with cane sugar, as opposed to something unsavory like high fructose corn syrup. I don't know if I believe in the antioxidant value of something processed, but I appreciate anything not made with those unhealthy sugars packed in many products these days.

Trader Joe's green tea mints taste an awful lot like chalk.

from southern, NC

Comments about Trader Joe's Green Tea Mints:

I love green tea and find Trader Joe's products to be really good, so I was excited to see green tea mints when I was checking out. I grabbed a pack and was looking forward to trying out some new mints.

Whew. I just broke open my Trader Joe's treat, and those green tea mints are just dreadful. They taste like and kind of crumble melt like chalk or like hard Tums. On top of that, the flavor is bitter with a strong cane sugar aftertaste. It's the flavor that keeps on giving even after a couple of glasses of water.

It does say that these green tea mints have antioxidents, and I hope so. Of course, I only manged to get one down, so that's probably not much as far as body cleansing. I do feel the need to spit, so that might add to the flushing perhaps.

On the bright side (I guess - though expensive) is that the little box is cool. It's about half the size of the Altoids boxes which I find handy. Also, there's the littel window. So, I can put digital photo media cards in the box and see what I have in there.

I know I won't get these mints again. They are pretty - shaped like little leaves. But, the texture is strange and the taste is bad. There's just not much to like here - hard as I'm trying.

Addictively delicious!

Comments about Trader Joe's Green Tea Mints:

I always have to get these any time I visit TJ's! I find them really tasty and a nice mild, natural alternative to most peppermints out there... and no toxic fake sugar! I have no tollerance for Altoids, and Tic Tacs often taste unintentionally like something other than mint (the white ones have a coconut flavor?). Plus, the cool resusable metal tin they come in is a bonus.

This mint will refresh your mouth.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Trader Joe's Green Tea Mints:

Have a nice texture that you can leave in your mouth, or gently chew them to release the flavor. Has a nice balance of mint and green tea flavor. NO after taste or artificial sweetening. Excellent to keep in the car. Handy tin, nice size.