Other Misc. Grocery Items:
Trader Joe's
Trader Joe's Five Layer Fiesta Dip

Trader Joe's Five Layer Fiesta Dip

This Fiesta Dip is a convenient appetizer in a pinch.

from New Jersey, NJ

Comments about Trader Joe's Five Layer Fiesta Dip:

We are always having friends and family over for Sunday football.  They insist on bringing something along, so we usually tell them to bring an appetizer.  Yesterday my mother brought this *Trader Joe's Fiesta Dip* as her contribution to the party.

This dip consists of five layers: guacamole, sour cream, black bean puree, salsa, and shredded cheddar cheese.  You need to serve it with something to scoop it out.  We used tortilla chips which I suppose is the obvious choice, but you could use crackers if you don't have chips around.  Everyone dug into the *Trader Joe's 5 Layer Fiesta Dip*, but I think that was more because they were really hungry rather than because it was so super-delicious.

I didn't hate this *5 Layer Dip*, but nor did I totally love it.  It didn't have much flavor aside from the salsa.  I often make a 7 Layer Dip similar to this and, I have to say, I totally prefer my dip to the Trader Joe's version.  This is convenient if you need something quick to serve as an appetizer, but if you have the time I'd suggest making it yourself or choosing something else entirely.