3.6

TJ Complete Body Cleanse

from Long Beach

About Me Average Health

Pros

Cons

• Causes Side Effects
    • Doesn't Work

Comments about Trader Joe's Complete Body Cleanse:

I started the cleanse on Sunday evening. I took 3 capsules of the digestive formula, 4 capsules of the fiber, and 1 liver capsule formula as recommended for the 1st week. I thought I would be ready to go in the morning, but nothing happen. Then at 7am, took the other required dose of 4 capsules of fiber. I had not eaten breakfast yet because I thought it would be a waste if I should go that morning. Still nothing happened. But I notice I was not feeling like myself. I felt a little weak that morning. I didn't have any energy, so I decided to eat a small breakfast hoping I would feel better. But l felt really off that whole day. I did not like that feeling because I am a get-up & go person and usually wake up early and energetic. I continue to follow the program for the next 4 days. Still nothing as happen enough for me to say it really works. My bowels are regular anyways, like clock-work, so what I was experiencing was the norm. The cleanse is so gentle, I didn't feel any discomfort, which is a good thing, but I don't feel it's working for me. I will continue to finish the 14 day program and see if anything will happen. Maybe there is more junk in me that I am not aware of and it's taking a while to go through. I will keep you posted, if anything changes.

Love this cleanse so far...

Comments about Trader Joe's Complete Body Cleanse:

I would give it a 10 but the pills are large and hard to take plus you have so many of them.

I bought this because I was overall feeling drained and bloated this took care of all that couldn't believe how bad my bowl movements were until I did this felt like I got rid of a lot of toxic stuff out of my body...

lots of pills but simple to do

Immediacy
      worked by the second day couldn't believe how well..

• Immediacy:

It works if you do what you're supposed to

Comments about Trader Joe's Complete Body Cleanse:

Yes, you have to be comfortable taking pills (I am), but probably the biggest thing is that you need to follow the recommended dietary guidelines/restrictions that are admitted listed in very fine print on the packaging. It's not just magical pills- you have to the do the work too- avoiding simple carbs (e.g. sugar, fruit), potatoes, wheat, soy, processed foods (i.e. stuff you'd do well to avoid anyway). If you haven't detoxed before or it's been a while, you may have mild headaches, notice increased secretions (e.g. eye gunk in the morning, runny nose), all part of your body cleaning house, nothing to be alarmed about. I did lose weight (don't know how much, I don't own a scale- enough to notice it) and afterwards you are (or are likely to be) more conscious about your (improved) eating habits. Recommend it. Have tried the more expensive kits, but this one seems to do just fine & is vegetarian friendly.

• Immediacy:

Simple, effective, but be prepared to take lots of pills...

Comments about Trader Joe's Complete Body Cleanse:

I picked this up after beginning to suffer from an exacerbation of my IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), which I couldn't quite explain as I had removed all the foods that normally caused a flareup. So, I looked to finding a simple cleanse that I could manage that might help clear things up and give me some dietary guidance. There are a lot of hypothetical restrictions on the Cleanse - such as cutting back on certain types of meat, dairy, wheat, alcohol, and a few others. But, it doesn't say to remove them entirely - just recommends that you cut back on them. In order to be more mindful of my food intake and what I was consuming, especially in areas it told me to restrict, I keep a food journal for the two week period of the cleanse. When starting the cleanse, the effects definitely began immediately - although I'll say they temporarily made things worse before they made them better (more initial constipation at first) and definitely had my bowels moving in a clock-like predictable way by the end of it. The downside that people tend to reference with this product is that it is A LOT of supplements to take in the morning and at night. For people who have difficulty swallowing pills should know that some of the pills are larger and more difficult to swallow (I used a smoothie to help take those). Regardless of this, I'm used to taking a bunch of supplements, so it didn't bother me too much. I didn't finish the cleanse feeling like my body made a dramatic change, but I did feel better at the end of it and slightly "cleaner" and learned that my body did in fact also have bad reactions to dairy (as I discovered the more I restricted it, journaled my food, and watched my reactions) - so it was great for discovering new food sensitivities as well. Overall, I'd recommend it to others and actually probably plan on doing another cleanse sometime soon as it rightly recommends doing the cleanse every few months "with the season change" which the body could likely use.

• Immediacy:

Great cleanse, especially for a new cleanser.

Comments about Trader Joe's Complete Body Cleanse:

The previous review gives a very strong description of what the cleanse entails, pills and a mildly restrictive diet. I have not maintained perfect adherence to the diet suggestions, but have taken the pills as required. I have had no accidents, nor have I found it to be particularly harsh. If anything, I would say it is a bit more gentle than I am used to in the cleansing arena.

Having participated in a number of more dramatic cleanses in my younger days, including a week of Master Cleanse, this cleanse allows for maintenance of a more normal life. The first day, I was aware of the increased fiber in my diet, but since then have felt fine and enjoyed the fact that, while I have cut down on all the "toxic" foods it names, I can still have a small morning cup of coffee.

The most significant side effect I had during the first few days was a headache, which I commonly get while detoxing. Once the toxins started heading out, things cleared up and I felt lighter, cleaner, and more clear-headed.

Gentle, but definitely does the job.

Low intrusion into daily patterns.

Immediacy
      Took a little longer to get past the headachy/foggy headed stage than some more intense cleanses, but made up for it by being easier to integrate into life.