Other Dog Foods:

Pros

Cons

Introduced my dog to Trader Joe's canned food

Comments about Trader Joe's Chunky Chicken Dinner Premium Canned Dog Food:

My medium-size dog had gotten a bit picky about his wet food -- so I tried the TJ chicken -- he gobbled it down, wanted more. I will see if he consistently eats it. It's less expensive than the other brands I have fed him. The consistency of TJ's food seems better - some of the food he previously ate were mostly gravy. He is 5, so maybe dog tastes change with time, like humans!

• Flavor Selection:

My dog loves this food but I think it's expensive

Comments about Trader Joe's Chunky Chicken Dinner Premium Canned Dog Food:

My dog has a very sensitive stomach. I like to give him a special treat on occasion, but I want to make sure I am feeding him a product that will not irritate his sensitive stomach. The vet suggested that I try the Trader Joe's line of dog food products to see if he could tolerate the canned dog for as an occasional special treat. My dog absolutely loves Trader Joe's Chunky Chicken Dinner Premium Canned Dog Food. He gobbles it right down when I put it in his food dish and he often begs for more. I love that this dog food contains all natural ingredients and that I recognize each of the ingredients listed on the label. The only thing I do not like is the price. I find that the price per ounce is fairly high so I am only able to give this to my dog as an occasional treat.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients in Trader Joe's Chunky Chicken Dinner Premium Canned Dog Food are high quality. I feel like this dog food is a good source of nutrition for my dog.

The "Middle of The Road" Chunky Chicken Dinner Dog Food

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Trader Joe's Chunky Chicken Dinner Premium Canned Dog Food:

When it comes to canned dog food I leave it up to my four legged friends to pick and choose what I buy; they are the ones that are eating it and if they love it then I will keep buying it. When I was given a couple of cans of the Trade Joe's canned dog food by a friend I was curious to see if they liked it or not and if all three of the flavors would pass their taste test. I only make it to Trader Joe's about once a month unless it is a special trip for an item that I can't get anywhere else.

While they loved the beef dinner version the most, they showed a little bit of enthusiasm when I first added this to their dry dog food. The cans are over twenty ounces and divided up between five dogs (more if I have dogs that I am fostering) the can is usually completely empty. If you only have one dog and it's a medium size breed you can refrigerate the unused portion but I strong suggest letting it come to room temperature before you feed it to them.

Since I add this to dry dog food and don't feed it to them straight it's always interesting to see their initial reaction; for the chicken dinner they sniffed, tasted and sniffed again. They are used to getting chicken when I shred it and hand feed it to them as a treat but most of the time they won't eat canned dog food with a chicken flavoring or chicken chunks. They will eat it but the beef dinner remains their favorite of the three.

It goes without saying that the only place to get this is Trader Joe's; if you see another store selling it, even for less, I wouldn't buy it because it is probably outdated. Because the dogs only showed a little interest in this I'll only get one can when I go there just so they don't get bored with the beef dinner version that they really love.

• Flavor Selection:

Trader Joe's premium dog food!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Trader Joe's Chunky Chicken Dinner Premium Canned Dog Food:

My dog absolutely loves the flavor of Trader Joe's chunky chicken dinner premium canned dog food! She goes nuts when she hears me opening a can of this! I have a medium sized female border collie who is 13 years old.
The price of this canned dog food is not too bad considering that Trader Joe's always makes an effort to put only the best ingredients into their food and the same goes for their dog food! I feel good serving trader Joe's quality to my dog because it has healthy ingredients that keep my dog healthy and happy. I don't have to worry about chemicals or fillers when I serve this to my dog.
The can is easy to open and scoop into my dogs food bowl. It smells really great as well and doesn't make a huge mess.
Also, my dog can easily get an upset tummy if she eats certain foods but this dog food is easy on her stomach as well.
Overall I would definitely recommend Trader Joe's chunky chicken dinner premium canned dog food! My dog loves it!

My puppy loves it!

Comments about Trader Joe's Chunky Chicken Dinner Premium Canned Dog Food:

My dog loves canned dog food and reluctantly eats the dry stuff, but it's easier for me to find quality ingredients in dry food that I can get in bulk online, so before finding this the premium canned stuff was a rare treat. But the price is so reasonable that now I feed her a little every day!

Quality of Ingredients
It's hard to find packaged dog food that is really, truly, totally 100% natural and excellent for your dog. This stuff is way above the rest of the competition in terms of ingredients, but I wish soy protein weren't so high on the list of ingredients (I'm wary of soy in general and don't think it's a very effective protein source, and I'd prefer more of the protein come from meat or fish), and that the guar gum weren't there (mostly because I don't see the point - isn't it slimy enough?! - but also because gums can be irritating to the stomach, which is why I do not recommend it for dogs with sensitive stomachs).

Flavor Selection
I think there's also a beef one that I have not tried yet (my puppy is a weird one and seems to prefer chicken to beef, anyway) but other than that the flavor selection is kind of nonexistent, from what I've seen. That doesn't seem to bother my dog, though!

• Flavor Selection:

Dogs seem to love this canned food!

Comments about Trader Joe's Chunky Chicken Dinner Premium Canned Dog Food:

When I was visiting my parents' house I forgot to bring a bag of the dogs' food with us. I had brought three of my dogs with us and my parents' who don't own any dogs did not have any dog food. When we got there, we went shopping at Trader Joe's for groceries and I found some dog food there. I had no idea that Trader Joe's supplied dog food and was plesantly surprised. I picked up a couple of cans of this canned dog food and fed it to my dogs for dinner and lunch. They seemed to love it! Normally, they eat kibble, so this was a real treat for them. I liked this can of doggy food because you could actually make out that the food had chicken chunks in it. Other brands just have squares of processed and compressed meat, and it's comforting to know that you bought chicken and it is actually chicken that they will be eating. After we ran out, I went back to the store to buy enough to last our stay with my parents. I will continue to buy this food even when I get back home!