Other Dog Foods:

Trader Joe's Chopped Lamb and Rice Dinner Canned Dog Food

They Will Eat It But It Isn't Their Favorite Flavor

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Trader Joe's Chopped Lamb and Rice Dinner Canned Dog Food:

There are only a couple of Trader Joe's stores in my area so when I make a trip there I usually have a list of things that I need to get. After being given a couple of cans of the Trader Joe's canned dog food to try I started getting the chunky beef version to add to their dry dog food as an added treat. The lamb and rice dinner wasn't something that they really went crazy for; they ate it but they weren't jumping around or devouring it the same way they did with the beef version.

There are a lot of vegetables in this one so if your dog has a slightly sensitive stomach they might end up with loose bowels if you are feeding them this without any dry dog food. When I opened the first can to add to their food I noticed that it has more of a smell to it than the other two flavors; that's not a bad thing and the food didn't smell rotten but anyone that walked into the kitchen asked about the smell. The dogs were a little curious about it when I called them in from the back yard; they sniffed their bowls and tasted it but weren't tearing through it like they did with the beef version.

Normally they love lamb but I think the vegetables that are added to the mix are what initially put them off about this flavor. I have no doubt that they would eat it if I scooped it out over their dry food if they were hungry enough but I wouldn't want this sitting in their bowls for a couple of hours waiting for them to have a strong appetite because the smell of it would get to me. I was hoping that they would like all three flavors of the Trader Joe's canned dog food but this one is one that I will skip when I am shopping there. Some dogs might love the taste of this but mine weren't all that into it.

• Quality of Ingredients: