Other Cat Foods:
Trader Joe's
Trader Joe's Chicken, Turkey, and Rice Dinner Canned Cat Food

Trader Joe's Chicken, Turkey, and Rice Dinner Canned Cat Food

Not impressed with Trader Joe's Chicken,Turkey,Rice cat food.

from New Jersey, NJ

Comments about Trader Joe's Chicken, Turkey, and Rice Dinner Canned Cat Food:

I am a huge fan of Trader Joe's Canned Tuna for Cats and visited the store recently with the intention to buy something like 50 cans.  Unfortunately, there were only 3 sitting on the shelf, so I settled for buying 20 cans of *Trader Joe's Chicken, Turkey & Rice Dinner Canned Cat Food* and hoped for the best.  Unfortunately, this stuff simply doesn't compare to the Tuna formula.

*Trader Joe's Chicken, Turkey, and Rice Dinner* contains chicken broth, chicken, turkey, ocean fish, animal liver, brewers rice, oat bran, fish protein concentrate, and a bunch of vitamin/mineral supplements.  I like the fact that it contains no by-products, but, to be honest, I'm not all that jazzed about seeing "ocean" fish and "animal" liver listed.  What kind of fish? What animal did the liver come from? When you see "animal" instead of a specific name like chicken or beef liver, you start getting into shady areas like horses, roadkill, etc.

The cats all came running when I started to open up the cans.  (We go through 5 at a time here.)  I gagged and almost puked when the smell of this stuff hit me.  Although the name is "chicken, turkey, and rice", it smells mostly like fish with just enough chicken/turkey thrown into the scent as to be truly disgusting... at least for humans.  The cats didn't mind the smell, happily devoured this *Trader Joe's Canned Cat Food, *and* *didn't have any allergic or adverse reactions to it.

At 59 cents a can, it is priced in line with the cheapo grocery store stuff (Fancy Feast, Friskies, etc) and doesn't contain by-products, but I'm still not thrilled with the ingredients listing and the smell is horrible.  I won't be buying *Trader Joe's Chicken, Turkey, and Rice Dinner Canned Cat Food* again.