Other Toothpastes:
Trader Joe's
Trader Joe's Antiplaque Toothpaste with Fennel, Propolis & Myrrh

Trader Joe's Antiplaque Toothpaste with Fennel, Propolis & Myrrh

Great fluoride free toothpaste

Comments about Trader Joe's Antiplaque Toothpaste with Fennel, Propolis & Myrrh:

This brand of toothpaste is an excellent buy.  The price is right and it cleans my teeth very well.  My teeth feel squeaky clean after using this brand.  I selected this toothpaste because of the listed ingredients on the package.  It seems like it's all natural and I like that it fluoride free too.  I do not like the smell of fennel but I do not mind it in this toothpaste.  The taste is fine for me since I do use fennel seeds anyway to chew on.  The toothpaste is not watery like some natural toothpastes.  It does cling well to the toothbrush.  It leaves my breath smelling fresh for hours.  I can always tell if the kids are not telling the truth about brushing their teeth because the smell of this toothpaste lingers for a while. I cannot tell if it whitens or not. But I will say my teeth are not yellow. You will never find a better price for this type of fluoride free toothpaste. The prices are usually over priced in my opinion for toothpaste. I usually buy six at a time since this product usually flies off the self.

Cleans ok, flavor poor, will not buy again.

Seems to clean pretty well, but flavor is sad - tastes earthy, musky rather than a pleasant anise flavor.
Texture is good, was smooth and stayed on the brush.
Far cheaper than Tom's but flavor is much less pleasant than Tom's anise flavored toothpaste. I think I'll try a different flavor next time.

Fluoride-free, awesome taste, awesome price!!

from Minneapolis, MN

Due to concerns about fluoride, our family started using fluoride-free toothpastes.  We tried several different brands which we bought at coops.  They worked fine and tasted fine for the most part, but they were expensive!  We were shopping at Trader Joe's for groceries and happened to stop by the health products area and saw their toothpaste selection.  Most of their "natural" toothpastes still contained fluoride, except for this one.  I was concerned the flavor might not be good because I'd been used to mostly mint toothpastes, but with the low price (1/3 of what I'd pay for a coop toothpaste) I thought it would be worth it to try it anyway!  I was not disappointed!  I fell in love with the flavor of this toothpaste.  It cleans great, tingles, and is not an overwhelming flavor.  My breath feels fresh for a long time and without a nasty mint aftertaste.  This is now my favorite toothpaste ever, and I actually look forward to brushing my teeth just so I can use it!