2.3

2.3

Tasty and Healthy

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Trader Giotto's Garden Vegetable Lasagna:

Trader Joe's Garden Veggie Lasagna is truly a healthy choice, with the exception of the high sodium content common among most frozen food selections.

Yes, it's healthy.  But better than that is the taste!  I thought the flavors of basil, garlic, cheese, sauce, and veggies blended nicely.  I do admit, my mama's lasagna offers more flavor, but let's keep in mind here the nutritional content.  This lasagna is jam-packed full of organic veggies.  With all those vegetables and the addition of the wheat noodles, one might expect the dish to taste slightly like the cardboard box it's packaged in.  But that is not the case at all!

The bottom line is if you're looking for a vegetarian lasagna that is nutitious and not full of fat and calories, Trader Joe's Garden Vegetable Lasagna is your meal!

Disgusting!

from Boone, NC

Comments about Trader Giotto's Garden Vegetable Lasagna:

Please Please Please someone please shoot me in the face if you see me eating another bite of this disgusting pile of yucky pooh.  Aim for my mouth so that I can't chew another bit of this rubber-like substance they call lasagna.  I am now an Atheist because if there really was a god, there would not be any Giotto's lasagna in the universe.

At's a nada nice...

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Trader Giotto's Garden Vegetable Lasagna:

Trader Joe's is one of my favorite places to shop.  I frequently try new products and love the exceptional customer service that they are known for.

Today I bought (and made) the Trader Giotto's Garden Vegetable Lasagne made with organic vegetables & wheat flour.  What attracted me most was the fact that the portion size is very large (11 oz.) and total calories was only 290.

When I opened the package I was impressed by how large the actual meal was.  I microwaved it for 6 minutes and let it rest for another 2 in the microwave.  It smelled very good.  When I took it out of the microwave it looked kinda yummy (despite the picture)!  However when I began eating it I quickly realized it had no flavor.  Underneath the top layer of sauce and cheese was way too much ricotta and spinach stuffing the noodles.  In fact, it seemed there was an obnoxious amount of the 'filling' and not much else.  The flavor was very bland and sometimes not so pleasant.

I was a trooper and ate the entire portion and must admit I was full afterwards.  But the taste was bad enough where I wouldn't buy it again.