3.3

3.3

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

Tracfone Free to Those Who Qualify - Great Service!

If you are within a certain income bracket and qualify for certain government programs, if you're disabled, or get state funded health insurance, you might qualify for a Safelink phone.  As a single mother with tons of bills to pay and barely a dime to do it, this is a Godsend for me and I'm not ashamed to review this product.  Single moms, you know that you have to be able to be reached at all times when your kids are in school and many of you may not be able to afford a cell phone by your own means, do not be embarassed to apply, you can do it online.  You get 68 free minutes of air time in the event of an emergency.  The program is there and if you qualify, you get a free, attractive pre-paid Tracfone.  There are many offers as well for those who need more minutes that you may get by email from the Program.  I just got an offer to put an hour on my phone and they would double it.  I don't need these minutes at the time, but if I did I would definitely take advantage of that offer.  Minutes are easily deposited by the entity who provides the minutes monthly on the third day of the month.  I am so thankful for this program, please feel free to check it out if you think you may qualify, google it girls, Safelink.  Its available in most states, NH & MA I am certain about!

Its not glamerous but SAFELINK is definately a great program.

I ordered my phone off of the internet at safelink.com. The delivery took about a week to get here and was shipped by fedex so I could track the delivery which was rather reassuring since I was woried it wouldn't make it by regular mail. SAFELINK is a government funded program that lets low income individuals get a phone for emergencies. When the cell phone arrived it was brand new in the box with a battery, charger,and an instruction booklet (the phone was already activated). It dosen't come with bluetooth, a camera, double minutes, free nights and weekends but what do you expect you're still getting more than you paid for and it works well. You are provided an allotment (which is different from state to state) of minutes monthly for a year but if you still needit you can reapply after youf year's up. If you run out of minutes you can put TRACFONE minutes on it but they should be comming out with SAFELINK cards soon . Unfortunately you have to purchase the cell phone holder and ear piece separately off of the tracfone websight if you need them. But for emergencies and those who dont have a phone you should definately consider SAFELINK WIRELESS.

The worse phone

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Tracfone - Safelink Cell Phone:

This has got to be the absolute cheapest and most disfunctional phone I have ever seen. It lacks staying power and battery life. The customer service is always a pain to deal with as well. You will literally spend 35 to 45 minutes trying to get technical support. The customer service reps dont always seem to know what they are doing and take up alot of time repeatedly placing you on hold. I would only recommend this phone if you can not aford anything else.

Definitely Worth Your Time

from Buhler, KS

Comments about Tracfone - Safelink Cell Phone:

If you are within certain income guidelines, if you are any type of public assistance, then Safelink is definitely worth a few minutes of your time! You signup, can do online or over the phone, really easy and only takes a few minutes. Then they send you a free cell phone and you get 250 free minutes a month. All you have to do is make at least 1 call per month to remain active, and you don't need to recertify for a whole year! There is not a ton of paperwork needed, but you do need to activate the phone once it arrives. You do not get to choose your phone, which can seem like a downer, and they are generally older models that have been used and reconditioned. However, if you are strapped for cash, it truly is a great help! Having a phone available relieves a stress and burden on your shoulders, it is a great safety tool. The phone arrives quickly, with the accessories you need. It's basic, but it's FREE. And they are reliable! Should you need any extra minutes, you are always able to buy extra minutes. Just pop into your local walmart and pick up a tracfone prepaid card.

Great program!!

Comments about Tracfone - Safelink Cell Phone:

I received my new LG phone within 10 days of mailing in the application. The phone was charged when I received it, so I just followed the instructions included and loaded my free minutes. I waited about 30 minutes for the airtime to load and was making calls! No problems at all.

• Battery Life:

Its great for the price,but not if u use alot of minutes per mth

from Spotswood, NJ

Comments about Tracfone - Safelink Cell Phone:

this cellphone is great for those who dont want to commit to a monthly bill.They do offer value plans for monthly,or you can buy pre-paid cards.It has a web browser on it,though because the browser button is on the upper right hand side on the phone,it will connect to the web and use your minutes if you accidentally hit it(or you have it in your purse and it bumps against something).The screen is clear and bright,the keypad is raised for easier dialing/texting,& the dialing screen is full screen w/ changable background/text color for easier reading.The downfall is it uses .30 cents for each text.Net 10 which is made by tracfone as well,costs .05 cents a text and to me is a better deal.

the tracphone system is ok bout oh so slow

from New York, NY

Comments about Tracfone - Safelink Cell Phone:

I am reviewing the Motorola's Tracphone, the one that the government gives out to those who are participating in medicaid.  While this is something nice for those who have little or nothing, the phones that they provide are so primitive that using them is an embarrassments for even the least tech savoy.

I would like to say something nice about the phones but really can't come up with a single redeeming value.  Simply put they are part of the dinosaurs age when it comes to technology.  They should be buried along with all the old bones from the days of the giant lizards.

Free phone service

from Dutton, AL

Comments about Tracfone - Safelink Cell Phone:

I signed up for the free Tracphone through Safelink for my elderly parents. It was very easy to sign up, all I had to do was fill out an online form and got their phone in about a week. The first one wouldn't work but customer service was great and sent out a replacement right away. We live in a rural area and service isn't great. Some calls will not go through and on a trip out of town they were not able to use the phone in certain areas. This concerns me somewhat considering I got the phone so they would have a safety net should something happen to them when they are out and about. Being in their 70's they found even this simple phone hard to operate. The phone itself has NO bells or whistles. It just has small buttons and are hard for my parents to dial. They rarely ever use it and their minutes keep stacking up. I'm not sure how it is in other states but apparenty their minutes roll over if not used.

For a free phone I didn't expect anything fancy and overall for the most part it's done what I needed it to do. I just hope that in the case of an emergency it will be there for them.

Safelink free minutes

from Sweetwater, TN

Comments about Tracfone - Safelink Cell Phone:

I have been useing the free safelink tracfone for a couple of years, it is my understanding that these minutes are paid for by the FCC. I was not receiveing my minutes, and tracfone kept saying i was, so i sent an email to the FCC and recieved a letter telling me they were contacting the company and all of a sudden, the minutes they couldnt seem to get to me suddenlly apeard, now it is all happenning again, none in january and none this month iether. I am very disabled and rely on my phone for emergency, my sister lives with me but some times i need to call her on my cell phone to get her to my bedroom, i would have died if i hadnt had this phone, so this is very important to me.So i sent them an email yesterday and told them all over agian what was going on, and told them that if i do not recieve my minutes for january and february by this evening , that i would be forced to report them to the FCC again. Now, this is rediculas, i should not have to be going through this every month , or every other month. Tracfone needs to get it together or the FCC needs to find another provider for the free minutes. Please don't get me wrong, i am greatful to the FCC for providing this service to those of us that need it, but what good is it if we can't get the free minutes from the contracter?

free for those who are qualified GREAT

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Tracfone - Safelink Cell Phone:

I got my safelink tracfone recently. now i for one love it its simple and free.not alot of extras on it. mine came with two games sodoku and battle reversi great games to pass the time with.ive had no problem with call service no dropped calls yet. wish i could add my own ringtones or add more games but hey for a free phone what else do you expect. i hope if you are in need and recieve any kind of government aid you really consider grabbing one of these. it comes in handy in a pinch and may help you one day.

Tracfone - Safelink Cell phone, make calls that's it.

from Statesboro, GA

Comments about Tracfone - Safelink Cell Phone:

First I can not start without saying the Tracfone safelink cell phone is great for people who can not afford a phone. It is great this phone is such a low prices and even free for people who qualify. When I did not have a cell phone this phone was very handy. It does not have any extras or anything to make you love the phone but the fact that it is a low price or free you can not complain much if you remember that. The only thing the phone can do is make calls and text. It is a great phone for individuals who mostly only make phone calls. It is great to make quick and even long phone calls. I can hear clearly and the person i call can hear clear as well. You can text with the phone but it is not the best phone to text on. The buttons will tire you fingers and hand really quickly unlike other phones. The buttons are not the best for people who plan on texting a bunch. It is also not for anybody who likes to surf the net or take pictures, which is does neither. I still give it 3 starts because the reception and I can still receives and make calls which is what the phone is for so it does the job that is intended. I am not too unhappy that it has no internet but it is more than unfortunate that I can not take pictures on the phone. That would be a useful feature to add. I think every phone should include a camera!

This phone sucks

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Tracfone - Safelink Cell Phone:

This phone and their company are too complicated you have to go through so much technical garbage to do one simple task to your phone if they were going to branch off to sfaelink wireless they should have been better prepared