2.1

2.1

Pros

Cons

Affordable Elegance

If you've never warmed up to the popular IKEA-esque style of modern minimalism and bright colors, then I've got a website for you.  **Touch of Class** (www.touchofclass.com) is a treasure trove of sumptuous furnishings with a moderate price tag. I discovered Touch of Class when their catalog appeared in my mailbox.  I'd never heard of it before, but I was bewitched by the sophisticated bedroom displayed on the front cover. Inside, each page was equally captivating.

The appeal of the merchandise is luxury for less than you might expect.  The prices are wide ranging, and run from very affordable to fairly steep.  Style-wise, the range is also impressively diverse:  *Old World, Asian, Coastal, Rustic Lodge, Tropical, Greco-Roman, Contemporary*, and T*raditional*.  In addition, there are products perfect for *Garden, Safari, Victorian*, and *Grapes and Wine* decorating themes.  If you're unsure how to categorize your own personal style, both the website and catalog offer page after page of vignettes and groupings so that you can see how the furnishings translate into each style.  Even if you're already certain of your decorating tastes, browsing Touch of Class is a great place to get inspired.

In fact, I was inspired to toss out my utilitarian paper towel holder in lieu of a more "classy" rendition.  The paper towel stand features a sculptural green pear at the base with another smaller pear at the very top.  The colors are soft and painterly.  If done incorrectly it could come off as cheesy, but it really is an adorable item.  It cost me about $17 and a coordinating switch plate was another $15.  Both are small items, but in my view, successful designs happen in the details.  More important, I just enjoy looking at them.

Although I haven't yet splurged for any of the more expensive items, I am no stranger to the bargain pages.  Yes, even lovers of luxury enjoy a good sale and Touch of Class has not left bargain shoppers out of the fun.  The Clearance pages are often over 100 pages long, and there are definite deals to be had, such as a $200 bedspread reduced by 50%;  a  $50 Aubusson rug marked down to $30; or a $100 price reduction on a $260  lamp.

With a little patience (and a little luck) you can find high quality, high style merchandise at truly affordable prices.

BEWARE OF SHIPPING POLICIES

Unless you are positive you want to keep an item when they offer you free shipping, don't order it. If you return an item because it is cheaply made and ugly, or for any reason, they will charge you double what it would have cost to ship the item TO YOU and deduct from your refund. I have never heard of anyone charging you shipping on a free shipping order just because you return it - and you pay the return shipping as well.
Let me make this clear - if you order a $200 item with free shipping and your return it - you will only get $180 back. In addition you pay the return shipping.

Their items are cheaply made and the pictures are much prettier than the actualy merchandise. The curtains I ordered were made in China. They looked like a clown costume when they were hung. Very poor material as well.

Very poor attitude at customer service as well.

Very Poor Customer Service

from Seattle, WA

Comments about TouchOfClass.com:

Touch of Class "check-out" part of their website is deceptive. It will show the total amount of the order with no shipping charges; and then when your credit card info has gone through and charged it will show that it charged very high shipping fees. Don't buy here unless you want to pay high shipping fees ($18.95 for ground shipping for items that did not weigh one pound). And VERY, VERY poor customer service. It takes items forever to ship after your credit card is charged.

I would definitely use Touch of Class again

from Prairie City, Iowa

Comments about TouchOfClass.com:

I had read all the negative reviews, however Touch of Class had exactly what I wanted, so I ordered it. I was extremely pleased with the quality of the products! Very high quality. But, I had ordered 2 pair of drapes and the tie backs did not match (one had trim all the way around, the other had trim only on the bottom). So I had to call customer service. They told me which pair to return and I received the correct one shortly. It was not extremely fast, but within a reasonable amount of time.And to get what I wanted was worth the wait.

Touch of Class, Touch of Price

from Utah

Comments about TouchOfClass.com:

After we bought our new house, we were looking for wall decorations since this house is a lot bigger than our last house. We looked at touchofclass.com and found some wall mirrors that were what we were looking for. They were running a sale at the time we found them, which made it a good deal. Otherwise, the normal prices on this site are pretty expensive. If I wanted something very nice that was at a good price, I might use it, but otherwise, I don't plan to use this site much more.

The site is laid out well and pleasant to use. We enjoyed shopping on it together.

Product Pricing
Although the products do look classy, you can still find similar classy looking products much cheaper at other stores. Simply calling them classy doesn't justify charging a lot more for them.

Shipping and Returns
Free shipping on nearly 5,000 of their products is a very good deal. You will probably be spending a lot already, but it's nice not to have large shipping fees piled on the top.

• Shipping and Returns:

Wait a long time to learn that you must wait longer

Comments about TouchOfClass.com:

I waited for over one month for my order to arrive after the announced ship date. I never received it so I called and was told that it would arrive the following week. It again never arrived. I called again and was told that it would not arrive until next month. I was given no notice or apology for the delay or lack of communication. I will never do business with this company again.

Customer Service
No notification or apologies for delays.

Shipping and Returns
Ship date is set over 1 month out, and then it takes over a month beyond that.

Upset with product

Comments about TouchOfClass.com:

I ordered a sea shell quilt it had many flaws in it. I e-mailed them and never got a response now I am told it has been too many days... Watch what you order from them!

Product Pricing
I paid almost $400.00 for the set with flaws.

Customer Service
No response from customer service until it was too late to return

Horrible

• Shipping and Returns:

Horrible company....Do not buy from them

Comments about TouchOfClass.com:

I ordered artwork and some of it never shipped. I've had to call their customer service (department which is a joke) at least 9 times to find out about shipping. My bank posted the full amount to them, and they did not ship anything. Their customer service doesn't know if items shipped out or not....They just say their shipping department knows and pass the buck. If you cancel, that is a nightmare as well. They say they must wait for their inept shipping department to send them back the invoice, What is this the dinosaur age again?

I've now had to resort to getting the credit card's fraud department to investigate it has gotten that bad.

Do yourself a great favor, do not use this company,...ever, Only problems and disappointment will happen.

Doing business has been the worst expenience of my internet shopping life, they are that bad.

Can we give less than 1 star?

Zero stars and that's generous.

Incorrect Descriptions - Terrible Customer Service

from New York, NY

Comments about TouchOfClass.com:

Don't buy anything from this website. They falsely advertise what the products are made out of, and have horrible customer service. Promise to call back and never do, promise to look into a problem and don't

BEWARE OF SHIPPING POLICIES

from Hamilton, OH

Comments about TouchOfClass.com:

Very poor attitude at customer service as well.

Affordable Elegance

from Chicagoland, IL

Horrible Customer Service

from Irvine, CA

Comments about TouchOfClass.com:

I called and paid extra to get a product by a certain date. 3 days later they called to confirm my information. Because they wanted to confirm my info (which was exactly what I told them) there was some doubt as to if I would get my order on time. Instead of offering to pay the extra shipping charge, they wanted me to pay a second extra shipping charge.

Also, the girl on the phone told me that the 3-5 day shipping I paid extra for only applies after an order has been cleared. LIE! That is not what the website said. It did say I would receive the order within 3-5 days of ordering if I paid extra... as I did.

Completely unhelpful customer service that lies to cover themself.

If you need something in a hurry DO NOT buy here!