Other Home Gyms:
Total Gym
Total Gym Home Gym

Total Gym Home Gym

Total Gym can be used by anyone and at any fitness level.

The Total Gym was not my first try at getting a home workout system.  After trying several others I was about to give up the notion that their was something out there that could be used in my home.  I needed something that could be small enough to fit into the space I had available in my home and something that could adapt to my fitness level needs as they changed.  The Total Gym can give me a head to toe workout or I can just work the areas I feel need it most that day.  You can set the resistance to build muscle or to simply tone the muscles that you already have.  You can even use it to get a cardio workout which is not something people think of when they see a machine like that.  It works on cables and your body weight acts as the resistance.  As you increase the incline of the board it increases the percentage of resistance that you feel.   There are several exercises for each muscle group so that you do not have to do the same repetitve workouts each time.  It comes with a poster showing many of the exercises.  It also comes with a flip chart with some exercise routines laid out for you.  There is an instructional DVD to get you started and show you how to make quick changes for different exercises. Overall, this is a great choice for anyone!!

Ok At Home Gym

I will start off by saying that this was given to us brand new. We did not pay for it. That being said-I am not sure if I would pay this much for this gym. It comes with a user video. It also has a flip chart and a drink holder right on the machine. I thought this was a really nice feature-especially for people who aren't used to things like this. It is nice to have the option for something like this in your basement.

It uses your body weight as the resistance or "weight". Cables and pulleys are used to move the weight through the machine. You incline to increase the resistance. But I think I would rather just pick up another set of weights as opposed to having to move the incline every time. There are also several different handle attachments. It really just seems very cumbersome to have to do evertime you want to change exercises.

It is also really long. It's not so much wide, but it's pretty long and it seems to take up a lot more space than it appears to on tv.

It's nice to have the option, but definitely don't think I would spend my money on it.

The total gym is the best excercise equipment that you can buy.

Comments about Total Gym Home Gym:

I gave the total gym a rating of 5 because it has helped me lose over 100 lbs. 3 years ago I was over 400 lbs. With diet and excercise and lots of help from the total gym I'm down to 258 lbs now. So anyone who says that the total gym doesnt work, they obviously have not tried it. Give it a try and you will love it as much as me.

Ive tried alot of excercise equipment in gyms and neither have ever made me feel like ive done anything. Also you dont have to worry about who else is watching you work out. Thats how I feel anyway. With this you get to do in the privacy of your own home and no worries and no embarrasment.

It is so functional, all you need to do is unfold it and your good. and for someone like me that does'nt have alot of space you can get a great workout and put it right away of you need to.

I've had my total gym for 3 years and I have not had any problems with it, it still glides like brand new.

The only thing about the design that I can say is it keeps getting better. Each time I see a new total gym I want it.

It is fun and easy to use!

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Total Gym Home Gym:

I had the Total gym for over 3 years now and I have to say I love it more than ever!

I was doing free weights at a local gym but unfurnetely i had to stop because I developed a back problem due to bad posture during the exercices.With the Total gym,i don't have this kind of problem because the bench gives you stability and the resistance cable give you a great workout without bulking up.i reccomend it to all the busy moms out there.

The Total Gym. Awesome machine

from Rumford, RI

Comments about Total Gym Home Gym:

This piece of home workout equipment is lightweight, yet powerful. It works every muscle in the body. I have had mine for many years. I use it all the time. I'm a golfer and this is the best piece of equipment to help keep me strong and flexable. Would I recommend this piece of equipment? Absolutely....

Ok At Home Gym

from Warrensburg, MO

not so great

from Fremont, CA

Comments about Total Gym Home Gym:

This machine may or may not serve your purpose.  If you are trying to get a decent workout and are trying to stay fit, then this machine may work for you. However, if you are trying to bodybuild and put on muscle then i recommend that you work out with weights and/or acquire a gym membership such as at 24 hour fitness or ballys.  This machine is based on resistance training and will help you lose fat if and only if you stay committed and work out consistently.  You can adjust the height of the machine that you are working out on, which makes it more or less difficult depending on the height.  This machine will help you become more fit but will not help you get "big." This gym machine comes on tv very often and I am sure attracts a lot individuals that are not very aware of what shall serve their purpose.  Personally, I don't recommend this machine for those that are already lean and are trying to gain muscle mass.

total gym works strength top to bottom

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Total Gym Home Gym:

The Total Gym is a excellent machine. You get a full range of motion through each movement. Perfect for a beginner. No time wasted changing parts. Has a plethera of different excercises for each body part. Male or female perfect for either. I would give it four stars on desighn. One problem durabillity. its low grade steel function after fuction.will not withstand time before something brakes. It is a machine that uses your own weight. You can increase the resistance bye adjusting the incline up or down. It is real easy to do. You stand in the back of the machine. Pull the saftey pin out and pull up on the leaver on the back . Then adjust up or down. Up increases the resistance down decreases it. If you are just starting out you can leave it down to have minimal resistance and up for maximum. Give it a month using it daily and you will be at the top in no time. One problem is . If your a serious athlete you will work yourself out of it in no time. But if you want to stay fit and get the muscles stretched it will keep working for ever.

Total Gym seems to do it all... says Chuck

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Total Gym Home Gym:

I see Total Gym all the time on late night television (paid programming). I find it interesting how each time I watch the same exact show, same people, same everything, but I still find myself watching the whole thing. I guess it's just the whole late night boredom kickin in.... Nothin on television (crappy cable networks). I find myself watchin and watchin and watchin this crap until ,... in my eyes, it's almost believeable. Chuck Norris is  a helluva spokesman for Total Gym, but he makes all the exercises and routines look waaaaaaaay too easy. I mean come on Chuck....... show a lil strain every now and again. Make me believe I'm actually gonna get a workout fron this thing. I really think that this factor alone, would definately restrain me from every thinkin about buyin this product. If one of my buddies just so happened to have one, I MIGHT give it a try.But Chuck, if it's as easy as you make it look, it's a waste of time and money.

The Total Gym is a complete work out

from Deltona, FL

Comments about Total Gym Home Gym:

I Purchased a Total Gym last week via the home shopping network. The delivery was within 5 days from the order. It arrived in perfect condition and the few pieces that needed to be set up only took a few minutes. It came with a CD that demonstrates most of the exercises. This is the unit that Chuck Norris and christy Brinkley have been selling on late night info-mercials for years. I can truly say that it lives up to the hype. It is easy to set-up and easy to use. Making the transition fro one excercise to the next is as simpe as pulling a few pins out and movng th cross bars. The sliding platform is very smooth, it has superior bearings that can handle my 240 pound body without any trouble. I have set it up in my spare bedroom s thatI wouldn't need to foldit up for storage however, I folded it and slid it under the bed to test it for a future time when if guess arrive I willl be able to store it quickly and it was easy t do. I would give this item 4 stars out of five and recommend it to people who are lookng for gradual results

Works great on abs!

from Byesville, OH

Comments about Total Gym Home Gym:

I have 3 small children and use the Total gym 2 times a day, 2 different exercises and have rock hard abs already.I have been using it for about 3 months so far. I love it!! The best product I have ever bought!

the best work out ever!!!!!!!!!

from Smithfield, VA

Comments about Total Gym Home Gym:

When I first got the total gym I was just amazed at how small it was but yet you could do so much.  Before this I had a bowflex which I thought was great.   The bow flex just took up so much space and it was just too bulky to take down it had to be a permanent fixture.  If you wanted to take it down there was so much work to it that we have just left ours up in the Porch. Setting up the Totel Gym was so simple  as opening the box and pulling it right out,setting it up right and opening the gym up.  We were ready to use  right a way. The total gym has taught me to be paient in exerice and the instructions are very eay to read  We have had a great deal of fun with the gym because the chilren can not get over how you can do so many exercises with such a small piece of equipment compared to the bow flex..  . There are so many things that can be done with the total gym and I am waiting to get the cycle that goes with it .  They are adding things all the time to make this product better.  So take it from me  The advertisment is true and how could you not beleive Chuck Norris!!!