Other Tablets:

Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch Android Tablet AT105

Pros

Cons

• App Availability:

High-end Android tablet that can potentially replace your laptop

From the get go, what you receive is an Android 3.2 Honeycomb (upgradeable to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich without rooting) tablet equipped with Tegra 2 CPU. To the average user, what this means is that you have a device that's an equivalent of a medium-spec net book. Browsing the internet with this tablet is a breeze, made better by the fact that Adobe Flash is supported as well. If you're looking to engage in some entertainment, you can play console-quality games like Shadowgun. Someone told me the same thing and I thought they were exaggerating, but I was actually speechless once I started playing. A lot of games are comparable to Xbox Live Arcade games, which is really neat considering that it's all from this small device. Playing movies is also a breeze, but unfortunately, the small internal memory size is not quite accommodating to storing digital copies of your collections, so I don't really delve in that. As far as the cons go, the only negativity I can think of is the limitation of the Android marketplace. That's not really the tablet's problem, but given that this is an Android tablet and apps are a main part of any tablet, it should be noted that there aren't as many apps as the store for Apple does. Regardless, there are still enough apps to suit your needs in any department, be it office suites or Angry Birds. Overall, this is a great beginner tablet to introduce you to the world of mobile computing.

So sad...

My fiance spent a lot of money on this tablet for me as a Christmas present after in depth research. At first I loved it! But then there was a system update which caused the browser to be pretty much unusable. It closes on it's on sporadically and frequently. I've tried everything, but a year later and it's still the same. I use it the best I can, until I get too frustrated and then toss it to the side. The best luck I've had is if you download an alternate web browser from the Google Play Store. I've tried several, but Puffin seems to work the best (the free version is fine). It only closes maybe once a month now rather than several times a day. I do love the Thrive for streaming Netflix or even downloading movies and also playing games. Another plus is that there is tons of space for pictures and such. Oh and one of my favorite features is the fact that the Thrive has a full sized HDMI port, which means that you can connect it to your TV and your TV screen becomes your tablet screen!

Interesting ideas being implemented.

from Gainesville,FL

Comments about Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch Android Tablet AT105:

This tablet is tailored to the geeks out there who love functionally above all else, sure it won't win any beauty contests, but hey... it has a usb port!

So the thrive is an interesting venture into the tablet world for Toshiba. I have a obsession collecting tablets and this was an acquisition I made several years ago. The reason I purchase this particular sku was that it had the most functionality I had ever seen jammed into a tablet. The main appeal was the usb port which seemed to be a great addition to he tablet concept.

This tablet attempted to bridge the gap between the old generation of tablet PC's and the newer more user friendly mobile driven Tablets. It did that job well, but it did not hold up very well. Android Honeycomb had its fair of amount of problems, and no real update support down the line made the tablet slower and slower. This tablet had promise and is decent for business, but stay away for casual use.

So sad...

• App Availability:

A slightly bulky, yet functional tablet.

Comments about Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch Android Tablet AT105:

This is all in all a pretty responsive tablet. While it is not a pretty or sleek as other tablets out there today, it is still very multipurpose and functional. The screen is really nice and clear, and all of the external ports are impressive as well for such a small gadget.

Battery Life
Battery is very long lasting and is so very easy to change out when needing charged.

Processing Speed
I have had no problems with connection or processing speed.

Weight
It is a little heavier and bulkier than you expect it to be.

App Availability
App availability is just okay. I am mostly disappointed with the Netflix app here. I did not have a lot of the videos I enjoy watching readily available on here for viewing, which is disappointing.

It is a pretty solid looking and felling unit, much bulkier than other tablets. I am not crazy about the back cover, though. The material is not very hard and it always feels as if it will come off easily.

• App Availability:

A Great tablet at the price

Comments about Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch Android Tablet AT105:

This is a great tablet with a 10 inch screen it is great for doing just about anything on from games to reading books. It is alot better than the kindle because you can download the app from the market place and you have bigger screen to read on. The batter life is great and you can customize the back with different colors. The tablet also takes a full size sd card which is great for getting information on and off the tablet. It does have front and rear camera also great for skyping.

Battery Life
Does not take very long to charge along with it will last for several days depending on what you are doing. The battery can also be replace if need be.

Processing Speed
Can be alittle slow some times but you can just restart the tablet and it will free up some ram and run faster.

Weight
IT is a big tablet but the battery is worth the extra weights

App Availability
IT uses the google market place and sometimes apps are not available for tablets but most of your usual apps are avalilable. Some apps will run on a smaller scale but still is ok.

• App Availability:

This is a great tablet for several activities

Comments about Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch Android Tablet AT105:

This is a great tablet for the price. I love the full-size ports for HDMI and USB. I am able to easily hook this up to a TV without digging for a mini-HDMI cable.

Weight
It is a big tablet (10"), so it has a little weight to it.

App Availability
Most Google Play apps are avaialble. I have yet to find an app not supported.

Like most modern electronics, this seems to break rather easily. My first Thrive fell from about 2 feet and the screen shattered. I definitely recommend getting some sort of case to help alleviate, or an ADH plan.

• App Availability:

This tablet is a great choice for on the go folks.

from Helena, MT

Comments about Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch Android Tablet AT105:

This tablet is great for on the go. It has a vivid screen and streaming works well on it. You can also print to your own printer from it just like a laptop. Good alternative to a laptop when you are on the go. The GPS is great for travelling, etc.

Weight
Light weight to carry anywhere.

Size allows it to be very portable.

• App Availability:

Great features....in some ways better than an iPad

Comments about Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch Android Tablet AT105:

When I decided I wanted to buy a tablet, I shopped around for something that was fairly reasonably priced with ports! I wanted a tablet that had a USB port and an HDMI port. Because the Thrive had both and had fairly decent reviews, I opted for it. I like being able to hook up my tablet to my TV! It's also nice to be able to have something small enough that I can prop it up on the treadmill as I'm working out. Would I purchase it again? Heck yes.

Weight
A bit clunky, but doable.

App Availability
Android. That says it all.

I love the port availability.

Toshiba Tablet

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch Android Tablet AT105:

Great tablet to have. Love it. The screen is big and easy to see and easy to use apps

Battery Life
Good battery life. Lasts longer than most

Processing Speed
Processing speed is fast. Easy to maneuver and find what your looking for quick

Weight
Very light weight and easy to carry

App Availability
Lots of apps to choose from

Design is great, small compact and easy to see

Very durable.

• App Availability:

Nice Android tablet, with great connectivity features

Comments about Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch Android Tablet AT105:

I bought this tablet to store/retrieve song lyrics and music for live gigs, and it's turned into my kids' entertainment system (when I'm not at work), my notepad, my office radio, a portable movie player, and one of three e-readers (with Kindle app). Overall, it's been great, and the docking station provides connectivity to a good speaker system (native audio is a bit lacking).

Weight
a bit bulky and heavy, but that's a decent tradeoff for the full-size HDMI port

• App Availability:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch Android Tablet AT105:

I love my tablet. I use it every day. I have not used it yet to read books. I could, but I prefer paperbacks. This tablet might be a little heavy for those of you who would want to use it to read a book. I love that I can upload photos directly from my SD card from my camera, this was a deciding factor for me in purchasing this tablet.