View more laptops

Toshiba Satellite T135 Notebook PC

Toshiba Satellite T135 Notebook PC

4.1

Toshiba Satellite T135 Notebook - Great laptop for college

My dad purchased this laptop (Toshiba Satellite T135D-S1325) for me for my birthday a few months ago because my other Toshiba Satellite laptop was pretty old (purchased in 2004) and was clearly showing its age (it was very, very slow). I wanted something lighter, smaller, and basic because I was mainly going to use it for general activities like Internet surfing, email, video-watching, music playing, and viewing photos. Nothing really processor-heavy (which is what my very fast desktop is for). Basically, I wanted something inbetween a normal laptop and a netbook.

All in all, I'm quite satisfied with this laptop. It's small, very easy to carry around (I can't tell you how nice that is... my old Toshiba Satellite was a monster compared to this one... VERY heavy). This one is so light and small, which I love. It's so easy to carry it around campus. I like that it has a dual-core processor, too, and is much faster than a netbook. Windows 7 works great on it and the 4gb RAM is definitely a plus.

The only aspects I'm not very satisifed with are the display and the sound. The sound, of course, is pretty much expected to be cruddy on laptops and netbooks. That's pretty much a given (just look at Consumer Reports... almost every laptop gets a half black-dot or "fair" rating for speaker quality), so it doesn't bother me too much. I just use earphones, which isn't so bad.

The display I'm not very happy about because it's VERY bright and the whites are almost blinding. It's LED backlit, so that is probably the culprit. Even when I turn the brightness setting way down, the screen seems incredibly, overly bright to me. It really hurts my eyes after a while. I'm not sure if this is just how the display is supposed to be or if it's my particular unit. My old Toshiba laptop may have been quite old, but it had an amazing display. This one, I'm not so impressed with. However, I put up with it because this was a pretty affordable computer and I love the fact that it's way more portable than my old one. I just can't sit for really long periods of time in front of it.

The keyboard is also a bit difficult to use because of the small keys, but I have small hands, so it's not a huge issue for me. I don't use the trackpad (I know some people mentioned it's awful and doesn't respond well), so I can't comment on that. I always use a mouse because it's just more user-friendly, in my opinion. Also, there is no CD/DVD drive, but this isn't a problem for me because I never use those anymore and having one would just make the computer heavier.

In short, I really recommend this computer because it fits that niche between laptop and netbook. It's very portable, easy to use, and has very good processing power for all your basic tasks and more. It's great for travel and fits my needs a college student just fine.

Ok computer for what you pay.

I have had this laptop for a little while now and I have to say it is not the best one that I have ever owned. I mainly got this laptop for the sales price because the laptop I was using up and dies on me. I like the size and the weight of the laptop but I was definitely not impressed with the operating system that it came with so I switched that shortly after acquiring the laptop. It is a pretty good machine for email and doing homework but for me not really that great for gaming. I have notices that part of this laptop seem to be constructed very poorly because I have had pieces fall off and the keys seem to fall off frequently. I really do like the Toshiba name but just not this laptop for some reason unless I just got the bad one out of the batch. I have already had to replace the fan in it after a very short period and the batter does not keep a charge for a long time at all. It is also not very portable because when I move it the screen will shut off occasionally. Needless to say I have gotten a new laptop to replace this one and the one I have now is way better and actually still a Toshiba.

Toshiba Satellite T135 Notebook - Great laptop for college

from Benicia, CA

Toshiba satellite t135s1810 is light weight but cheap feeling

from Santa Rosa, CA

Comments about Toshiba Satellite T135 Notebook PC:

We bought this Toshiba computer for the excellent ratio of screen size to weight.  The problem is that it has a very cheap feeling about it, and I fear that it won't hold up.  Already some keys stick from time to time, and the plastic "chrome" has worn off the left side of the mouse bar.  Also, the toggle feature of the mouse bar requires more energy to push than is optimal, causing wrist pain if one is on for too long.  In another year or so I'll have a better idea of how the machine holds up, but I am concerned by these early indicators.

The shiny black surface around the keyboard reflects light in a distracting way and shows every fingerprint.  The same is true with the case.  On the positive side, the computer is light and the screen is big enough to avoid eye strain.  It doesn't seem to over heat, and the battery hasn't degraded over the seven months I have owned the machine.  I miss having a dvd reader, but that is a choice I made to keep down the weight.

Amazing Laptop

from New Orleans, LA

Comments about Toshiba Satellite T135 Notebook PC:

I am very please with this laptop.  I buy no other brands than toshiba.  It has sufficient memory and great proccessing capabilities.  Screen resolution is nice and it has sharp contrast.  The harddrrive size is just perfect and it runs smoothly.  this computer is flat out built to last.  It is very sturdy and the screen is a nice size as well.  I use this computer for everyday use and i do not own a pc.  Toshiba has never let me down.  this is my second toshiba, so I will continue to buy them.  Obviously, I have not one complaint.  You can use this computer for gaming, internet surfing, work, or pretty much anything yhou desire.  I bought it new, so I couldn't tell you about getting a refurbished one.  The lifetime of the laptop is probably more than most.  The battery life for mine was about 4 hours.  It has been staying that way too.  All in all, this is one heck of a laptop, so you should invest in it.

good for student

from West Palm Beach, FL

Comments about Toshiba Satellite T135 Notebook PC:

I received this computer as a gift and I use my computer for school only, and I use it for emails on a daily basis. It's light, thin, easily carried around. The speed seems to be just fine, I have only had it for a few months but I am happy with the performance. I have owned 3 toshibas, the first I was not happy with and it ended up breaking down, but my last two have been great and this is my latest one. I like the screen size, occasionally watch movies on it and for all of this it is great too. I have not tried downloading a lot of songs and movies so I am not sure how the speed performance holds up on that end. Another thing I like a lot that I have had problems with in the past is overheating. I sometimes leave my computer on all day and it does not slow down or shut itself down from overheating. (I know this can be bad if it is hot and not cooling down, but point being it is not hot to the touch) I would buy it again.

The Toshiba Satellite PC Notebook is pretty nice.

from Fultonville, NY

Comments about Toshiba Satellite T135 Notebook PC:

I have had this Toshiba Satallite PC Notebook for awhile now, my mother got it from Get it Now and gave it to me. Now that its paid off about a year or two later of her getting it, it started giving me a problem of getting quite hot and then just shutting off completely while I was doing certain things. Not sure if it was used when my mother got it though. Otherwise I really like it and may just need a cooling pad for it, also cleaned out the fan and vents, and trying to keep it on hard surfaces and it hasnt shut off on its own since.

Toshiba Satellite T135S1310 Pentium is awesome!

from Lorain, OH

Comments about Toshiba Satellite T135 Notebook PC:

This laptop has been my other half in college. It's perfect for doing assignments, checking emails, and even has a built-in webcam so that I can see my family when I'm away at college. I  most definitely recommend this laptop and would even go as far as to rate it a 09/10 for its easy usability and style.

Ok computer for what you pay.

from Saginaw, MI

fast and reliable

from Denton, TX

Comments about Toshiba Satellite T135 Notebook PC:

I use my laptop a lot for my job it goes and goes. I have never had a compatibility issue no matter what I have to hook it up to for visuals or sound. It gets just as much use at home as well and I have not had any issues with it. It is still fast and I have had no problems installing any software. I use it for presentations, Java programing, photos, and all the regular things. The power cord did give out about a month ago but that was mostly due to an accident then it was any fault of the computer. I also own a Mac but I like my Toshiba much better.

Excellent Investment

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Toshiba Satellite T135 Notebook PC:

I have had multiple toshiba laptops and they have worked great.  It's not the top of the line but it works great for the average user.  Great reformat tools.  I highly recomend for the regular user needing a budget laptop.

The Toshiba Satellite PC Notebook is versatile and fun

from Portland, OR

Comments about Toshiba Satellite T135 Notebook PC:

We purchased this laptop because I was about to have 3 different surgeries.  I would not be able to go to my normal desktop computer to answer emails or play any games while recovering.  We found this at an incredibably low price, but with plenty of speed and memory.  I actually,now, prefer to be on my laptop than on my desktop.