Other Laptops:

Toshiba Satellite C655D Laptop

Pros

Cons

Long Lasting

This is a good laptop overall. I got this for Christmas four years ago and it still works and runs okay! The one problem I have now that it is older, is that it runs kind of slowly and can't process certain things. I'm getting a new laptop for college next fall, but this one has been my only computer for 4 years and I think that is great for a cheap-er computer. The design isn't anything special, but it looks modern enough to not be considered a 'dinosaur'. I recommend this to anyone who wants a cheap-ish computer for school or surfing the internet. I don't really recommend this for gaming because I seem to have a few issues with that.

When I first got this, I loved it, no problems at all! Now that it is 4 years old, it runs slower.

Battery Life
My laptop seems to die when not plugged in quicker than it used it. 4 years ago when I bought this, it ran for 4 hours without being plugged in if I remember correctly!

Support & Service
I did have one problem last year and I called for help and I got great service and they helped me with my problem correctly!

Speed/Performance
This rating is on average because it used to run great so 2 years ago this rating would be a 10, and now this rating would be a 6, so let's average it and say 8.

It's pretty basic looking. It's medium sized and really not that heavy, I like the design, it's not as cool as some of the newer laptops you see, but I like it.

This part is perfect!

Not crazy about this laptop

My boyfriend bought this laptop about a year and a half ago for college and I don't like it. I've used it several times and I find it hard to type on and it heats up too quickly and then the fan starts to run very loudly. The graphics on this laptop are ok, but some games don't run very well on this computer with the graphics card that comes with it. For the price of this laptop I would say that it isn't worth it because there are better laptops out there.

The laptop overall is easy to use, but the keypad is weird because the keys seem to be spread too far apart.

Battery Life
When you're using the laptop with just the battery it doesn't last very long at all. I've found that you pretty much always need to keep this laptop plugged up.

Support & Service
Toshiba has a good customer support team if anything goes wrong with the laptop.

Speed/Performance
Things run fine on this computer but it takes a long time to start up.

Pretty basic design, just a black laptop with Toshiba on it. I think it would look better with some color or design on it.

The screen is thin and easy to break if you're not careful.

great

from Edina, MN

Comments about Toshiba Satellite C655D Laptop:

The Toshiba satellite laptop is great. We needed a new one at home and have had great experiences with Toshiba in the past so we went with this one. It is a great size and weight and easy for us to bring around with us for travel anywhere. The keys are soft and easy to use. The screen size is perfect. It is fast and easy to manage your way around, even for my kids. It has a great memory capacity and we already have it packed full of files, pictures, videos, and more. The battery life is reasonable and acceptable. We are really satisfied with out purchase and are eager to keep using Toshiba products in the future.

Simple, even for my kids to get around and learn new things.

Support & Service
We have had no problems as of yet so no need for support service yet.

The design is sleek, modern and attractive.

All of our previous Toshiba products have had durability. I expect no less form this one. They are excellent.

Toshiba laptop

Comments about Toshiba Satellite C655D Laptop:

Unfortunately I cannot say that I am overly impressed by the Toshiba Satellite. While yes I will say it runs like your basic run of the mill laptop I can't say that it really does much more than that. The processor worked very slowly for me even from the very beginning which needless to say was aggravating for a brand new computer. With the overall basic nature of this particular laptop I would assume that it would probably be a better choice for a teenagers first gaming laptop. Not for business or students. When I buy a laptop in this day and age I expect to be very impressed by the results. Sadly for me, the Toshiba did not produce impressive results.

I suppose in technical terms the laptop is easy to use due to its basic overall design.

Battery Life
I would say it is Not very impressive with only a four hour battery life span. I have to keep it plugged in basically all the time.

No problems yet, Great buy

Comments about Toshiba Satellite C655D Laptop:

This Satellite model is an incredibly solid laptop, and gets the job done. Don't expect to play games with crazy graphics on it, its not really a gaming computer. One thing that is really weak on this laptop are the speakers, which are awful. Many laptop speakers are though, its not really a big deal. Overall its fast and reliable and you can't ask for much more from a laptop.

Pretty simple, standard laptop fare.

Battery Life
I've found the battery to be pretty good, and the computer charges quickly as well. I mean for the price, the battery is great, can last a fairly long time without being plugged in. Obviously its not on par with more expensive models, but it works for this computer.

Support & Service
Haven't really used that yet.

Speed/Performance
The start up is fast, though I guess that can depend how much you have stored on the laptop. Was pleasantly surprised by this. Better than Dell.

Nothing special, but its fine. It is not too heavy either. The material used means no finger prints all over the outside of it, which is a plus.

Haven't dropped it or anything, so that is good. Not sure how it would fair if that happened.

• Speed/Performance:

Wonderful laptop for everyone!

Comments about Toshiba Satellite C655D Laptop:

Overall, this laptop has been wonderful! I have used it through part of my high-school and college life and it has very rarely disappointed. After four years of tough love, it is now beginning to slowly go but it has been well worth the money I paid for it.

The Toshiba Satellite is by far the easiest to use out of all the laptops I have owned.

Battery Life
I've never had any issues with the battery life at all! I would say that the power cords are a bit flimsy but that is my only complaint.

Speed/Performance
I have had my Toshiba Satellite for almost four years and it's now beginning to start going down the downward slope. It is a bit slow to turn on and load and now it begins to shut down if you are doing too many things on it at the same time.

Very sleek-looking laptop! I've received compliments from my friends on how pretty it is!

I have had to replace the power cord two or three times. I never had any issues until recently the keys began falling off, which is quite frustrating to say the least.

• Speed/Performance:

Good starter laptop, very fast!

Comments about Toshiba Satellite C655D Laptop:

This laptop was my first and I got it for simple gaming. it ran mw2 in full graphics no problem!

Very easy to use. No complications!

Battery Life
Ok battery life. last about 1.5 hours.

Support & Service
Great support. Services were easy to use.

Speed/Performance
Surprisingly very fast, had no lag or slow issues.

Not to shabby for a somewhat cheap laptop.

Great durability I had it for a year and no problems what so ever!

Durable

Comments about Toshiba Satellite C655D Laptop:

My husband and I purchased this computer 18 months ago. It is still working great. One problem we had was uploading itunes. We had to contact a support line for that. We have brought it on a couple vacations already. It has held together great and the speed is just like when we first bought it. The computer will be able to run about 2 hours just using the battery.

Can't handle performance

Comments about Toshiba Satellite C655D Laptop:

My family purchased this laptop about 3 years ago. It worked well when we bought it originally. In 2012, the computer would shut off on its own. Later I found out the battery was poor and the adapter was not generating enough power. I bought a new adapter and it did not help. The LCD broke in 2013. This laptop is very slow when performing and it cannot handle everyday use.

Very poor. Dies extremely fast

Speed/Performance
Slower than any other computer I have used.

• Speed/Performance:

A good laptop with good features!

Comments about Toshiba Satellite C655D Laptop:

I had this laptop for about 2 years now and I am happy with my purchase but wish some things were different. For the computer to start up it takes a while because of all the applications that have to load before using it. The other problem is that all the applications that come with the computer are kind of useless and I never find myself using them, so I wish there was a way to erase them or at east hide it. The great things about the computer though is the sounds it produces are great quality and the speed is excellent. The screen is big enough for any use, especially watching videos and playing games. I do a lot of video watching on you tube and I never have a problem with the speed or connection, and plus the sound is awesome! The keyboard works pretty good, the keys stick occasionally but that's a small problem compared to all the great things you can do with this laptop. I would recommend this to my friends and family and would buy one again in the future.

Battery Life
On full charge it says it last about 4 hours but I usually get 2 or 3 hours out of it, which is still good battery life.

• Speed/Performance:

Reliable laptop for a decent price.

Comments about Toshiba Satellite C655D Laptop:

Good for what you pay for graphics and processor. The battery life is long lasting compared to other laptops and the service for this laptop is not stellar there will be very few problems with this laptop.

The computer is easy to use. The keys are close together and has it own num pad unlike other laptops. The screen is big enough to be able to view most movies.

Battery Life
The battery life unplugged can last a long time. If you need to bring it in a backpack or on a plane you will be able to get a lot done before needing to get it plugged in.

This laptops design is better than most other laptops. The touch pad is compact and it very hard to trigger in when you are typing furiously. The num pad once again is a welcome addition to this laptop making data entry easy.

The laptop overall has a strong durability. I have personally dropped it a few times and it still works and the parts are able to be clicked back together. My only complaint with it is that the plus key on the num pad is defective. That it keeps popping off but I am able to click it back in.

Great laptop!

Comments about Toshiba Satellite C655D Laptop:

I really love it! Great for my schoolwork and for personal use! It's even good for gaming!

It's easy to use AFTER the general interface has been explained to you. The instructions are not very clear in the beginning. After you get the hang of it, it's really easy however.

Battery Life
Lasts for several hours despite continuous use! Fantastic battery life! Just remember not to let it overheat!

Support & Service
So far, I haven't had any need to use the support or service. Generally, the laptop makes it easy to figure out problems on your own. It comes with a great virus protection program that lets you know immediately when something is wrong too.

Speed/Performance
Starts up so fast! It's great for when you need to get something done in a very limited amount of time. It's also great for when you need to switch between many tabs in rapid succession. It very rarely crashes and has a great RAM base and general memory.

The design is crisp and clean and easy to navigate, once you figure out the general interface.

Can endure quite well without getting as banged up as some other brands of laptops. The one I have has been dropped, snagged in a door, hit by accident, had things spilled on the cord (soda, even) and it still works just fine and it only has a small dent in the corner.