View more laptops

Toshiba
PSC08U-03U038
Toshiba Satellite C655-s5090 15.6" Notebook

Toshiba Satellite C655-s5090 15.6" Notebook

Great affordable laptop for everyday use

from Nashua, NH

Comments about Toshiba Satellite C655-s5090 15.6" Notebook:

I had been looking for a good deal on a laptop around Christmas-time and found this one at a great price with all the criteria I was looking for. This is a good, basic laptop for everyday, general use - internet, windows/office, photos, music etc. It is pretty fast and set up was a breeze with my wireless modem. I like the keyboard with the number pad to the side. The mouse pad is a little sensitive and increases - decreases my page size a lot without me wanting to, but that's really my biggest complaint. It's not too small - I purchased a smaller laptop for my teenage son that is smaller, but I prefer the moderate size of this Toshiba. The speakers are not the greatest, but it's the trade off for the price - I would purchase portable speakers if you would be using it for music. The battery life is suffient as well. Overall, I would rate this item as above average and recommend purchasing it.

Effortless Use

from Buena Vista, CO

Comments about Toshiba Satellite C655-s5090 15.6" Notebook:

My computer-savvy friends saw a sale on this model. They knew I was looking for a desktop but thought this would be right up my alley and recommended it as a really good value and a worthwhile computer. So far, I have had it work quickly and successfully even when performing an outrageous amount of tasks at once.

It is fast, customizable, and perfect whether you are knowledgable about electronics, or like me, just want something to function effortlessly with no complications.

I have had this for over a month now (and I'm typing from it right now) with no qualms. I highly recommend it. Make sure you purchase a recent version of this model. Earlier ones had a couple of flaws that have long since been corrected. The only negative about this model is the speakers are not very loud. This is perfect for me however and I am able to dance to music playing on it or watch a DVD with no hardship.