View more laptops

4.1

Pros

Cons

Good computer, dont like the keyboard

This computer is one we use at our church for recording sermons. This part of the computer works nicely. I don't think we've had any problems with it. We have owned it a little over a year. My problem with it is the keyboard. When I used it, I find myself constantly typing and having to go back to correct missing letters. You really have to hit the keyboard hard to get it to type. I don't like having to do that. Also, the keys are spaced apart from each other. This is a non-traditional way of the keyboard layout (unless that is becoming the normal), and I don't care for it. It makes it difficult to type when you are used to the keys touching.

Another issue I've noticed with Satellites in general (not necessarily this model) is the mouse. When you rest your arms on the laptop to type, the mouse will sometimes jump all around the screen and start zooming in or out on its own. Then you have to figure out how to adjust your settings back to normal.

But other than that, the computer hasn't really given us any problems that I know of with performance.

Support & Service
Haven't needed any yet, so I dont know how to rate it.

Keyboard isnt my favorite. Also the mouse jumps around if you rest your arm on the computer to type. (Satellites in general, not necessarily this model)

Frustrating!

This machine could be great! However...there seems to be a problem with the software. About every other time it goes into sleep or hibernation mode, it freezes and can overheat and the only way to restart it is to pull the plug. This absolutely kills the battery life. Also, the inputs on both sides are sketchy, they often take multiple insertions in order to work. The sound and wifi sometimes randomly shutoff and the buttons on the top of the keyboard don't always respond. I wouldn't recommend this product for the price.

I love this product and it's extremely reliable!!!

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A665 Notebook PC:

This product is EXCELLENT! I've had mine for almost 3 years and the only problem I've had is I've just recently had to have the fan and battery replaced. I blame that on age though and now that I have them replaced it works as good as it always did!

Battery Life
The battery life is long lasting. If I charge mine until it's 100% charged, it lasts for hours.

Support & Service
Support and Service is great with this device.

Speed/Performance
The performance of this amazes me. Usually if my internet connections good and everything, videos don't buffer, pages don't take forever to load, and it's great.

I love the design of this PC. I like the fact it has the num lock keys and everything and it's still not oversized.

The durability of mine has been excellent. I haven't had any problems with it. I've maybe spilled some water on it once or twice and it didn't fry anything! Children play on it and the screen hasn't broke or anything from them pressing fingers and wiping hands across the screen or anything like that. Also, I've had no external damage done to it.

Frustrating!

Good computer, dont like the keyboard

from Mobile, AL

Support & Service
Haven't needed any yet, so I dont know how to rate it.

• Speed/Performance:

good basic simple computer for every day use

from New Haven, CT

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A665 Notebook PC:

basic laptop computer which is dependable and easy to use

takes time to adjust to when you are used to another computer but easy enough to deal with

Battery Life
I haven't found a battery life that is worth talking about to date

Support & Service
previous experience with toshiba support and service brought me back as a repeat customer

Speed/Performance
good enough for basic use

lightweight and simple enough

seems to be durable, have only had for about six months

Toshiba Satellite

from Fenton, MI

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A665 Notebook PC:

I love my toshiba Satellite, This is the second toshiba laptop. The only reason I got a new one it because I wanted a new one. I never had a bit of trouble with the old one so hope this one treats me as good. I must say that getting use to windows 7 is giving me fits, but I will practice(when I m not reading e-mails and checking surveys like Viewpoints.

toshiba laptop

from Harrison, TN

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A665 Notebook PC:

i have a toshiba laptop and its the best laptop ive ever used in my entire life. its not just cause its a laptop but the keyboard in easy to type on and its easy to use especially when i have loads of homework to do on the internet. it keeps me in touch with friends and family and figure out what they have been up to. it has games on it that little kids can play on. it has notepads where you can store events that are coming up in the near future. its got a great speaker on it so when you listen to something you can hear it very clearly. so if anyone was looking for a laptop for a cheap price i would recomend the toshiba laptop because its easy to use and you would like it a whole bunch like me and my family do.

this laptop is amazing!

from Vinton, VA

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A665 Notebook PC:

this computer is extremely portable and easy to carry. it is a lot of fun because of all its amazing features, such as a webcam, speaker, and great sound. it also comes with several card games, which are fun to play while waiting on a bus or a flight. the screen is just the perfect size to view all of your documents with ease, but not so big that you look like you are from the 90's with a super-old computer. you can access the internet easily either through wireless or by connecting an ethernet cord when wireless internet is not available. the computer does not get too hot when it is on your lap, but if you are going to be using it for a few hours, i would recomment putting a book or something else hard underneath it. the battery life is great; i can easily get through all of my classes with still battery life to spare for homework back at home. this is especially convenient because there are not enough electrical outlets in classrooms for everybody to plug in a laptop. overall, this is a great buy, and it is not too expensive for the price because of these great qualities.

This laptop is superior

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A665 Notebook PC:

This laptop is just amazing. I'm going to get into more detail here, if you're looking for a cheap gaming laptop, I would recommend this, depending on what games you play. I was able to play wow on Low settings, which isn't a big deal to me, it's all about the game play. You can play online games, and shooters with descent graphic settings. It also has toshiba's HDD protection software, this "moves" the hard drive into a different location to where you can't damage the hard drive, and you will notice it do this when you get a pop up telling you, and it keeps your laptop completely safe. It has a good touch-pad that has both scrolling features, horizontal and vertical. It's a good affordable laptop!

service,quality and price..three in one!!

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A665 Notebook PC:

i bought the toshiba laptop few months ago after completing research on all existing brands.i found this toshiba laptop was very economical apart from the great features it offers.the only concern would be heating but whcih laptop does not have it?? but yes one thing more...it is heavy to carry if you are travelling but otherwise it has worked well so far without any troubles..:)

ofcorz if you are looking for hi-fi eatures then it may not satisfy you.

very reliable computer

from Amityville, NY

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A665 Notebook PC:

I forget exactly when, but I purchased this laptop for my mother for Christmas. The fact that it is still working says a lot for this computer. My mother is the destroyer of all computers. However, this computer seems to last. It is fast, well built, sturdy, and the one or two times I had to call tech-support I had no issues getting through, or understanding what they were saying. I would easily say that behind Lenovo and IBM, Toshiba is my next favorite line of computer model. One of my favorite things about this computer is the screen. It is beautiful. I often see my mother watching DVD films on this computer and they look excellent. My second favorite thing about this computer is the keyboard. I always tell people that the keyboard makes the computer, and this computer is very comfy on the hands. This is especially important for my mother who suffers from arthritis. If you're looking for a top-notch computer but are looking to spend 1 million bucks, take a look at the Toshiba line of computers specifically the Toshiba satellite a665.