View more laptops

S5815
Toshiba Satellite A215- (PSAFGU-055002) PC Notebook

Toshiba Satellite A215- (PSAFGU-055002) PC Notebook

3.7

Toshiba Satellite A215-S5815, By 3rd Year it was Junk!

from Dixon, CA

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A215- (PSAFGU-055002) PC Notebook:

My husband bought this laptop for me. I used it mainly for surfing the net and playing online games. Going on social media sites and email. So it wasn't being heavily used like most laptops are. This model unfortunately only lasted 3 years then it died. My husband is a computer tech and he tried to save it, but it was done. He had one before that lasted for 6 years. Since this one died within 3 years, he and I decided from then on we would never buy another Toshiba.

This laptop was very easy to use. I had my 10 year daughter using it to play games and learn how to type.

Battery Life
The battery didn't last that long in it. After the first year, it stopped holding a charge. I sure wasn't gonna go out and buy another one.

Support & Service
Never needed to deal with this category since my husband was a computer tech.

Speed/Performance
It was pretty darn fast when it was brand new. It performed like a champ. As it got to year 2 things started to start acting up with it.

The overall design looked nice and was comfortable to sit on your lap on a laptop tray.

Seem to be a strong and heavy duty case. It was never dropped so I have no idea how durable it really was.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

I love this old girl!

from Howell, MI

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A215- (PSAFGU-055002) PC Notebook:

I have had this Toshiba Satellite laptop for years. When I was previously writing a review, I was thinking of what else I could possibly share my opinion on, and as I watched my fingers fly across the keyboard of my laptop, I had a lightbulb moment. Why not share how great this old girl has been? I have gone through many computers over the years. At one point, I was all about having the latest and greatest in computers, and therefore upgraded constantly. My basement is somewhat of an old computer graveyard. However, none have been with me as long, or as consistently, as this Toshiba Satellite laptop.

This laptop has survived having a strawberry shake spilled on her within four days of our purchase (kids!) and years of being filled with games and various other unused software. She has had viruses (removed!) and been dropped more times than I want to remember. Through it all, this laptop has remained a reliable and hard-working machine. I have never had a problem with it, and though I own a newer laptop, as well as an iPad, this machine is still my go-to for internet browsing and any other computer work I throw her way.

I highly recommend this brand, and when it comes time to let this old girl go to the light, I will be looking for a new Toshiba laptop.

great portable computer

from Bessemer, AL

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A215- (PSAFGU-055002) PC Notebook:

I have had the toshiba satellite A215-S5837 for 3 years. I use it both as my personal computer and my business computer. It has enough memory to store my tons of personal pictures and my tons of music files that i use for my company. It has a comfortable keypad so that I was able to effortlessly switch from my desktop to the laptop. It also has a touchpad. The placement of the touchpad is not pefect. Sometimes when I am typing I touch it without even know it and it moves my cursor to a differnet place in my document. There is an option to turn off the keypad but if you are switching back and forth between webpages or multitasking while typing this would be a very inconvenient fix for this problem. The laptop has slots for memory cards in the front which is almost necessary in this day with the use of so many different electronic devices. It plays cds and dvds. It has a great picture.The speakers are not very loud which is something i would change if possible because i also use my laptop instead of a tv. It came wireless internet chip. We have had to replace the battery once in the 3 years. It had trouble keeping a charge not very long after buying it and it eventually got to where it wouldn't hold a charge more than 5 minutes.  Overall it is a great computer although maybe not the best. It was an excellent price for what it has and does.