View more laptops

S4527
Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook PC

Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook PC

3.9

I've used almost every brand of laptop, and like this one best!

I absolutely love my Toshiba.  I've never had a problem with it being slow, crashing or anything.  You may read reviews online that say the battery life isn't good, but actually, the more you run your Toshiba on battery, over time, the battery life is extended.  I actively use my computer on battery for almost 3 hours before having to plug it back in.  Also, the color quality of the screen is really good, and the letters don't wear off my keys, which is a pet peave of mine.  It's extremely user-friendly, and also has good security features.  If you listen to a lot of music or watch tv on your computer, the speakers are really good quality as well.  On several occasions me and 5 or more friends have watched movies on my laptop and all been able to hear clearly.  It's pretty light-weight as well, and I have no problem slipping it into my book bag and walking to classes all over campus.  The other thing I really like is that this computer never overheats.  I've used Dells, Macs, HPs and Vaios, and all of them have gotten warm to the point that I couldn't use them for a while because the touch pad and surrounding area were too hot to touch.  Toshiba is the only one that I have not had that problem with.  Definitely a good, solid computer that seems to have the consumer's interests in mind.

My Toshiba is a piece of junk

I've had this laptop for almost four years. So the one good thing about this laptop is that it has lasted this long. A lot of the laptops out there have extremely short life spans. I think that's awful. To only expect your laptop to last a few years is pathetic. But I digress.

The laptop comes loaded with tons and tons of cr@p. You have to know enough to delete numerous programs to free up some space on your machine.

The little slats covering the fan have all broken on my unit, so I have a gaping hole in the side/bottom of my laptop. It doesn't interfere too much with the running of the laptop, but it definitely is a cheap piece of plastic.

You absolutely must either get Windows 7 or go back to XP. Vista is a joke and a horrible, horrible excuse for an operating system. The sound card program on my computer isn't compatible with Vista, so my computer crashes constantly. I also have always had issues with my windows explorer (the program that lets you navigate your machine, not the one that puts you online). It constantly crashes and takes a long time to come back.

Overall this is just a joke of a laptop. But I'm still using it because I don't feel like spending a ton of money on a machine that I don't know will be that much better.

One of the best

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook PC:

I have this computer for a few years now and it still works great. It's one of the strongest laptop I've ever had. The only thing I do to always maintain is in good working condition which I think everyone with a computer should do is that I always scan it for viruses and malware everyday.

Everything is easy and simple to use and if by chance you don't get something or are confuse just ask help and support and they will explain everything and what it means and if not it easy to get help live as well.

Battery Life
The battery life for my computer isn't the longest but it is enough for me it's about almost three hours. It doesn't discharge to fast when I'm using my programs which is good.

Speed/Performance
My laptop speed if fast and not slow and the performance is good and smooth with not a lot of freezing or troubleshooting.

The design is not confusing but simple and makes it comfortable and easy to use.

It's so solid and sturdy with it durability that I have had it and I'm still using it for more than two years and everything is still working perfectly even with it having fell once nothing was wrong with it. The Durability is great on this laptop making it so great.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

Does its job

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook PC:

I got the laptop as a Christmas present about 2 years ago and the laptop does not seem to be any slower than when i first got it. But one day the screen cracked an now theirs a huge ink looking splotch in the middle of the screen that i cant seem to get rid of without professional help, although i may have cracked it without realizing. The laptop also has a useful music setup on the left that i use often to pause and play music. I like this laptop, at times it gets slow for no apparent reason but most of the time it's all good.

It's just like any other laptop. It is windows based and the touch pad has shortcuts to minimize windows that help me go about my day.

Battery Life
The battery dies pretty quick and the laptop get hot after an unreasonable amount of time.

Speed/Performance
As i said the laptop get really slow for no reason occasionally, and i do take very good care of it.

Has a good look, all that's missing is a built in webcam, but i can do without it.

It's still working well and everything fine, except the screen that has a huge black spot that really bothers me

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

Gets the job done

from Eugene, OR

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook PC:

The Toshiba Satellite series of notebooks are dependable and cheap, compared to your other choices out there. There is absolutely nothing special about Toshiba's laptops compared to a Mac or a Dell. I have found them to be slightly cheaper and just as dependable.

good computer! i love it!

from Gowanda, NY

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook PC:

I recently replaced my old laptop with a toshiba. My old one was a Dell and worked very well. I started looking at different brands and after exploring and researching I settled on the Toshiba. The price was right, I liked its size and it looks great! It is easy to use and I have not had any trouble with it such as freezing up on me or not starting or shutting down wrong. The only problem I have withit is that it came with Windows Vista. I have had trouble with that because my PDA and scanner are not compatible with Vista. Other than that I have had no problems and would recommend the Toshiba to anyone who is looking for a new laptop.

Great Notebook - weak battery

from Carmichael, CA

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook PC:

Great computer, no problems with installed hardware/software. My only complaint is the battery charge sucks. I'll get another Toshiba when I upgrade.  Another issue is that I needed to replace the keyboard, I got on-line help so it was easy, even for a novice tinker.

This is a nice computer.

from Ames, IA

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook PC:

This is a very nice computer. It's easy to upgrade if needed. And it looks nice.  I bought this computer to do classwork on and to give me internet access at all times.   As far as software goes I have put a lot of stuff on this laptop and it has handled it well.  It has not gotten sluggish as I added more software.  Upgrade parts compatible for this laptop are pretty easy to find. If you're looking for and simple and affordable laptop this may be the one for you.

Great computer for a great price

from Highland, MI

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook PC:

An easy to use laptop with lots of nice add ons. comes with a built in mic and fingerprint reader, but the latter is not compatible with Mozilla. Comes pre-installed with Vista which can be a problem if you're new to the OS. Comes with Windows Vista Home Premium so some features you're told you can only use if you upgrade. Most games pre-installed are demos. Lightweight and extremely portable it's great for a multi-tasker or avid downloader with plenty of space. Comes with media card reader and wonderful speakers!

good but suddenly restarts without lose of date

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook PC:

well, i am using this laptop since 2008 jan. i dont have more issues with this one but one problem is the laptop suddenly gets restated and though your data is not lost,  It resumes your data but sometime it irritates you.

rest  all regarding speed, memory, picture, sound qualities are good. i do not recommend this for people who give some exams sort of things as you wll be frustrated when it restarts suddenly. Also the operating system is Vista. Apart from restart problem this is good. i never contacted toshiba for this issue. also i didn't fins anyone with this issue in the forums.

I love my Toshiba A-135 Satellite laptop!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook PC:

I love my Toshiba A-135 Satellite laptop! This is the first Toshiba computer I have owned and I was uncertain of what to expect, but this computer has exceed my expectations and I am pleased with my purchase. The A-135 is very lightweight and easy to carry. The display is bright and the sound quality is great. It picks up my wifi without any issues. I am not completely sold on the operating system, but it is very user friendly. It is Vista and not many programs are compatible with Vista, but it's not a big deal for me. It was very easy to set up and the process boots fast as well. The battery is pretty good as well, but the power cord is not very long. I The computer does heat up quickly. I purchased a cool down pad and this really does help a lot. I would recommend purchasing one. Toshiba does make a very good product that is affordable. I have already recommended Toshiba laptops to my friends and family.

Toshiba Satellite A135 4527 is still holding up

from Bozeman, MT

Comments about Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook PC:

My son purchased this notebook, then had an opportunity to upgrade so passed it on to me. I've been using it for over 2 years now, and am very pleased. The keyboard is very comfortable and responsive; the display is bright and clear. It originally came with Windows XP installed, which was a wonderful operating system. We recently did a new install of Windows 7, and that is also working well on this machine. I've used it for watching movies, both on DVD or streaming from Netflix, and both sound and picture quality have been great. I wish it had more than 3 USB ports, because I've attached a mouse and webcam (surprisingly a webcam wasn't included, one of the few disappointments with this system). My biggest complaint is the poor battery life. It's only good for about an hour, even with changes to the power settings. Rarely, there will be a power glitch where the system won't turn on although the power light indicates it is hibernating. This is easily fixed by removing and reinserting the battery.