View more laptops

Other Laptops:
Toshiba
PQX33u-051025
Toshiba Qosmio X505Q894 18.4" Notebook PC - Omega Black (PQX33U051025)

Toshiba Qosmio X505Q894 18.4" Notebook PC - Omega Black (PQX33U051025)

Great Gaming "Laptop"

For starters, I was in need of a gaming machine. I wanted a laptop since I traveled often. After a few days of research, I came across this laptop ( which a friend also recommended), So I bought it and was happy since. First off this laptop comes with a Core i-7 Processor. This quad core processor boosted my game's speed dramatically! Next this comes with 4 GB of ram ( which can be increased up to 8 GB) I found this was the perfect amount. Also this comes with a 500 GB hard drive. I was a little disappointed by this due to the fact that I have many movies and games, and 500 GB isn't that great. But this was easily fixed with a external hard drive. Finally this laptop comes with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M. The display was just  stunning! Movies and games are more crisp than ever. Now with all this power comes a price. This also has a Blue Ray player! I was able to take all of my movies with me on the road. This laptop is on quite the pricey end and weight about 10 pounds. Non the less I would recommend this to anybody!

This is ok laptop

well there are really good toshiba laptops in markets and this one is just something that you can easily find with other companies too. i was not much impresed with it due to the fact of its processing speed. there are many more possible palces that needs to be corrected in this lap top. the processor needs to be bumped up. it needs to be more fast and efficient. running multiple applications really pulls the sped down for this laptop. the other thing that i found less appealing was the size and weight of it. it is obvios that due to the size it will be bulky but i wish it would have been little light. this looks more like a pc that has been branded as laptop and being marketed. the keys and body is decent in this. i just hope that they stay there for long period of time. the sound quality of the speakers is also decent. there is nothing special that i find in this laptop. i am planning to return it and rather get some better dell or hp laptos.

Really Cool

from Rocky Mount, VA

Comments about Toshiba Qosmio X505Q894 18.4" Notebook PC - Omega Black (PQX33U051025):

The Toshiba/Samsung disc drive is very popular and easy to crack (flash the firmware to a custom build that allows games to be played from copied discs). There are small details that mark this disc drive out from the other such as faster disc ejections and only having one hole in the middle. There is a square shaped cut out (where the disc is read).The Hitachi Drive is possibly the least popular drive out of other 360 DVD Drives. However, the firmware from Hitachi drives can be dumped and flashed without any additional hardware unlike the Lite-On Drives.The PLDS drive is one of the newer disc drives, which is said to be quieter while playing games/dvd/cds etc. The Phillips DVD drive is also known to be better at reading damaged discs causing it to be favored by some users.These firmwares sets are dumpable however a special probe /spear is required to extract the key from the 74850C drive to complete the firmware. This is not the case with the 83850C drive, this can all be done in software. The 83850c V2 and 93450c are now hackable via a hardware modification on the PCB.

GREAT FOR HIGH SCHOOL TEENS

from Marietta, GA

This laptop was given to me by my parents. As we all know when we get to high school, our work load increases. Teachers hand out projects, essays, and other various assignments. My parents searched for the perfect laptop which would fit my education needs. This, is the perfect gift to get your high schooler! I wanted an Apple. Howver, when I saw what this laptop had to offer, I forgot about the Apple, and became very good friends with this Toshiba. I have spent several all-nighters with this laptop. I would recommend it to anyone. I can count on my laptop to provide me with the security and assurance that it will function to help me finish whatever I need to finsh. This laptop is portable. So, I can carry it anywhere. I take it to school, the airport, cafes, friends house. ANYWHERE. I am an accident waiting to happent. Fortunatly, this laptop is very durable. I have accidently dropped it down the stairs, it has fallen off the table, and a friend has dropped it down his staircase. And it still functions!!! It's perfect!

The Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q894 18.4" Notebook PC - Omega Black (PQ

from Detroit, MI

This laptop looks like a wonderful product to enjoy. I believe that this laptop out of many should be purchased. The screen is wide in lenght and width,its compact,has a lit keyboard, and an overall great system. Its also a powerful system.

this tosihiba note book is awesome

from North Easton, MA

i have had a note book before and i didn't really liked and then i heard of this new product called toshiba qosmio x505-q894 its a note book from toshiba it has changed mylife and i would love totake it to work and and play games. i am personelly big fan of games with my friends and i like to go on the internet and surf the web and multitasking at the same time it would be a great tool for and high school college student i have had tried some new laptops but i like this one over all it has a nice felling into it and the resoulutionis great and it helped me alot while i was in college doing the essay and presentations which went prettywell with toshiba qosmio i think every one should have their hands on some laptops like this overall i would give it 5 stars. this would be  also a great product for a buisness man because its so easy to use i had a mac and it was so complicated but when i got the toshiba i knew i was in for good.

toshiba laptops are great!

from Valatie, NY

my toshiba laptop is great. i have owned two other kindsof notebooks and this is by far the best kind. the speed is very fast. also  i like the size of the screen because its bigger than most that i have seen. i would definitlely recommend this notebook to anyone looking to purchase one.

This laptop is amazing!

from Murfreesboro, TN

I own one of these laptops at the moment and I am actually on it right now writing this review! These are very functional and portable so you can take it anywhere with a good WiFi signal. I use it for my own personal use but it would also be very good for a small business use as well and it is very compact and light if that is a concern. The only thing that may be a con is that the keyboard doesn't light up for you to see in dark places.

Love it!

from Colona, IL

I really enjoy my Toshiba laptop computer! It has come in handy many times. It's easy to use and it has not given me any problems. My last laptop had problems with freezing and the cord became bent, becoming unusable. These things have not happened to my Toshiba laptop computer! Also, the price was right for the computer! I did not feel as though I was being ripped off. I felt like I was getting a great deal. My brother in law actually recommended the Toshiba laptop computer because he has one that he likes, as well. I would definitely buy another Toshiba laptop computer in the future. My husband is thinking about getting a new laptop and I have already suggested he purchase a Toshiba. The laptop is exactly what I needed and has even more than I expected. I love the large screen and the keypad on the side, just like a desktop computer. That makes using the calculator so much easier. All in all, the Toshiba laptop computer was a very smart buy on my part!

Terrific Tosh

from Saint Louis, MO

We bought my sister one of these.  She loves it, it does everything she needs, she is an avid student and has some serious courses.  she does everything with it and goes hardly anywhere without it.  she entertains usign it and uses it with her hd flat screen tv.  awesome product.

This is ok laptop

from Toledo, OH

Qosmio=Power

from Brighton, CO

What a beast of a computer, if you're looking for a workhorse with excellent gaming capabilities this will meet your needs and more. Excellent speaker system as well. A bit on the heavy side but  nice wide screen, I dont miss my old desktop. Highly recommended