4.1
Toshiba P205 Notebook PC

Toshiba P205 Notebook PC

4.1

toshiba laptops are great for movies

Toshiba Satellite P205D-S8802 Laptop is great for watching movies, it has a really large screen, with great high quality, so you can quickly forget you're watching on a laptop not a tv. One slight hitch is the fan blows hot air out the left hand side, and as it gets quite hit, you have to be careful as to where you place it.

High tech - and kinda annoying

This computer can do AMAZING things and the software is fantastic too.

This computer can do AMAZING things and the software is fantastic too.

The downside - if it's not at a specific level, sometimes some of the characters while you're typing don't show up. ANNOYING.

so you really have to pay attention while typing to make sure all your letters are there.

it has a fingerprint reader which is cool but finicky - I don't use it.

the large scren ROCKS. and the picture is very clear.

it is a bit heavy, but not abnormally so.

LOVE the 10-key numberpad too!!

but it's a great computer otherwise! Very fast and helpful and well organized! Easy to use!

Nice Laptop

from Tanner, AL

Comments about Toshiba P205 Notebook PC:

I bought this on a Black Friday Weekend and love having it. So much easier to use than a desk top. I had one problem almost immediately after getting it. The adapter plug for plugging the AC charger into the computer got loose and disappeared into the computer, so I had no way to power it. I had to send it to Toshiba for free repair but that ended up taking more than a month since they were out of stock for the part. I've had no problems since.
I love the 17" screen over a 15" one. It's so much easier to read. I plug in a hand held mouse rather than use the one on the computer. It is so much easier to use. It seems to get hot easily and you should elevate it off any surface a little. I do wish it was not as heavy as it gets too heavy in my lap after using it a while, but I absolutely love it as I love all Toshiba products.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

Very satisfied and happy with this laptop and its performance.

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Toshiba P205 Notebook PC:

I am very satisfied and happy with my laptop.  It has just about every and any option I was looking for.  I went shopping looking at a different brand/model but this easily won with quality and price.  I would recommend this to any one!!

Toshiba the one Brand you can count on!!

from Harrison, AR

Comments about Toshiba P205 Notebook PC:

I have been useing my Toshiba, for 3 years. I use it for my college classes, which is Graphic Web Design. I am able to keep up with my programs and then some, along with all the software I have downloaded, and over 4000 pictures, 10+ games, I so far have room to spare and no problems so far. When I researched all computers Toshiba ranked higher than all others in most catagories given.

When I ordered my computer, the rep was very helpful, answering all questions and even suggesting add ons that would help me in getting the best for my money. He also offered an extended warrenty at a discount. I have sent my computer in for maintance twice and have had no problems sending it off or recieving my computer back in a timely manor, or loss of programs.

In my household we have the Toshiba, a Dell, and a Hewitt Packard, among all three everyone trys to use the Toshiba. Now the Dell has crashed and we are having major problems with the Hewitt Packard. So amoung these three computers the Toshiba is a far better buy.

Crap crap crappity crap!!!

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Toshiba P205 Notebook PC:

The Toshiba Satelite P205D is horrible. It overheats regularly and takes forever to boot up! I wouldn't reccomend this computer to my worst enemy....or maybe I would :)

The 17 inch screen is nice, but what does that matter when it turns off in the middle of using it.

Very unhappy with this laptop and wouldn't buy another Toshiba.

Incredibly dependable, tough laptop

from Charlottesville, VA

Comments about Toshiba P205 Notebook PC:

This is my 3rd Toshiba Laptop over the last 6 years. This one was an upgrade, the other two were still going strong when I sold one and gave away the other. Had two other laptops prior - both Dell - had problems right after 1 year warrantee ended.

Vista was easy to adjust to. Speed is great, Love the 17" wide screen and the side number panel. Purchased this as a desktop replacement. It's been great!

It's one tough laptop (my cat jumped on it and knocked it off my stand a few months after I purchased it) Only damage was to the wireless mouse usb I had added.

I've been using this laptop daily for over 2 years. Still going strong.

Its a Toshiba!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Toshiba P205 Notebook PC:

I love this laptop. The only bad thing about it, is that it works kind of slow. For instance firefox always has this "Not Responding" thing. I'm not sure whats that about. And when I turn it on, it takes really long to load everything up.

My Toshiba works like a champ.

from Milton, FL

Comments about Toshiba P205 Notebook PC:

My Toshiba is a work horse. It continues to give me great performance no matter what I try to do. I have had this computer for over 2 years now. The sound  quality is clear and the picture is bright and has great color on my 17 inch screen.I would recommend this computer to anyone who just wants to look on the internet to doing business from your office. Its portable and plugs in any where.

Toshiba P205 Laptop has a keyboard that is too sensitive.

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Toshiba P205 Notebook PC:

The Toshiba Laptop, Model 205, is a very desirable computer in many respects.  However, I am am very fast typist and find the keyboard too sensitive.  Many times it takes me to places and lines which are incorrect.  Someone with lesser typing skills may not have this problem.

Fast as lighting

from Sterling, VA

Comments about Toshiba P205 Notebook PC:

I have always had a dell computer or lap top this is my first toshiba and I love it . It is fast and such good pictures. Husband liked myine so well that he went out and got his self one so now i get to spend more and more time searching the internet...

toshiba laptops are great for movies