View more laptops

PLL2PU-00701F
Toshiba Mini NB255 10.1" Netbook PC

Toshiba Mini NB255 10.1" Netbook PC

great machine for the money

I think this is a fantastic netbook. I played with several others but they all felt very cheap to me and their keyboards especially felt like toys. The Toshiba definitely is a smaller keyboard so is not as nice to type on as a full-sized laptop keyboard, but it is the best I saw on a netbook and is very usable with a little getting used to. I bought this Toshiba for my mom who loves it. We have an older Lenovo widescreen laptop that is pretty large, but my mom loves how small and light the netbook is and brings it to the table every morning while she reads the paper and has coffee. She still uses the Lenovo for typing long emails, but everything else she now does on the netbook. Keep in mind that it comes with Vista Starter edition, which is fairly limited in terms of functionality. My main complaint is that she wanted to change the background and Starter edition doesn't allow you to do this (although there are several small programs that allow you to do this, but they must run in the background..normally only consuming less than 1mb of RAM). The mouse touch pad is also very large on this Toshiba, bigger than the average laptop. Some of the other netbooks had these raised dots on the touch pad that was an interesting idea, but I just didn't like the feel of it. I would definitely recommend the Toshiba, and based on what else I saw out there right now, this is definitely my favorite.

do not buy this product

this compared to a mac is very small and not really even worth the money although it is small enough to carry in a shoulder bag the quality isn't comparable to other small laptops on the market my personal thoughts would be to go with a mac they are much more stable and have much better graphics as well as more storage and less chance of a crash all around a better deal for your money.  i have always loved pc but after my last few months i wouldn't get anything other then mac. so far this mac has lasted over 4 years without problems running new games and most apps.  with pc laptops you almost always have to buy a new one either every year or every 2 years at max due to breaking and crashes and most company's dont even back there product for over 6 months without an extremely costly waranty extention. toshiba and me go way back to the early 90's i have never owned a decient toshiba this is why i will not be buying this product

Perfect....for me!

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Toshiba Mini NB255 10.1" Netbook PC:

I know that not everybody would be thrilled with a netbook, but I love my little Toshiba!! I've had it for almost a year and it's been pretty much problem-free. The only problems I have is when my daughters get there hands on it and start downloading things! As much as I'd like to, I can't blame Toshiba for that problem, no matter how much I'd like to. :)

I love how small my computer is, so taking it places with me is never a problem. I just toss it---gently of course--in my purse, and off I go. The battery life is great! I can get anywhere from 8-9 hours out of it, which is something that any laptop that I can afford can't touch. I've adjusted to the keyboard without any problems and adding a wireless mouse just made things even more convenient.

For the money, nothing can beat my Toshiba NB255 as far as portability for an entry level laptop computer!

Speed/Performance
My netbook's pretty speedy with the factory installed 1G of RAM. When I finally get around to increasing the RAM to 2G, I'm sure it will fly!

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

great machine

from De Soto, KS

Comments about Toshiba Mini NB255 10.1" Netbook PC:

I usually have this one at my hip for a wide variety of things from work to utilizing my time when running kids to practices. It does have a smaller screen to get used to, but the ease of being able to throw in your purse and take with you, or store in small places is well worth.

Its a quality brand that I had never experience before, and am impressed.

The Toshiba Mini NB255-N245 is functional and easy to use.

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Toshiba Mini NB255 10.1" Netbook PC:

This toshiba net book is very functional.  I'm able to travel with it and handle most of my day to day personal business on it.  It is light weight and for it's small size the screen is viewable.  However, it does take some getting used to typing on such a small keyboard and i tried to connect a printer wirelessly but for some reason the program was installed but wouldn't run.  This netbook is not for family or multiple people usage.  It is definitely not for gaming.  Other than that it's worth the cost and I use it every day.

the toshiba mini is just awsome

from Hagerstown, MD

Comments about Toshiba Mini NB255 10.1" Netbook PC:

The toshiba mini was a great surprise to me ,because of its size i expected it to be slow and useless. the toshiba prove me wrong . I hate pc's and laptops that cant keep up but to be cheesy the toshiba mini is the little laptop that could point blank period !

the toshibia mini is my fav. way to stay in touch

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Toshiba Mini NB255 10.1" Netbook PC:

The toshibia mini has great features. It's light,just pick it up and take along every where you go.

Keep in touch with your friend's on facebook or just check your email. Can fit in a purse, or carry like a book.

The cons, would be it's screen is small, but it get's the job done.

Toshiba Mini Ony Notebook has the best application

from Houston, TX

Comments about Toshiba Mini NB255 10.1" Netbook PC:

I have found it to be most comfortable using the Toshiba Mini NB255-N245 10.1-Inch Black Onyx Netbook. I am able to find what i need and there are no problems with the application are cookies. and I also found it to be most satifiying that I am able to access the internet with maxinma speed. And it light to carry but can do the hard jod for you. I find the prouduct to be one of my favorite

great machine for the money

from Mansfield, OH

Comments about Toshiba Mini NB255 10.1" Netbook PC:

The Toshiba Mini NB255-N245 is a great starter laptop.

from Manitowoc, WI

Comments about Toshiba Mini NB255 10.1" Netbook PC:

The **Toshiba Mini NB255-N245 10.1-Inch Black Onyx Netbook **is great for new laptop users, especially for students.  It is affordable, portable, powerful enough to handle the daily use of very common applications on the market today that most people use.  The expansion packages are helpful for those students, and other people, who really want or need slightly higher capabilities.  All in all, I, as a student, would put this netbook on my list of potential computers/laptops to buy.

Definately more than happy with this netbook!

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Toshiba Mini NB255 10.1" Netbook PC:

This netbook has all the functions I need and performs way better than my old desktop. It is definately well worth the price because it is much cheaper than almost all laptops. I am only use my netbook for basic functions though. I would think if you need a laptop for presentations or for high media capability or for creating DVD's then this netbook would not be what you're looking for. But it is definately great for watching videos, playing music, making  Smartboard presentations, or surfing the web. I am satisfied with this  product.

I love this netbook

from New Berlin, WI

Comments about Toshiba Mini NB255 10.1" Netbook PC:

I love this netbook.  I use it all the time. It is portable to anywhere which makes it really easy to fit in my work bag and I don't have to have a huge 17inch laptop bag.  The only thing that does take some getting used to is the smallness of the screen and keyboard.  I love how the netbook has the same features I can get using my laptop but in a smaller case.  My husband and I went on  trip a few weeks back and with the limited space that is on an airplane it was nice that the netbook didn't take up too much room.  I love that netbook isn't as expensive as a laptop.  When using the netbook there is the freedom of portable connection to internet an I have not had any problem getting a wireless connection or a disturbance with connection or speed.  I am able to check my email and go to all the sites that I want.  I am even able to get a ebook library to read books on the netbook.  I am a huge reader so this helps as well.