Other Leaf Blowers:
Toro

Pros

Cons

• Handling:

I love it, Have mine for 12 years.

The Toro  is one of the best investments we-have made, It Mulches great to save on Yard bags and is electric. We all know how the gas prices are these days. We have alot of leaves and Maple tree can produce alot of them. With the Toro Blower & Vac we get the job done in less then half the time

A Rake works better than this pile of junk

So we bought the Toro 51573 Leaf blower as we live in the city and near a lot of cottonwood trees. Tons of leaves fall in our yard and we figured that the Toro leaf blower would help with blowing the leaves either over the ravine in our yard or by blowing into a pile and then bagging for compost. Wow, I have never seen or used such a pile of junk in my life. I may as well pick up each leaf by hand and move it. The blower lacks the power to move leaves into a pile, and the sucking attachment is useless.

Our yard is a slope, so perhaps that had something to do with the lack of performance, but I was attempting to blow the leaves down the slope, rather than up the hill.  In addition, the blower could not blow out even the driest leaf(s) out of our perrenial gardens....hostas and ferns!  Big leaves, small leaves, and everything in between just lay on the ground or move a few inches!

The only postive thing I have found for this blower is to "sweep" out the garage and driveway with it!

Don't bother with this one....look for a gas powered model with a variable speed if you have leaves to move!

Profile Image

Comments about Toro Leaf Blower:

We have had many leaf blowers in our years as home owners and this one has been one of favorites. It is not that heavy, I am only 5'1" and can carry it around fairly easily. I use it all summer long to blow the grass clippings off of our sidewalk and driveway. Of course it gets used the most in the fall when all the trees shed there leaves. It has a very powerful blow to it and gets all the leaves to the curb faster than most blowers. It also has a vacuum like suction to it and you can suck up all your yard litter into the provided bag. The bag does not hold that much so be prepared for lots of emptying into a larger bag or can. The power cord is long but you will definitely need an extension cord to use this all over your yard.

Weight
It is not all that heavy. If you have to use it for a long time it might start to feel heavier than it is but for short uses it is pretty lightweight.

It blows out pretty strongly.

I use it for grass, leaves, and any other debris that gets into my yard.

• Handling:

Great bang for your buck

from Marietta, Ohio

Comments about Toro Leaf Blower:

I bought The Toro last year when we bought our mower. It was on sale and I quickly glanced at the reviews on Viewpoints. I love it. We live in the historical part of the city and the streets are lined with trees. The leaves seems to always end up on my porch and in our yard. The blower is perfect and the mulch function is awesome. It really saves on bags. It works great. I was skeptical on having an electric powered blower, but I haven't had any problems or needed any maintenance. I know I'm saving with gas prices. It's environmentally friendly, light weight, handles well, and easy to use. I was little worried about it's durability, but it's been knocked around by my kids and is still going strong. It gets the job done quickly, which is a huge concern since we are a very busy family. Overall it's a fantastic product, I would recommend it to anyone. I haven't had any problems, and seems like it would do a good job no matter the size of the job.

Surprising Power!

Comments about Toro Leaf Blower:

After lending my leaf blower out and not getting it back in time, I borrowed my brother in law's Toro 51573 Leaf Blower. I was able to clear my yard in probably half the time it would have taken me with mine. Light and powerful, the Toro is my new choice.

Considerations:

This is an electric unit and I am typically partial to gas powered equipment. In the case of the Toro, the electric unit worked great as a blower. While I have not used the mulcher function, my brother in law said he used it and was fine for what he needed mulched.

This is a 3 in one tool and features great blowing capacity, a vacuum, and the mulcher. The blower and easily switched to vac. feature is great for getting into fence and patio corners. Comes with a bag to catch debris.

Overall Opinion:

Big Bang for Small Bucks!

I ended up buying my own and never worried again about getting my old blower back. I not only used the Toro for the rest of the Fall season but have brought it out to blow some of the lighter snow off the porches and pathways during a very harsh Winter here in New England. Very satisfied customer here.

Weight
Just about anyone in somewhat reasonable shape can handle this blower easily.

Very reliable, plug it in and start blowing stuff around.

Handling
The tapered tube on the blower focuses the power exactly where and how you want it.

Despite having a chord to deal with, it is an easy trade off as is very easy to use on any function.

As with all equipment, this can get knocked around and so far has stood up to the test.

QUALITY CONSTRUCTION,POWERFUL

from 801113621

Comments about Toro Leaf Blower:

I BOUGHT MY TORO LEAFBLOWER IN THE FALL TO HELP PICK UP LEAVES. IT HAS A LARGE INTAKE NOZZLE THAT SUCKS UP A LOT OF LEAVES QUICKLY AND GRINDS THEM INTO A FINE MULCH. THE ZIPPER ON THE COLLECTION BAG RUNS THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE BAG WHICH MAKES EMPTYING EASY. THE TORO LEAFBLOWER CAN BE CHANGED FROM VACUUMING TO BLOWING IN SECONDS. THE VACUUM'S NOZZLE IS REMOVED AND THE LEAF BLOWER NOZZLE  ATTACHES TO THIS END. THE VACUUM'S NOZZLE  IS REMOVED AND A COVER FOR THE MOTOR TWISTS INTO PLACE ON THIS END. BLOWING POWER IS MORE THAN SUFFICIENT. I HAVE TRIED CORDLESS MODLES IN THE PAST AND I NOW PREFER THE CORDED BLOWERS. THEY SEEM TO BE MORE POWERFUL AND I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT REPLACING POWER PACKS.

Very Relable with Easy useage

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Toro Leaf Blower:

I have been using black and decker for years and they are not up to par with my toro leaf blower and vacuum. It also mulches which to me is save our planet. Anything that makes my work easier is all I want and need. Kudos to Toro products.

I got the power!

from New Haven, CT

Comments about Toro Leaf Blower:

Not the best leaf blower (best meaning gas) but for the money I spent on it; it does the job. Much better than raking all my New England leaves. It has the power needed to blow the leaves. it is light enough for me (a small women) to handle. I blows my neighbor leaves BACK IN HER YARD :). Saves me from my annual leaf raking blisters! Good product for the money. If you are looking for a cheap leaf blower for smaller yards this is the one. Also good for cleaning up the sand from the winter on your driveway sidewalks and the street in front of your property.

Outstanding Performance

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Toro Leaf Blower:

I received this Toro blower as a gift almost two years ago. I have a smaller lawn that accumulates a lot of debris in the Fall time. It's absolutely perfect for a blower with a long extension cord. The blower itself is relavtively light and easy to carry around. I would say after 10-15 minutes of consistent use it may become somewhat heavy for some people. It has two levels of power: level I (adequate) and level II (will blow a 2 ton boulder across the street). I have a 2,500 sq ft lawn and it takes me no more than 10 minutes to blow EVERYTHING into one pile. The level II power is enough to even create a kickback if you're not paying close attention. I highly recommend the unit given its ability compared to price.

One powerful blower!

from Hickory, NC

Comments about Toro Leaf Blower:

I bought the Toro 51573 leaf blower for my husband for christmas and I have to say, this is one powerful blower! I picked this one because of it is light weight and very easy to use and I knew, at some point in time, I would be the one using it. My husband loves it and has used it quite a bit. I have managed to use it when he wasn't home and fell in love with it. I love the way it will blow the leaves out of the flower beds even under the bushes!It even blows the wet leaves too! I also found out how much blowing power it has when I blowed the cat down with it my mistake! The cat was'nt hurt but it sure knocked him right over! My mother is 80 yrs old and we bought one for her after kept borrowing ours. If she can use it, anyone can. Very very easy to use and does not make your back hurt like our other one did. If every thing was as easy to use as this blower is, yard work would be a breeze! This blower is the best christmas present I have bought for my husband in the twenty eight years we have been married.

great blower for price

from Hillsboro, OR

Comments about Toro Leaf Blower:

this toro electric blower is good and does it job and easy to use and easy to assemble when you first open from its package. it is especially useful in autumn when all the leaves are on your yard, and specially effective on driveways and your lawn, with wet leaves it may takes some time to blow it off from your lawn, but does remove leaves from the lawn, the only downside was the hose could have been wider to cover larger area in one go, it is easy to carry and the cord is long enough if u have short driveway (length of your car) and the footpath area. it definately blows off mulch so becareful not to lose your soil/mulch its bit too powerful for the mulch.so best use on wet mulch. i would recommend this item for any new home buyers wishing to buy a blower. it also doesnt take much space in ur garage.

I use my TORO 51573 for everything

from Ocean Shores, WA

Comments about Toro Leaf Blower:

I begged my Wife for a leaf blower on my birthday and she got me the TORO 51573. At first I thought it was a cheap looking blower and probably wouldn't work for the jobs I do. Boy was I wrong! Not only do I blow leaves, I blow sawdust from trees I fall, rocks from driveways I clean, limbs, debris and even clean between the cracks of bricks. I also use it to dry my gloves, dry my truck bed after washing it and dry other things so I don't have to use my Wife's kitchen towels. I work in general contracting and I can name so much more that I have used this blower for.

The best use was when my son refused to clean up his lincoln logs in his room and I threatened to blow them all away. He did not believe me until, yep, I went right in the house a blower blazin' and blew all his logs into one pile. He cleans his room up now with no problem!