3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

happy and sad all at the same time

When I first purchased this I figured it would be easier then shoveling which it is slightly. However that is the extent of it. A few sidewalks is all we have so I did not think there would be necessity for anything bigger then we got beaten up with over one hundred and twenty inches of snow last year and with that amount of snow this machine was actually more of a hassle then actual shoveling.

When you did not need this machine to clear out more than one or two inches it is not worth it. I actually got to a point where I had to shovel just to get the snow to a low enough level for this power shovel to actually work.

Handling
Again when the snow is manageable this is a wonderful machine if the snow gets above two inches however it does get to be difficult to handle.

I have to give this a neutral grade. Although it never did break down on me I also did not have enough time with it to really find out.

Very easy to use and very light weight. The starting system was easy enough for anyone to use.

Engine Power
I could not make it go through more than 3 inches of snow.

Toro Power Shovel does the job

Living in an outer borough of NYC, I purchased this for the winter in preparation for the snow storms because I no longer wanted to hand shovel my driveway every time the plows come through and block my driveway over and over.  Soon after I made this purchase a huge blizzard came through and I was able to try the power shovel for the first time.  What I found was that it does the job and it does it well.  It is electric powered so owners should have a long extension cord on hand.  I cleared an entire driveway fairly quickly and without straining my back like I would with a normal shovel.  While I loved that the power shovel does the job, it certainly does come with cons. The first thing is that this is definitely not a snow blower.  You have no choice of where to direct the snow nor do you have the ability to control the force of the snow being thrown.  It also does not have wheels so you will have to drag it and it is actually heavier than it looks.  Overall my impression of the power shovel is that it presents no problems in doing what its supposed to do but its not as convenient as I thought prior to making the purchase.

Small tool good for decks

Comments about Toro Power Shovel:

After three years of massive snowstorms my husband wanted something just to help with the snow removal. We bought the Toro Power Shovel because of it's low price but we really should have paid more for a real blower.

The Power Shovel is exactly that, a shovel sized snow mover. It is great for small areas like decks and steps, but if you have a large driveway, it isn't the most ideal. Still easier than shoveling 10 inches of wet snow, but you definitely need to go over areas more often than if you just use your back and shovel traditionally.

It is light enough that You can just push it through fluffy snow, but the heavier snow it can have some issues with. As a review for a Shovel it is fantastic, but not a replacement for a real snow plow if you live in snowy climates.

Sometimes you have to go over the same places more than once.

Not very hard to push.

With it's small size it makes it very easy to use.

happy and sad all at the same time

Engine Power
I could not make it go through more than 3 inches of snow.

Toro Power Shovel Ready Set Go

Comments about Toro Power Shovel:

This power shovel is always ready for the tough jobs that need to get done. I clear my walkway in a breeze. Almost 3 years with this product. Very satisfied.

Works hard to do the jobs that even the bigger machine does.

Handling
I find it to be easy to operate, and handle.

Strong, and sturdy, able to handle big jobs.

Very convenient, and simple to operate.

excellent motor power.

For small jobs

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about Toro Power Shovel:

This snowblower is okay when you have maybe three or four inches of snow. If you have much more than that, it's a real chore to push. So just keep in mind that it's meant for small jobs and spaces only. Don't expect to use it after a blizzard or to clear a huge driveway. It does best by far with powdery, light snow. If you have crusty snow or the wet, heavy variety, this machine struggles mightily and you are better off just using a shovel.

On the positive side, assembly is quick and easy. Also, if you have just that small amount of powdery snow, up to maybe four inches, you can use this blower to get rid of it swiftly and efficiently. It blows the snow a pretty impressive distance of 20 feet or more, in my experience, and is useful for clearing small areas fast.

• Engine Power:

Small, compact, lightweigt great for small spaces

Comments about Toro Power Shovel:

Its been years since I needed to worry about snow removal but this year we got more snow than expected, so we bought a snow blower to help save on the old back a bit. We have a small area so we were able to go electric and needed something lightweight and this one weighs about 13pds. Perfect!

I used it about a dozen times and it started up instantly every time. No problems getting started and finishing the job in one use.

Handling
It handles so easy because its so light weight.

So far, so go. I actually dropped it 3 times because it was so icy and it didn't crack or dint.

I love the features because they are simple settings with just the right choices for a small area with average snowfall.

Engine Power
I think most guys love power and so every tool could be more powerful but the engine power on this model does the job with ease.

Perfect for small jobs

Comments about Toro Power Shovel:

I love the Toro Power Shovel for small jobs. This is obviously not going to work for shoveling an entire driveway, or clearing out large areas, but for small sidewalks or to clear a few feet in front of a garage door, it works great! The engine is powerful enough to handle light snow, but I wouldn't recommend it for heavy/wet snow, or snow with ice on the top.

I think this is really a nice tool for someone who has hurt their back or shoulders, and cannot lift/toss snow off of their sidewalk. Some reviewers might see it as an "unnecessary" item, since the same small jobs could be done quickly with a shovel, but for someone who can't do the push/lift/toss, it is a great item!

Decent Snowblower for medium snowfalls

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about Toro Power Shovel:

This snow thrower is good for a medium sized sidewalk or driveway, any larger and I would recommend going for a larger snow blower instead. For it's size, this snow thrower is quite powerful. I've used it in snow as deep as 6 to 7 inches and it plows through fine. The main benefit I get out of this machine is plowing my deck! I have a large sized deck with no covering, so snow always comes down on it. Since this snow thrower is small enough, I can use it on my deck and the deck stairs. You will need an extension cord which can be a bit of a pain if the cord starts knocking over piles of snow or you may trip over it. With some practice I got the hang of it. The snow blows in one direction, so keep in mind of wind when using this. You don't want snow blowing into your face!

• Engine Power:

Light and Easy to Use, Quality Product.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Toro Power Shovel:

I needed a small snow blower that I could handle without it being too heavy or cumbersome. The Toro Power Shovel 38361 seemed like a good option and a good price. I am not thrilled that it is electric, but all the power snow shovels or small snow blowers that I could find were also electric. This power snow shovel is easy to use and very light weight. It’s small enough that I keep it right on my sunporch. I don’t use it to clean off the whole driveway but only the sidewalk and around my car. I picked this one also because I felt that Toro is a quality brand. I have not been disappointed with this shovel. It has handled more snow than I thought it could and handled it very easily.

Great for what I use it for but not sure how it would be using it on larger areas.

Handling
Light weight and easy to manuveur.

Quality product.

Very handy and easy to use.

Engine Power
Again - it's not made for the entire driveway but is powerful enough to get through even some medium drifts around my home.

Great for Small, Fluffy Snow

Comments about Toro Power Shovel:

My husband found a great after-Christmas deal on this snowblower. We do not get a lot of snow, but my husband was tired of shoveling what we do get. When we get snow, this is the perfect snowblower. It is easy to use and convenient. It is compact. It quickly and efficiently removes snow. It is perfect for light snowfall, especially when it is fluffy. Heavy, wet snow may still need shoveling, but his makes for easy cleaning of a driveway before work on snowy mornings. .

As a female, I am often hesitant to use products like this; however, this one is easy, light, compact and perfect for anyone. It would great for a single person with a small area to clear.

• Engine Power:

Great for light snow removal

from Fox River Grove, IL

Comments about Toro Power Shovel:

My Toro Power Shovel is one of the best purchases I've made in the past few years. It's so much easier to use than the full-sized snowblower, and it works great for clearing my sidewalk and the walkway. I have used it on my driveway, but only for light snows, less than 4". The only downside is that you have to have a long power cord, which can get in the way at times, and it's only good on paved surfaces, but it does clear the snow all the way down to the pavement.