Other Snowblowers:

Toro Power Clear 418 ZR Single-Stage Snow Blower

Pros

Cons

• Engine Power:

TORO 421 QE SNOWBLOWER EATS SNOW!

OK...HERE IN THE MIDWEST YOU CAN EXPECT SNOW. I BOUGHT THIS SNOW BLOWER USED AT 250 BUCKS AND THOUGHT THAT WAS PRICEY BUT LOOKING AT A NEW ONE LAST WEEK I HAVE A DEAL! I USED THIS A FEW TIMES THIS YEAR AND I WAS GRATEFUL ON HOW EASY IT IS TO USE! THE SNOW JUST FLOWED OUT OF THE TUNNEL LIKE WATER AND THE ELCETRIC START MAKES THIS SO EASY INSTEAD OF THE PULL LINE OTHERS HAVE! A BACK SAVER! I DO LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU DO NOT NEED PRE MIXED OIL AND GAS. THIS IS VERY EASY TO PUSH THROUGH THE SNOW AND YOU CAN DICTATE WHERE YOU WANT THE SNOW TO LAND. IT IS ALMOST LIKE PUSHING A SELF PROPELLED LAWN MOWER! THIS SNOW BLOWER SEEMS VERY STURDY AND TUFF. THE RED COLOR IS NICE AND THE CONTROLS ARE VERY EASY TO GET TO W/OUT TWISTING OR BENDING TOO HARD OR TOO MUCH. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH THAT I EVEN SNOW BLOWED MY NEIGHBORS DRIVE WAY AND MADE A WALK WAY TO THE MAIL BOX. THE GAS LASTED QUITE A LONG TIME AND WAS EASY TO JUST POUR SOME MORE IN AND GO! SO MOTHER NATURE..BRING ON THE SNOW BECAUSE I AM READY FOR EVERYTHING YOU GOT TO THROW...OR FALL!!

very light snowblower

This snow blower is very light in weight. Movement  is easy to turn and back and forth.

Handles snow fairly well for the weight of the equipment. To little  snow has a tendencey to pick uop rocks.  The gasoline tank might be a little small.  Last about a medium drive way and a large walk-way.  Turning the blower can be a little tireing,because you have  to rotate it.  The handle is light to turn the blower so you can rotate it easly.

The snowblower is a very helpful for residual work , especial for a lady and a small teenager.

I think it could use  positioned handles to lift the smowblower. Where the handles are and maybe the front hood.  The prime pump , when cold takes about 6 pumps to start. Manual tells us too prime it twice but in my experience it took six .  When I prime it SIX times it started right away.   I think  that for the price of the snowblower and the light weight  can make a homeower very happy with this product.

Good Light Duty Snowblower

Comments about Toro Power Clear 418 ZR Single-Stage Snow Blower:

This is a simple, easy to use machine. It has electric start (plug-in extension cord to unit and push button). 4 stroke engine (dont add oil to gas) Fairly wide (18") and good throwing power.
I actually dont use the electric start feature as it easily pull starts even when cold. It has a removable, reusable air filter. When one purchases new, they supply an 8oz bottle of 5W30 motor oil to put in. You must do this before using the unit or you will burn the engine out! It is easy to use, however not very manuverable, due to small wheels. It wants to skid and pull on icy paths or deep snow. Not great in snow more than 1 foot deep. The hood on the thrower boom easily pops off, and is difficult to replace. The angle changer is nice and stays put. It is easy on gas, I used it over 4 hrs w/o having to refuel! It's good unit if one does not have a lot of area to clear or doesnt get a lot of snow. Ive given this unit a workout this winter! If u use electric start, make sure u unplug the extension cord after unit starts! I dont recommend keeping plugged in while in use!

Does a good job of clearing snow, as long as its not deep!

Handling
Hard to handle in deep snow and icy conditions, wants to skid and pulls to one side. Small wheels, Toro could put bigger wheels on this unit and it would be a ten all the way!

Seems rugged, doesnt bog down too easy.

Easy to start, maintain, not easy to manuver. Easy to add/change oil, get at spark plug, pull start handle, plugin starter. Has key so no one can use it w/o. Easy to clean.

Engine Power
Great in most conditions!

Toro Snow Thrower

Comments about Toro Power Clear 418 ZR Single-Stage Snow Blower:

Had a Honda snow thrower that was constantly in need of work to keep it going. Finally got tired of it and when I looked for a replacement I found this one by Toro. Really happy that I did. I've changed the oil and cleaned the spark plug each season and haven't had any problems. Highly recommend this product.

Good Product

Comments about Toro Power Clear 418 ZR Single-Stage Snow Blower:

Easy to use and does a good job

Does a good job and can be used easily by a small person.

Our first toro is still running like a top - we expect this one to as well.

Engine Power
Good enough to clear 12 inches easily.

• Engine Power:

This is quite a wonderful snow blower!

Comments about Toro Power Clear 418 ZR Single-Stage Snow Blower:

Toro snow blowers are pretty durable, and I think this one, which I bought quite recently, will definitely last a very long time. I have not had a Toro before but a couple of my neighbors do, and they have been using their Toro snowblowers for almost a decade. So, I am pretty satisfied with my purchase. The snowblower so far has worked very well in all the snows we have had so far this winter. There have not yet been any blizzards or crazy large snows so I do not know how this particular snow blower will work in heavy snow. It has definitely worked very well in the snows that we have had this year! It's also very easy to push, so that's another plus. i would definitely suggest everyone buy this one.

• Engine Power:

This was perfect for us for the size of our drive and walkway

Comments about Toro Power Clear 418 ZR Single-Stage Snow Blower:

I purchased this snow blower shortly after I moved into a house that I was going to need to take care of the snow myself, I have a very small driveway and walkway and needed something just the right size. We haven't really had our "major" storm yet but for the seven inches we did get this snow blower did the job well, it didn't get bogged down when it was a bit icy and it was easy enough to use that my seven year old was able to use it to blow snow to make a snow fort for himself. And it was perfect for the walkway, not once did I have to shut it down to unclog it, I'm sure once we do get a big snow it will perform just as well.

• Engine Power:

TORO 421 QE SNOWBLOWER EATS SNOW!

from Mishawaka, IN

Comments about Toro Power Clear 418 ZR Single-Stage Snow Blower:

Second Toro in 15 Years!!

from Milford, MI

Comments about Toro Power Clear 418 ZR Single-Stage Snow Blower:

We purchased this Toro to replace a Toro we had had for fifteen years. Our original Toro snow blower was smaller than this one but did a good job with our small drive and sidewalk. We purchased the Toro Power Clear at the beginning of this season (2010-2011) and have been very pleased with its performance. It struggled somewhat with the larger 10-12 inch snows that we received this year but did a good job if you went slowly and did not let the machine get bogged down. I find it very easy to use and feel that my 11 year old will be able to use it just as easily when he starts doing the snow blowing!!

Toro Power Clear Wish I had the Electric Start

from East Brunswick, NJ

Comments about Toro Power Clear 418 ZR Single-Stage Snow Blower:

I have the smilar one only difference is the electric start, seriously i wish i purchased the electric start. The pull cord is difficult if it don't start on the first couple of pulls, I notice that if the choke isn't correct you can really injure your shoulder pulling this thing. Once it starts it can clear out snow all the way to the pavement  with ease. It is a great product so i could only imagine the electric makes this even better.

This snow blower clogs easily

from West Jordan, UT

Comments about Toro Power Clear 418 ZR Single-Stage Snow Blower:

This snow blower does fine on light jobs. It has difficulty when the snow is wet or the chute is pointed any direction but streight. The chute constantly clogs and must be cleared. The other thing I dislike is the snow that is thrown is sent is a "cloud" which can be caught by a soft breeze and some snow can be thrown back in your face.

I'd suggest, pay some extra money for a better chute.

Great little snow blower

from Wichita, KS

Comments about Toro Power Clear 418 ZR Single-Stage Snow Blower:

I have a 3 car wide driveway and it will clear up to a 4 or 5 inch snow with ease. Deeper than that you may have to make 2 passes.. The electric start is a great option. Starts easy with the pull starter also. Own a automotive repair shop and use it to clean the parking lot which is quite large. Would recommend it to anyone with a regular size driveway. Directional chute is very easy to operate.