Other Flat Irons:

Tool Science Hair Straightener

A great straightener.

from florida, USA

Comments about Tool Science Hair Straightener:

Overall, I loved this straightener. I found the Tool Science brand to be cheaper than other brands, but just as good. It heated up quickly and my hair never got pulled or stuck in the plates. With this straightener, I was able to both straighten my hair and curl it. It was easy to use and had a long cord, which I loved (some are too short). It is not, however, very durable when dropped.

The Tool Science straightener is very effective. Every time I straightened my hair, this straightener did it quickly and effectively. I have very curly hair, but this straightener made it straight after only a couple passes on each section.

I try to treat all my things with care, but sometimes they do fall. This straightener fell off my counter twice and broke. I had it for 2 years without issue, but it falls and breaks. I have had other straighteners that fall and do not have an issue. I was a little disappointed at the fragility of this one.

Gets it straight!

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Tool Science Hair Straightener:

I have long, thick, naturally wavy hair that can be fairly difficult for me to control and shape, without a dent or wave without using my straightener. I purchased this iron to straighten and style my hair and have had good luck with it. I love the color, and the ease of use. I have the hairdryer too, as it was a deal from Sally Beauty last holiday season. It has held up well, and I have accidentally dropped it a handful of times.
This iron will get the job done if you keep your movement fluid with very few pauses during use. It heats up quickly and makes the job "easy", but takes awhile to cool down.

However, I've burned my hands a few time since I bought it because of the high temps, and I rarely go above 375. The settings are 300, 340, 375, 410, and 450, so it gets HOT!

If you're purchasing this iron, you'll be very pleased but use caution, as with any heat-styling item, because it's size and high temperatures make it easy to burn your hands or your head.

Tool Science has exceded my expectations.

from Marshall, MO

Comments about Tool Science Hair Straightener:

I have extremely thick hair and with the Tool Science straigtener I have no problem taming my hair. My mother uses a Chi and I bought the Tool Science because it is comparable to the Chi and about half the price. I would say now that my TS is ten times better than the Chi. It does not leave my hair frizzy. Makes my hair exceptionally smooth and shinny.