3.6
Tony Little
Tony Little Gazelle

Tony Little Gazelle

3.6

Pros

• Easy to use (3)

Cons

• Noisy (3)

• General fitness (3)
  • Low impact exercise (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual/ recreational (3)
    • No (4)

20 minutes 3 X a week to a great set of legs

The Gazelle is by far the only exercise equipment I have ever bought and used for more than a month. I used it at least 3 times a week for only 20 minutes and my legs and butt were in awesome shape within 6 months. I love it because it is quiet and easy to use! I used it and could talk on the phone, read books and watch television at the same time. There is no learning really. You just step on the pedals and move your legs back and forth while you move your arms with the handles at the same time. It really only helped me with lower body though. And It is heavy. But once you are in shape that should not be a problem!

Good idea but the squeak could drive you crazy.

The Tony Little Gazelle is a fair-quality elliptical trainer. The digital piece shows time, amount travelled, and calories burned. The unit easily folds for storage but is still a bit large so an ample-sized space needs to be available. Use is easy and a nice alternative when jogging is impractical or undesirable. The drawback with the Tony Little Gazelle is that it sqeaks loudly when being used. At first, it was quiet; but, after only a small amount of use, the noise started. Neither machine oil nor white lithium grease was able to solve the problem. The oil was too thin for the sqeaky load-bearing joints and the grease was too thick to get where it needed to be.

I would NOT buy this product again....here's why

from greater Charlotte NC area

About Me Casual/ Recreational

Pros

• It sounded like a pretty good deal on TV

Cons

• Noisy

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle:

My wife and I were both very excited to buy the Tony Little Power Plus Gazelle when we saw it advertised on HSN. After we received and assembled it, we noticed that the handle bar wire was cut and didn't reach the workout computer plus several DVDs did not work at all. We contacted Gazelle, as instructed, and they remedied these issues by sending us with replacement parts.
After we both had been doing the workout routines for about a month, we noticed this loud, grinding, vibrating and ticking noise coming from the spot where the cables are connected to the pedals; this was followed by a loud squeaking sound throughout the entire time of the workouts. We researched this noise issue online and read many negative reviews that stated the same problems. We called HSN who referred us to Gazelle; we contacted them again and they told us they knew nothing about such a noise/grind issue and had no solution to offer. That was discouraging.
The noise issue got so loud and disturbing that we had to almost stop working out entirely. We never got to do what we meant to do and what the machine and Tony Little stated it is designed to do—to work out more and in a better, smooth fashion. The problem is one of assembly and defective manufacturing and there is nothing we can do. Our money cleared, the product completely failed us.

• Was this a gift?:

wanted to love it ... could not.

from SC

About Me Gym Rat

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Noisy

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle:

I really wanted to love this machine. I believed in Tony Little's word and watched several HSN presentations until I went for it. I think it WOULD do what it promises IF it had not soon started making a horribly grunting noise under the pedals that translated into an actual strong vibration; additional squeaks come and go, at a loud noise level. All this translates into the OPPOSITE desired effect: instead of a silent, gliding, smooth ride which motivates you to workout longer and harder, the grating, stressful noises created around the cable connections (something you cannot access), the pedals and the orange wheels is jarring, annoying and totally counterproductive. Phone calls to the company have resulted in zero--while they will speak with us, no problem, they claim they have not heard of this problem and have no suggestions to offer how to fix it. We now workout less than ever, have more stress than before, and feel duped on top of that.

• Was this a gift?:

No I would not buy another one.

from Conneautville pa

About Me Casual/ Recreational

Pros

• Easy To Store
  • Easy To Use

Cons

• Noisy

• Weight Loss

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle:

3rd one I have bought and within a week it is either squeaking or a grinding sound.

Great workout equipment!

from Florida

About Me Casual/ Recreational

Pros

• Easy To Store
  • Easy To Use
  • Operates Smoothly
  • Quiet
  • Sturdy Base

• Weight Loss

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle:

I have had my Gazelle for a few years now and have to admit that it probably gets more use than any other piece of workout or fitness equipment that I own.
    I was skeptical at first when I saw the commercials for the Gazelle, it looked a little gimmicky. But after a couple weeks of thinking about it I did end up buying it.

And, boy am I glad that I did. The Gazelle has more than paid for itself over and over again. Out of the packaging it was super easy and quick to put together. Even by myself. I had it out and put together and was working out on it soon after I had gotten it.

One of my favorite things about my Gazelle is that it isn't a super fancy machine. There isn't a bunch of stuff that will confuse you , its a straight forward piece of exercise equipment.

It's easy to exercise at your own pace with this machine, there's some Tony Little videos but I actually prefer just working out on my Gazelle to music or a movie.

As far as exercise equipment goes, its not nearly as expensive as other ones that I've seen or have looked at- and even though there's a little bit of a price tag attached its well worth it.

Not durable enough

from Davie, FL

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle:

I loved the Gazelle up until it broke while I was using it. I may consider buying another one because I truly loved the easy and fun workout it provided.

The performance of the Tony Little Gazelle was perfect up until it just broke into pieces on me as I was working out. I used to really enjoy working out on this machine. It was actually a lot of fun.

Comfort
    I probably would not describe this workout machine as comfortable, but I also would not describe it as uncomfortable.

Before my Gazelle broke, I would use it on a daily basis. It was so simple to use, and it was very self explanatory. This machine is definitely for beginners.

I owned this for just under seven months before it just broke into pieces while I was using it. I am still unsure of how it happened, but I know it was not my fault.

There is obviously something wrong with the design of the Gazelle considering the fact that it broke while I was in the middle of using it.

A lot of fun!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle:

When I first saw that my husband had ordered this for my off of the tv for my birthday, I thought that it was going to be worthless and that I would end up sending it back. When we received it and had it all put together I jumped on to give it a try. This is so easy to use and the fact that your arms and legs move opposite each other makes you have a lot of forward momentum and makes it so easy to keep doing this for a long time without feeling like you are going to die from overwork and exhaustion. This is so small and folds up so that it is an even smaller size than before, making it so easy to be able to store this anywhere in your house, even a small closet, it really takes up barely any room. I have found that this is my favorite workout to fit in when I am low on time, it only takes a minute to set everything up and then I can go on it really fast for a few minutes while I am watching tv or talking to my kids. It makes fitting in a good quality workout that really gets my heart pumping easy and so convenient.

Easy to store

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle:

Overall tony little gazelle elliptical machine is great to use. I like that this particular elliptical does not take up too much space and it's really easy to move. In my home I have a small gym. This peice of equiptment was there for a long time. It's very easy to use. I also like that it always gave me a great workout. I didn't like that it does not keep track of the calories you burn or the distance you run. If that's not important to you this is a good elliptical for you. It is also really affordable.

Great performance. I wish the resistance settings were better.

Comfortable to use.

This is by far the easiest elliptical to use.

At times I did question the durability of this machine. It was not very sturdy.

Compact and convenient design.i like that it was not to heavy to move by yourself. If I wanted to move this particular price of equiptment to another room, I easily could.

Totally Trimming

from Penacook, NH

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle:

This is the best low impact machine out there. Saves your shins and feet from impact injuries. Gives you a complete full body work out. Allows you to adjust resistance to increase your workout.

Needs no maintenance and always performs at the same rate. Allows for a great cardio workout. The best machine if you want to improve your life, this is it. If you want a one machine work out this is it.

Comfort
    Very comfortable to use. Easy to get onto. Glides smoothly for extremely low impact.

Very Easy to use and not too much trouble to manipulate. It is light weight and easy to set us and use. Assembly is equally easy, not too much to it. It is easy to adjust resistance.

Very strong and durable design. Study and takes a beating and keeps on going. Have used mine for over 20 years.

Great design. The best out there for an every day low impact workout. It is very durable and light weight. It looks attractive enough.

The Best Money I've Ever Spent On Exercise Equipment

from Chatsworth, GA

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle:

The Tony Little Gazelle has been the best piece of exercise equipment I've ever bought. No letting a piece of equipment sit in a corner and gather dust after trying it out a couple of times! I use it all the time.

The gazelle works smoothly and quietly, and I can tell I've had a workout afterward.

Comfort
    The foot treads and handle grips are non-slip. The electronic readout has large characters and is at a comfortable height to allow you to easily read it.

Couldn't be easier to use. It took me less than a minute to comfortably establish a rhythm and the right length of stride for me.

The battery which operates the electronic readout seemed to deteriorate quickly and it was a bit difficult to replace, but otherwise the Gazelle is very durable. Mine has now lasted for five years, with lots of use!

Very well designed for comfort and ease of use. I could not have asked for a better piece of equipment.

I love my gazelle

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle:

I love my gazelle. I got it for free from a friend which was even better. She was getting rid of it because the digital box was cracking but it still works. It keeps track of calories burned, mileage, time, and your speed.

I think it works great.

Comfort
    It does work good and its a good workout but if you do not keep your feet flat on the foot pads, if you kind of bounce while you're doing it, it will put some strain on your knees.

So easy. Just hop on and start your workout. To keep track of calories, mileage, and time you just hit the button on the digital box and it will show you your statistics.

It is very sturdy considering it has been through two owners. The digital box did start to crack but since I have had it the damage has not gotten any worse and the digital stuff still works.

The design looks kind of funky but it all works out. It can fold up for storage so that is a nice feature. Mine is out in the basement on the border of my kid's play area so I can leave it out for the most part but I do fold it up when we have company.