3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:

The Way to Glide Easily to Pump Up Your Heart.

The first time I saw Tony Little‘s Gazelle Freestyle Elite was at my mom’s condo’s fitness room

**To the Point**
Read complete review

**To the Point**

I liked this machine a lot more than I thought it would. I think this machine is best for the person who does not do and doesn’t want to do intense cardio vascular conditioning. If you do you will be disappointed. You will find the Gazelle Elite much too easy. If you are a novice, please be careful getting on and off. This machine will be a great way for you to work your upper body and get some strength and flexibility in your lower body as well. It is also great for those who find the treadmill hurts their feet or bikes hurt their knees. The Gazelle is one of the easiest machines on joints that I have encountered.

**A Closer View**

The machine is advertised as one that “burns more calories and tones more body muscle." More calories and tones more body muscle than what?? The claim that there is virtually zero impact is accurate. It was sturdy although its looks are a bit deceiving. The fact that it is lightweight is helpful because it folds and can then be moved. The machine weighs 61 pounds. It measures 38 inches long by 36 inches wide by 55.5 inches high. It really takes up very little space considering it is a cardio vascular machine. The maximum user weight is 350 pounds. I would say this number really pushes the limit. The frame does not feel strong enough to handle that kind of weight day after day but that is what Fitness Quest, the parent company tells us. The handles each have a built in heart rate monitor. As I glide and what that means is that one leg moves in front while the other one goes in back and then vice versa I can hold onto the handles which move also. The pedals move freely in the air connected by a thin cable. There is a small easy to read console that displays distance, speed, time, calories used and heart rate. You will receive videos with this piece of equipment. It will be helpful to watch them to see how the resistance works. The Gazelle Elite has what are called Power Pistons. There are two pistons which are long metal type units. The concept is quite simple. There are three holes in the unit. A small piece which is attached to the unit is put into one of three holes. After it is in the hole a pin hooks around this piece keeping it in place. Each hole controls the unit’s resistance. One problem with these pistons and the moving of the resistance is that you have to not only get off the machine to change the resistance you have to get on the floor in order to put the piece that juts out into the hole. It only takes about 10 seconds per piston to change the resistance but some may think this a pain to do. There are three levels. One is for the beginner. This one is really easy. It feels as if there is no resistance. You will just be gliding. You will get some hip flexor movement which is good but as far as getting a cardio vascular workout you will not. However if you do not do any walking or any kind of exercise just moving your legs and your arms at the same time will be better than nothing. If you want to just work your legs, hold onto the bar on the machine and you can let go of the moving arms. The middle hole is considered intermediate. I felt a bit of a resistance on that level. For me it was still too easy but I am writing this for you. If you fall into the above category you will be able to work up to this level in a couple of weeks without any problem. The third is considered advanced. This machine comes with a 60-day money back guarantee and has a one-year warranty. Please note, talk with you doctor before starting an exercise program especially if you have any medical conditions, are a man over 40 or a woman over 50. Remember that nutrition is 90% of the work so if you follow the nutrition guide and do some weight bearing exercises you will be sure to feel healthier and lose weight if that is your goal. **Jo’s Viewpoint**

**I like it!**

Unwiedly but great for a beginner

It's all right if you are steady on your feet, but if you are not steady it can feel a little unwieldy. So you have to be careful on this particular elipitical machine. A little bracing would probably make it just right.

It does what it says it will do and you do get a work-out on it but it is rather unwieldy is the only thing that I noticed about it. It is good for a beginner and it really does help you build muscle tone in an easy to work way. I like the way that it works to help tone me up.

Comfort
It's not real comfortable to work out on. It can be hard to work although it does work your arms and legs, it is rather uncomfortable. It's like skiing, you always have to know where your feet are. I like the way my arms move with it as I really feel like it's working my arms. I like the way it moves my legs and make it move so well.

Although it's easy to use, you just jump on and start, it feels loose in some ways. You have to make sure you have good balance but once you get going it really works good. I lost quite a bit of weight using this machine but like I said you have to stay balance on it. Once you get into a rhythm you can stay focused and really make it work for you. I would not suggest it for an older person who has trouble with balance already. that's the only thing that I would worry about.

Definitely holds up under all kinds of extremes so I'd say it's durability is very good. Good for an overweight person as long as they were not too large. It's a good durable machine but not for an overly large person.

It needs bracing or something on the side so that you don't feel like you are falling off of it all the time. Once you get into the flow of this machine you can really fly although trying to get off you have to really slow down.

For beginners only

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle Elite:

I received the Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle Elite as a replacement for the original Gazelle. I set up this device in a a matter of minutes. The instructions were simple, but I just used the picture on the box to assemble the machine. After putting this device together I automatically noticed that this machine was much sturdier than the original. I jumped on the machine to test it out and I encountered the same resistance issues I did with the original. The resistance of the bands didn't feel strong enough for me to get a decent workout. I tried to adjust the resistance, but nothing changed. I did enjoy the motion of the Gazelle. The back and forth motion warmed up my posterior chain for squats. The only other good thing about this device is that it doesn't take up a lot of space. I was able to fold this device up and put it in the corner. I tried to put it under my bed, which has a 6.5 inch clearance, but it wasn't high enough. I definitely wouldn't recommend this product.

Not good

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle Elite:

I had bought this elliptical after one of my co-workers recommended it, who explained it was one of the best ellipticals on the market. With how much it costed, on sale even, I thought it was a no-brainer to purchase it. One of my biggest 'regretted' purchases of my life.

It was a glorified laundry hanger. It worked very well, but it many flaws, including one fatal flaw: it squeaks.

Very performant. It works very well, it's nice and smooth, and it's without a doubt my favourite elliptical of all time.

Comfort
Average. I've used my fair share of ellipiticals, and this one just didn't cut it. Everything was placed just... off. It was never just right, I could never get 'in the mood' and exercise without a single thought on my mind. I always had to feel the discomfort in my wrists. It wasn't pleasant.

Not really complicated to use an elliptical. Walk on the steps, then start exercising!

It's impossible to grease it. After a few months of use, there was a little squeaking. Nothing noticeable. A few months later... it was getting louder and louder. Greasing wasn't an option, you couldn't disassemble it and grease it to remove the squeaking.

Just terrible.

Gazelle Freestyle Elite

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle Elite:

I have been using the Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle Elite since June 2011. I wanted to get into shape and feel better about myself. I wanted to loss weight and inches. So far, I have lost 20 pounds and went from a size 11 to a 9. I love skiing, and the Gazelle has very similar moments to it. You can go at tour own speed as you see fit. I work out about 20 to 30 minutes a day, and I feel so good afterwards. The only reasons I didn't give the Gazelle a perfect 20 is because it's large size. It takes up a lot of room. It also makes squeaking noises after a few uses. Applying oil can get rid of that problem. I love that the Gazelle keeps track of your calorie add burned, distance ran , and calories burned. It works your whole body too. Especially the legs and arms. There isn't much resistance, so you really need to workout for longer periods of time. I would recommend this product for anyone who can't make it to the gym.

great exercise machine

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle Elite:

I love the Tony Little Gazelle. I exercise on it often. I can easily workout while I'm watching television. The best part is that it folds up for pretty easy storage. The only reason I gave it a 9 is because it is definitely not lightweight. It is bulky and cumbersome when you try to fold it up for storage. However, being able to exercise with low impact is especially helpful for me due to my fibromyalgia. I love to go the gym to workout on the elliptical, but it's hard to get to the gym everyday. Also, elliptical are more pricey and take up much more space. The Gazelle is easy to use and makes working out less tedious and boring!

I gave the Gazelle a ten because it has excellent performance. I burn so many more calories on the Gazelle than other exercise and in less time too.

Comfort
The Gazelle is comfortable to use, but it makes a lot of noise and will move if you try to go too fast.

Very easy to use!

Low Impact

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle Elite:

I was looking for an elliptical machine that was low impact and wouldn't make my joints hurt because I was extremely out of shape. The Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle Elite got me motivated and back on track. When I first started using this elliptical machine I was 175 pounds and felt sluggish and tired all the time. After only 6 months, I am now 140 pounds and feel alive again. I have so much energy and look forward to working out on this machine every chance I get. It took me about a week to get used to the "freestyle" aspect of the machine. It takes more strength to move the bars back and forth on my own than it would on a regular elliptical machine. But once I got used to it, I was glad I didn't give up.

It is a low-impact elliptical machine. If you are a fitness expert, this machine is not for you. I think it is for beginners or people who are out of shape. This machine is a great way to build up your strength and get back into shape.

Comfort
I was sore in the beginning because it had been so long since I worked out. But that quickly passed. I was able to work my way up from 10 minutes of exercise a day to 30 minutes a day in just one month's time.

Unwiedly but great for a beginner

from Canby, CA

• Comfort:

The elite glider helps me stay fit even with back problems

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle Elite:

I really love the tony little gazelle glider elite for various reasons. The first being I had scoliosis surgery done when I was younger and ten years later I am having some other spinal conditions. I obviously can't do running or crunches or lifting weights, but with this machine, I feel like I am feeling healthier, stronger, and better without it causing me pain. It gives you strength all over your body and it is extremely quiet. It doesn't require a lot of effort to get a nice workout. It is very compact which is great for moving it around and overall I think it is a great way to get yourself in shape, but with a low impact so it can be for anyone, including beginners. I love the design also. I am very comfortable on this machine and have read some complaints about the footpads. I don't understand why because in my opinion is it extremely simple to operate and has a nice grip and unlike a treadmill, you control how fast you want to go without overdoing it. I would recommend it.

Three levels of difficulty

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle Elite:

The machine has three adjustable levels. Mine is set to the middle, and the hardest is nearly impossible to keep up on aerobically. My guess is most reviewers are not aware they can adjust how difficult it is to swing. I have had mine (and been using it) for over seven years. ~Read your paperwork, guys. You adjust it near the feet.

Comfort
It was designed for people who have bad knees (no bending and unbending) and are recovering from surgeries and the like. Comfort level is high.

I have owned mine for well over seven years. The only problem I have had with it is that someone stepped on it once and grabbed the calorie counter instead of the handles, and it immediately swiveled and broke.... I paid to fix it, and the next day I was showing someone how great it was, and they immediately did the same thing and broke it. I just left it broken after that. The rest of the machine held up in spite of the extreme use.

Has three settings of difficulty, folds up to fit under a bed, and except for the calorie counter is extremely durable.

Gazelle.... Low Impact, High Results

from Livin' on the edge of the world, FL

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle Elite:

The Gazelle offers a whole body workout with Impact/Resistance that you control.
I prefer to have music or the TV on while I Gazelle, so I am not paying attention to the time and stay on longer.

The gazelle offers both an aerobic workout and resistance training at the same time. It strengthens your muscles, builds your cardiovascular system, & burns those unwanted calories all by just gliding back and forth.

Comfort
This is a stand on machine with no seating, but for me and my husband it's comfortable enough to use regularly.

This machine is very easy to use. You stand on the non-skid foot platforms and hold onto the foam covered handlebars and use your legs and arms together to start gliding back and forth. You control the resistance and speed at all times. Be sure to always hold onto the unit when getting on and off the machine as well.

We have owned the Gazelle for at least 5/6 yrs now and thru several moves, it has shown to be very durable thru those moves as well as stand up to both of us using it

The Gazelle has a small, easy-to-use computer (battery operated) that is tracking your speed, distance, time and approximate calories burned while you're gliding away.
And don't worry about the Gazelle sitting in your living room taking up space everyday..... because it folds quickly for easy storage. Can go into a closet or under your bed.... or wherever you'd like it.

• Comfort:

Decent product. Helps break a sweat

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle Elite:

This is a decent piece of exercise equiptment to get started getting back to into shape or breaking a sweat without going outside. I am a former athlete who kinda let himself go, so the idea when buying this was to burn some calories and maybe drop a few lbs in a short amount of time without spending a ton of money. the lack of impact due to bad knees and the hatred of running made this a nice option. I also wanted something that didn't take up a bunch of space. This was a good product for these purposes. The clock and calorie counter are fine. The heart rate monitor seemed a bit iffy, but not a big deal.

After I dropped a few and got my wind back, it wasn't very challenging. It felt a bit unstable when i tried to push the pace and get more of a workout.This experience may vary, as everyones fitness level will not be the same. There isn't much resistence. I also noticed more soreness than i anticipated. Like other users, the squeaking of the machine is annoying, but not necessarily a dealbreaker.

It's simple and adequate for a quick way of trying to get back into shape. Wouldn't recommend for a serious athlete. It is limited, but i didn't expect it to be the same as a health club elliptical.

Good piece of equipment for someone who is starting to try to get back into shape.

Comfort
The gazelle is good for the those who need a low impact workout.

Incredibly easy to use. Doesn't take long to set up and take down. Doesn't take up much space and is fairly easy to store out of site.

The gazelle seems sturdy initially. However, I experienced an annoying squeaking noise after a couple of months of use. The fact that there is no resistance made me feel a bit unstable.

Design is ok. It is a very simple elliptical machine that is straightforward and easy to use. This isn't for advanced athletes. I also felt incredible sore after use at times. Part of the design flaw is that there is no way to adjust things like height or stride with the machine.