Other Toothpastes:
Tom's of Maine
Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste

Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste

Cons

Tom's of Main - best toothpaste out there!

Tom's of Maine is the best toothpaste out there! I absolutely and completely love it. Unlike other, perhaps more "mainstream" brands of toothpaste, Tom's of Maine has a very unique, fresh taste. Instead of tasting like artificial peppermint - it tastes almost like real peppermint. This makes the process of brushing my teeth not only more enjoyable but slightly tasty!

The only slightly negative thing I can say about it, is that when it comes out of the tube - it does look a bit thicker than mainstream toothpastes and may look a bit more "pasty". But, please, don't let that discourage you! Once you start brushing your teeth, you will notice that the "pasty" look does not translate to how to feels. Tom's of Maine is as smooth as any other toothpaste, probably with a lot less artificial colors and flavoring.

Altogether, Tom's of Maine is a great, delicious toothpaste. It leaves a clean, fresh, and wonderful feeling in your mouth (as a good toothpaste should!) all the while reassuring its consumer that the product that they are using is as natural as it gets. Even though the price of Tom's of Maine is slightly more than the average toothpaste, I cannot help but feel that the price is worth it. I have yet to find a toothpaste that I enjoy as much as Tom's of Maine and until I do - I intend to stick by this brand.

Adequate Not Great

I'm a big fan of natural things, including the toothpaste I use in my mouth. I will say I am not into all the hype about flouride being bad for you only because untill you swallow the stuff in big amounts (more of a concern for toddlers I think), you are pretty safe using it to brush your teeth. That said, I still don't want to expose myself to chemicals unnecessarily and was pretty open to trying this toothpaste and when it went on sale and I had a coupon, picked myself up some right away. Been using it for about three weeks now and I have to say I have seen a big difference in how my teeth look. They are not as white as they are when I use regular whitening toothpastes. Also, I notice I sometimes have to brush my teeth twice, especially in the morning, to get that "fresh mouth" feeling. And, it seems like my mouth does not stay as fresh. I feel like I need to brush my teeth a couple hours later. Perhaps this toothpaste is alright for anybody who want to brush every time they eat something, but for me, I am too busy to brush more than twice a day - perhaps once more if I am going out someplace special. In between, I still want to feel like I have a clean mouth, fresh breath. This toothpaste just can't pull that off AND keep my teeth looking white.

Love Tom's of Maine wicked fresh toothpaste!

from Huntington Beach, CA

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste:

Tom's of Maine toothpastes are amazing. I started using Tom's toothpaste via a coworker! She said it had no sugars and was the best toothpaste she had ever used. So of course I had to try it. I loved it and so did my husband! That was 1998 and we are still using this product! We love it! When our son was with teeth, we started him on Tom's children's strawberry toothpaste and now he's 9 and still using Tom's. We will always be a family of Tom's of Maine product's, for sure!

Love all Tom's products

from Charlottesville, VA

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste:

Whether you're looking for deodorant, mouthwash or toothpaste, I think Tom's is always a great way to go. I like a company that really CARES what chemicals you're putting in your mouth (and your gums/sublingual area are a prime absorption spot - aka. you are getting many of those chemicals into your bloodstream). Tom's has great options as far as flouride or flouride-free, as well. That decision, I think, is up to you and your dentist. We personally have plenty of flouride in the water, so I feel comfortable using a flouride free toothpaste. This toothpaste leaves your teeth feeling smooth and fresh and doesn't have a nasty, weird mint aftertaste... it's just refreshing. It's competitively priced with other toothpastes (particularly the natural ones) and Tom's is a quality company that prides itself on responsible products and customer satisfaction. Over the last year we've switched many of our chemical based products to natural ones in our home, and Tom's is one of our main trusted sources.

Organic but taste is less to be desired

from Taneytown, MD

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste:

Though I am not a huge organic living person I decided to try out the Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste. I had heard pretty good things about it and decided that it was worth a try. I found it at the local drug store and bought the smaller tube in case I didn't like it, and thankfully I did! When I used this product I have to say that the taste was just...gross. Maybe because I am used to the taste of other toothpastes but Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste really just tasted too bland for me. The toothpaste itself is thicker than normal toothpaste which was also a turn off and the texture is just not the same. I guess because it is organic I can't expect it to exactly mimic what Colgate or Aquafresh offers.

I think that Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste is a good organic product but I wouldn't buy it again and I definitely wouldn't choose it over my normal toothpaste. The taste and texture alone was enough to make me say yuck. I also found that I needed to use more to get that clean feeling I want.

Not as good as other Tom's toothpastes

from Everett, WA

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste:

Tom's of Maine's new Wicked Fresh toothpaste seems to be a gimmick aimed at getting more attention for the whole Tom's brand, which does not have a very trendy image. Unfortunately, it's probably drawing the wrong kind and giving a bad impression of an otherwise quality product lineup. Although it does freshen well, it does not clean teeth as efficiently as other Tom's toothpastes. Additionally, the freshness does not last as long as I'd prefer and leaves a weird aftertaste.The scent/flavor of this oddly creamy and frothy paste is unusual and has a note that reminds me of men's aftershave somehow. It would have been nice if it this paste had some whitening ingredients, or even a more abrasive texture.

Although this review sounds overly negative, it's far from the worst toothpaste I've used - it's just the worst toothpaste I've tried from Tom's of Maine. I would recommend this over Colgate or gel toothpastes, but would strongly suggest trying a different Tom's toothpaste instead. If you must try it, try to get the sample size first!

Adequate Not Great

from Derry, NH

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste:

Tom's of Main - best toothpaste out there!

from Columbia, MO

Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste Wickedly Good

from Oregon, IL

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste:

Wooo! What a great toothpaste and flavor. I am a big fan of Tom's of Maine toothpaste already. I have used it for several years now, because it works really well, it is economical, and it is an all natural product that I feel good about my family using. I really like how this company does not add any artificial flavors, colors or preservatives to any of their products. They create these awesome products using all natural ingredients! This particular flavor is so awesome -*  *I bought the Cool Peppermint flavor. It really feels like it leaves my mouth super-clean, but does not burn like so many other peppermint toothpastes. It keeps bad breath away and stays on your breath for a long time, but does not have any annoying aftertaste. It just tastes clean and fresh. Overall, I would really recommend this product to anyone who really cares about their teeth and what type of products you are putting into your body.

Tom's Wicked Fresh Toothpaste is a good natural choice

from Simpsonville, SC

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste:

Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste is a good choice for those consumers who are looking for a natural type toothpaste.  This is the first natural toothpaste I have used, and I was surprised that this toothpaste does not foam up or bubble as much as other brands.  I am not sure if this is a characteristic of natural toothpastes in general or if this is a characteristic specific to Tom's.  However, in spite of the decreased foaming action, using this product leaves my mouth feeing minty and fresh.  The toothpaste is not gritty or unpleasant.  The taste is a subtle mint, perhaps not as strong as other, more mainstream brands, but tasty nonetheless.  Using all-natural products feels like a healthy choice, but I may try other brands of natural toothpaste to see if there is a brand that offers more vigorous foaming.  In addition, it might be nice to have a slightly stronger mint flavor, as this toothpaste really does have quite a subtle taste.

Tom's Wicked Fresh: Not bad!

from Lenexa, KS

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste:

I was skeptical when I decided to try Tom's Wicked Fresh toothpaste.  Usually, I don't care for natural toothpastes...I don't like the taste of baking soda or anise, which natural pastes are usually chock full of. But, Tom's Wicked Fresh won me over, slowly but surely.  I expected it to be more minty than it was (the "Wicked Fresh" name had me thinking it was going to be wicked minty), but the soda and anise flavors weren't overwhelming, so I kept using it.  It's not super-bubbly when you brush with it, but it is better than other natural toothpastes that I've tried.  Leaves a clean, fresh feeling in your mouth, and a pleasant aftertaste.  I just wish it had a stronger mint taste.  I probably won't completely switch to using Tom's toothpaste exclusively, but I do like to rotate between it and my usual toothpaste (which is Mentadent).   I do like the fact that I can usually find Tom's products at my local Big Lot's store...makes them easier to afford.

I love this toothpaste!

from Kingfisher, OK

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh Toothpaste:

We have used Tom's toothpaste for years and have always enjoyed it. And we love that it is good for you and organic and natural and alcohol free... And all of their toothpaste has such a great taste and leaves your mouth feeling so good and fresh! When we heard about their new Wicked Fresh Toothpaste we could not wait to try it!  And we were not disappointed... It has a HUGE taste. The kids all love it, as do my wife and I. Since it came out it is the only Tom's toothpaste we buy now! At first it was a little strong for the children, but they really liked it and kept using it and now it doesn't bother them at all. We have never once had a problem with the quality or flavor of Tom's toothpaste. And, as long as they keep making such great high-quailty toothpaste, we will keep on buying it!  We were really excited when our local grocery store started carrying Tom's, since before we had to go to the city and buy it at the health food store.