4.1
Other Toothpastes:
Tom's of Maine
Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh! Toothpaste (All flavors)

Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh! Toothpaste (All flavors)

4.1

Pros

Cons

A natural toothpaste that tastes and acts like popular brands

I've used Tom's of Maine toothpaste consistently for the last couple years. I've always been impressed with the taste and the cleaning power of Tom's of Maine toothpaste, but this new "long-lasting" Wicked Fresh! toothpaste blew me away!  Using natural products in my home is something I strive for (not always perfect, but I try!) and using natural toothpaste is important to me.  However, I freely admit that I didn't find the Tom's of Maine mint varieties to live up to the popular toothpaste brands when it came to battling bad breath.  Wicked Fresh! fights bad breath for hours after brushing.  The minty taste is pleasant and not overwhelming.  The first time I used it, I could not believe how much different it felt from other Tom's of Maine toothpaste varieties.  The toothpaste uses "natural flavor oils" and "patent-pending botanical extracts" instead of chemicals or harsh ingredients.  It sounds hokey, but it really works!

Changing the color of my toothbrush!

I recieved this product as a sample, to try it out.  I have read about its natural ingredients and the fact that it is NOT tested on animals.  That is why I gave it two stars instead of one.  I like my teeth to be white, not Hollywood Star white, but a litte bright to give you a clean look. I always use "whitening" toothpaste.  This one is not.

Pros: Does give you a fresher taste (not sure if it last longer than others, how are you supposed to know that, by blowing in others' faces and asking them? Eveyone knows that you are never a victim of your own bad smell!)

I enjoyed the taste and found it stronger (clears your sinuses), but my husband hated it, he said it tasted like licorice!

Cons: Poor unattractive tube

This is why I give it a bad review.  The color of the toothpaste is not very white.  Even if it might not affect its quality, look is everything, and no one wants a less than white toothpaste, no matter what the pros are!  They don't sell brown toothpaste, no matter how good they might be!

I compared my and my husband's brand new toothbrushes: he has been using a regular toothpaste and I have been using Tom's for a few weeks.  We both got new toothbrushes at the same time: his is still white, mine is getting yellowish, the same color as the toothpaste.  After noticing that, I stopped using it. If it stains my toothbrush, it must do the same to my teeth and I am not willing to find out!

I would NOT recommend this product to anyone. I didn't purchase it, but the price is more than twice of another brand. Not a good selling point either.

Wicked Fresh Indeed

from Willingboro, NJ

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh! Toothpaste (All flavors):

I got this toothpaste as part of a review program. When it came in the mail, I was pretty skeptical. I tried the Toms of Maine brand before and it didn't taste so great. I felt like I was brushing my teeth with a licorice stick. Don't know what they were thinking when they came up with that flavor. When I tried this toothpaste I was surprised. It did leave my breath feeling "wicked fresh". The peppermint flavor was really good. It didn't leave a weird aftertaste or anything. Though it did say it would keep my breath fresh all day. Toothpaste companies always make that claim but it rarely hold any truth. It's the same thing here. Halfway through the day I needed to chew some gum. I've never used any toothpaste that has kept my mouth feeling clean and fresh even after eating. It's practically impossible. Though, it is nice to know that the company doesn't test on animals and is environmentally conservative. All of their workers volunteer and give back to the community, and donate 10% to charities and non-profit organizations. That has got to be worth something. All in all, it's a great company trying to do good things and provide the same old products in a new way.

Tom's of Maine tastes horrible, works OK.

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh! Toothpaste (All flavors):

About 2 months ago I received a sample in the mail for Tom's of Maine toothpaste. I let it sit in my cabinet for some time before I had the chance to use it.

It was just a small sample, but my husband and I couldn't get through it. I've brushed with straight up baking soda before and I've not had this much trouble getting through it...

I believe the issue lies with the taste. The paste is thick-- thicker than most toothpastes-- and the color is a bit off. As I've used Tom's of Maine products before, these things don't bother me. The problem is the taste. Maybe it's because I expected it to be some sort of crazy minty blast or something, but it leaves much to be desired. My teeth felt clean afterwards, but my mouth did not feel refreshed.

I support Tom's of Maine's ethical stance on production and consumption of goods, but I don't think I'll be buying this toothpaste any time soon.

I love the Tom's of Maine company

from Boone, NC

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh! Toothpaste (All flavors):

The toothpaste tastes great and does all that a toothpaste should. I also love how honorable the company is--they do all kinds of good work! I like it how they use that as their advertising. It makes me feel good about buying their products. They pay their workers to do volunteer work. That's just unheard of and so refreshing to hear about a company that actually encourages their workers to spend time in the community. They do lot's of environmental stuff too. It sounds like they would be a great place to work for and other companies should look up to them and copy their style. I think u.s. citizens would be a lot happier if more companies treated their workers as human beings rather than machines.

Natural is not always good

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh! Toothpaste (All flavors):

The main reason I purchased this product for was it claiming to be natural. Shame on me, I did not check the package until much later, just to discover that it contains Sodyum Lauryl Sulfate, a chemical also used in detergents. Recently I found out that Tom's of Maine decided to solve this issue and created a new toohpaste, SLS free. That definitely changes my opinion on them.

I tried the cool peppermint flavor and I liked it. It leaves a fresh taste indeed. Another thing I did not like was the package. Why not a plastic tube, much easier to squeeze? I found it hard to squeeze and that was a bit frustrating. It was also weird that the tube being metal, it started to get rusty on the inside. Or at least it looked like it. It had a strange color. That can't be good.

Although I liked the flavor, I don't think it's enough to pay that much on a toothpaste. There are many other options for the same price.

I am willing to give it another try and buy the SLS free toothpaste. I will come back with a review.

A Blast of Freshness in Your Mouth!

from Berkeley, IL

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh! Toothpaste (All flavors):

This came as a free sample awhile back and it was so refreshing I went and bought a full size tube. Pretty soon everyone in the household wanted to use it, so we now have 4 tubes of it! It is the most true flavored mint, no artificial sweet taste like other toothpastes. Just clean mint. If Toms of Maine made a mouthwash with this flavor, I would be in heaven! And the clean mouth feeling really lasts! The consistency of the toothpaste is also really nice. Unlike some other natural toothpaste brands which are very thick and chalky, Toms of Maine is very creamy. Which means that you dont end of washing a big chunk of it down the drain when you put some water on your toothbrush. And if you have kids who need a little extra coaxing to brush their teeth, this will cure that problem right away! I NEVER have to remind my younger daughter anymore since we started using Wicked Fresh!

Take care of your teeth without all the extras.

from River Falls, WI

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh! Toothpaste (All flavors):

Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh toothpaste doesn't have all the additives other toothpastes has. I am sensitive to the extras in most toothpaste so I appreciate Tom's of Maine as an alternative. Not a harsh or sweet taste; just pure and refreshing. No after taste; just a clean feeling.

Wicked Fresh

from Blackwood, NJ

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh! Toothpaste (All flavors):

I received Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh as a sample. That was good for a try because I had never used all-natural toothpaste before. I was glad that the taste in my mouth was refreshing because the name that they came up with for the toothpaste was perfect. It was wicked fresh. I had the peppermint variety, although they do make it in spearmint. The toothpaste does not burn my tongue, it leaves a very clean and fresh feeling in my mouth, and my breath smells good. I know that many people are trying all-natural products and this is yet another one that should be added to your household lineup. Tom's of Maine can be found at just about any health store or supermarket. If you go onto their website you might find a sample.

Tom's toothpaste is all good and none of the bad!

from Troy, MI

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh! Toothpaste (All flavors):

Tom's of Maine toothpaste is exactly what toothpaste should be. It is all natural without all of the unecessary additives the other major brands put in theirs. I want my children to brush their theeth with a healthy, all natural toothpaste that also tastes great. My daughter loves the super minty taste! There are no gimicks with fancy colors or designs on the tube, just great all natural toothpaste. I wouldn't use any other toothpaste!

Tom's toothpaste is great!

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh! Toothpaste (All flavors):

I originally tried this toothpaste as a free sample and quickly bought a full size tube.

I love the fact that Tom's uses all natural ingredients but isn't overly pricey like some natural toothpastes can be. It also tastes and feels like a "normal" toothpaste you would buy in a drugstore (like Crest or Colgate) rather than tasting grainy or chalky like some natural toothpastes.

My only complaint is the material the tube is made of - though I know it is better for the earth, it is harder to squeeze out the toothpaste, especially as you get to the end of the tube compared with standard plastic-y tubes that toothpaste is usually sold in.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone - whether they are looking for a natural product or not!

What is this stuff?

from Granada Hills, CA

Comments about Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh! Toothpaste (All flavors):

Tom's Toothpaste? What is it? It seems like the best toothpaste, yeah for a hippy. Tom's Toothpaste is horrible and it doesn't make your breath fresh. I am not a hippy so I go with top of the line toothpastes like crest or Aquafresh. They are tasty and make me feel good with fresh breath and the addiction of rubbing my tounge on my teeth over and over. Sorry Tom's you just don't give me the senation. What is even in Tom's Toothpaste, Tree Bark? Motor Oil? and the Tears of sad clowns? Tom's Toothpaste just can't stand up to the greatness you can find in some other of the best brands. I think it's only sold in bargin stores and the backwoods of Alabama. Where the Hillbilly and Hippy live as one. Have you ever met a hippy with fresh breath? Well I bet you haven't. There is just no such thing as a pretty smelling hippy. Tom's is like the top of the line hippy beauty products. It just can't make you look or smell any better. I cannot stand a toothpaste that just won't make me feel good. Besides Tom's another great waste of toothpaste is anything foreign if you need to freshen up you need strictly American and not anything from China or made it a hemp factory.