3.1

3.1

Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick

**Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick**

**Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick**

Natural deodorant often gets a bad rap which is largely based on unrealistic product expectations.  Deodorant and anti-perspirant are two different things.  Deodeorant prevents you from smelling like Spaghetti-o's.  Anti-perspirant blocks sweat using yucky chemicals that may or may not cause cancer.

Tom's of Maine natural deodorants are all-natural, formulated without those yucky chemicals and therefore are not going to provide the same amount of dryness as one would experience with a traditional deodorant/anti-perspirant.

I am not a particularly sweaty person, nor do I experience issues with body odor so this product works for me.  I will switch it out for a traditional product if I have to be certain that I am presentable (a formal occaison, for example) and not leaving underarm sweat marks or other extreme conditions.

I turned on a friend to this product, who is a fairly hairy, sweaty man, and I never smell any body odor on him, nor am I offended by noticeable pit sweat.

While this review is for the Unscented variety I personally prefer the Lemongrass scent.  It is crisp and fresh and reminds me of Thai soup.  Also, certain packages (including Lemongrass) are specified as "Long Lasting".  I'm not sure about the different formulation but that is the type I purchase.

This deodorant left me smelling "natural" with a rash

I am a deodorant wearer. I try to stay away from antiperspirant due to the aluminum and the fact that they are designed to stop a natural body function.

Tom's of...Read complete review

Tom's of Main was one of the first natural deodorant products that I tried. The first 2 days were fine. I had a slight odor, but nothing offensive, and it seemed to work fine. The third day I went to apply and noticed that my underarms were red and hot. I did not use it that day, and instead kept my arms down at my side. The rash stayed for a few days and was extremely itchy.

I did give the product one more try but the rash appeared within one use. I moved on to other deodorants, finally finding 3 that I like, one from LUSH, liquid crystal and Simone Chicken Bone rock star -- all of my reviews are on this site.

An effective and natural deodorant for every day use.

from Winnetka, IL

Comments about Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick - Unscented:

Goes on smoothly, Odor protection lasts 12 hours. Dries quickly. Can only be found in a limited amount of stores. I like that it is a more natural product, without as many chemicals as most deodorants. It has a light, unobtrusive 'unscented' fragrance and lasts a good amount of time before I have to buy more.

Love the toothpaste, but not-so-much the deoderant

from Agawam, MA

Comments about Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick - Unscented:

I love what the Tom's brand stands for, so I thought I'd give the deoderant a try. I can't say that I am entirely convinced. When applying it, it feels quite dry & really pulls at your skin - especially uncomfy when you JUST shaved. While I do like the fact that this is unscented, I somewhat missed a hint of some kind of scent. Lastly, I don't really feel like this one worked as well as other brands do & I don't really sweat very much.

Good deoderant for people that mildly or moderately sweat

from Topeka, KS

Comments about Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick - Unscented:

I am happier with this product than I was with my previous deoderant which was Arm & Hammer unscented deoderant. I like that this product does not leave any white residue under your arms, it does not have aluminum ingredients in it and it is almost 100% unscented. I say this because every now and then, to me, I can smell just a little scent of it. I am very sensitive to smells though. I do not sweat a lot, however, when I am outside on a hot sunny day I noticed that my shirts do tend to smell a little under the armpits when I take them off. It is not a smell that other people notice though. If you are a person that sweats a lot, this may not be the product for you, however, it might be worth trying.

Tom's of Maine Deodorant worked for me. Natural too.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick - Unscented:

Recently I have been looking for more natural health, and beauty products, and if they are not too expensive giving them a try. This is when I bought Tom's of Main Natural Deodorant unscented.

I brought it home, and was pleased that it is a good size, 64g (2.25 ounce). I opened the cap, and saw the pale yellow deodorant. I put it up to my nose, and although it says unscented, I could smell the faintest menthol.

I used the deodorant under my arms, and it did it's job. I rarely sweat even though I live in Florida. I did notice on a day that I was wearing navy, that I had a deodorant mark on it. Shame.

It worked for me, but I didn't give it to Len, as he needs a deodorant like Arrid, that gives major protection.

Works but feels waxy

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick - Unscented:

I like this product, but it leaves waxy residue on clothing.  no one sees this if your careful about putting your clothing on, but you'll see the white residue when you take off your shirt.  I prefer a product that doesn't leave heavy marks on clothing.  Other then that draw back, it works pretty well.  The scent is nice and light.  I like that it is natural and Toms is a good brand.  I have bought this brand for many years and their products are high quality.  I like all their products.

Wanted to love it, but just couldn't do it.

from Lyndhurst, NJ

Comments about Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick - Unscented:

I wanted to love this product, really I did, so I kept on using it even when it seemed to be failing me.  After a couple of weeks, though, I had to admit that it wasn't just a coincidence that I kept noticing a BO smell.  It was me alright. Gross!  I know this is not an antiperspirant, but I expected it to reduce odor (the "hops extract" was supposed to inhibit bacterial growth, and therefore odor).  It seemed like i was worse off on days when I used the Tom's deodorant than when I used nothing.  I have nothing against the product itself - it applied just fine, no problems with the consistency.  I was pleased that it had no heady fragrances, only a faint lemony scent from the lemongrass essential oil.  But, I can't go around the office smelling like I just mopped up a locker room floor with my shirt.  Sorry Tom.  I guess I'll just use this when I'm bumming around the house with no one to smell me.

A natural deoderant that works!

from South Pittsburg, TN

Comments about Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick - Unscented:

I recently switched to Tom's of Maine Unscented deodorant after becoming more health conscience. I wanted a deodorant that was aluminum free, that didn't leave a white reside on my clothes, and that actually worked. I had tried several all-natural deodorants before but they never worked very well. I found that this deodorant fulfilled all three of my wishes. It's aluminum-free, doesn't leave a residue, and most importantly, it works! I also really like that it has an unscented variety. I find that most deodorants have a very strong odor and I don't like to use a lot of heavily scented products. I find that they tend to compete with each other in a way I find unpleasant. I like that I can find this product in my local drug store and don't have to go to a specialty health food store to find it. It's also a good price for a healthier option as it is priced comparably to its conventional counterparts.

This deodorant didn't work for me.

from Savannah, GA

Comments about Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick - Unscented:

I had been trying to find a more natural deodorant and decided to purchase this product after falling in love with another Tom's of Maine product and really the company itself. I am sad to say that unfortunately this product didn't work out for me at all. My first issue was that it just didn't feel good going on. I had been using another product for years so I thought that maybe it would just take a while to get used to the change, but after using it for a couple of weeks I just couldn't get used to it. Another issue was that it caused some irritation. The product was also very ineffective for me. I again thought that maybe it was just the change in products and that I should give it time as maybe it would take time for my body to adjust to it, but after two weeks of feeling self concious I reluctantly switched back to my old product, chemicals and all. Sigh. I love Tom's of Maine but I just can't recommend this product.

Tom's of Maine deodorant works very well!

from Medford, NJ

Comments about Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick - Unscented:

We had tried many different types of deodorants with my oldest son. He would use them daily but yet he continued to struggle with ordor issues. In fact, we were at the point where I had to toss many of his favorite tops because no matter how many times I washed them, I could not get out the strong and nasty ordor. Of course I was willing to try anything and we switched him to several different brands but nothing seemed to be working. Finally, on the advice of a friend, we purchased the Tom's Natural Deodorant Stick for him to use. I am so glad that my friend recommended this product because we discovered right away that this deodorant worked like a charm. The nasty order disappeared once and for all. I'm not sure exactly what was the right combination of ingredients that worked so well or if it was simply the natural products that the Tom's brand uses. Whatever the reason, I am now a very happy Mom! No more stinky underarm ordor!

Did not work for me

from Sedalia, MO

Comments about Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick - Unscented:

I tried this Tom's natural deodorant and I will not be trying it again. It just literally did not work at all. It applies just like a regular deodorant and has a nice scent. It seems to be too basic. It seems like something is missing. It is just not strong enough.

I applied and went about my normal day and thought this would be a great product since it is natural and does not contain harmful chemicals like aluminum clorihydrate. But, it just did not do the job. It seemed to me like I had not applied any deodorant at all. It is too natural. Like maybe it is just a perfume. Well, perfumes do not work in that area of the body.

I would like to see this product get an upgrade or a re-work. Maybe it will be good in the future. Some of the other products seem to be very good products, like the toothpastes. But, this one is just not good enough for me. I will not be buying this product again.