Other Baby Bottles:
Plastic Baby Bottles
Tommee Tippee
Tommee Tippee BPA-Free Closer to Nature Plastic Baby Bottles

Tommee Tippee BPA-Free Closer to Nature Plastic Baby Bottles

Pros

• BPA free (3)

• At home (3)
  • Feeding (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • First time parent (3)

Nice for breastfeeding mommas...

I first saw the Tommee Tippee bottle being used by another mom while I was pregnant with my daughter. What I really liked about it, and what caught my eye was that it appaeared to be "like the breast!" I knew i was going to breast feed my daughter and I wanted a bottle to be just like that, "like the breast!"

My daughter is now a month old and I say, I really like these bottles. There has been no nipple confustion whatsoever. So I feel much better about pumping so my hubby can feed her while I take a much deserved nap. I would have to say that my only complaint, while the shape of the bottle is nice, the milk gets stuck in the "lip", so you have to kinda tilt the bottle way up if you want to let in out.

Also, we recently have had some issue with the nipple colapsing, but you have to make sure the vent in "unstuck." Kinda annoying, but not bad.

Rubs baby's nose

We received two of these bottles as gifts. They are now our back up bottles because the nipple rubs my baby's nose. The bottle itself is of good quality, but the design is...Read complete review

We received two of these bottles as gifts. They are now our back up bottles because the nipple rubs my baby's nose. The bottle itself is of good quality, but the design is not right for my baby.

Child's Comfort
The nipple of this bottle looked like a great idea for breastfed babies that also need to use a bottle. It is designed with a wide area to look and feel like a real breast. After using it with my son his nose is continuously running the wide part of the nipple and made his nose all red. I thought he would could maybe use it when he grew a bit bigger but it is still very near his nose and the farther down in liquid you get the more you have to tip it and it eventually touches his nose again.

Leak Prevention
I have never had these bottles leak. The design of the bottle looks so simple that I was afraid they would but even after many uses and washes they have not leaked.

The bottle comes in at the mid point of the bottle which is ok for holding on to the bottle but it makes a little more difficult to clean. It is just more surface to make sure you get the bottle brush on. The nipple and ring clean well also. The only issue I have is putting it back together. The nipple is difficult to get in the right place that you are not pulling it through the ring all the way. Takes me a couple tries to get it into place.

Keeps Air Out
The bottle keeps the air out well. I have had not problems with it.

The printing on the bottle has never faded or rubbed off. The bottles or nipples have not turned cloudy or discolored. The durability is good.

First choice for bottles

from Phoenix

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free
  • Convenient
  • Durable
  • Easy to use
  • Seals Well
  • Washes Easily

Cons

• Pricey

• Heating Milk
  • Travel

Comments about Tommee Tippee BPA-Free Closer to Nature Plastic Baby Bottles:

I intended to breast feed and pump my breast milk and bottle feed with these bottles. My son couldn't breast feed and was solely bottle feed. He took quick to these bottles. I think they are easy to wash and store. They don't tend to leak. As he grew it was easy to find the next stage nipples to replace and keep using the same bottles.

My son liked this bottle

from Hartland mi

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free
  • Convenient
  • Durable
  • Easy to use
  • Seals Well
  • Washes Easily

Comments about Tommee Tippee BPA-Free Closer to Nature Plastic Baby Bottles:

My son wouldn't really take a bottle but when he had no problem with this bottle.

stylish

from Wilsonville, OR

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• BPA Free

Comments about Tommee Tippee BPA-Free Closer to Nature Plastic Baby Bottles:

Got this free bottle from a friend. If it wasn't free, I don't think I'll buy it, it is a bulky bottle, I personally prefer a slimer bottle. Some milk do get stuck on the side, no way to get down to the nipple. This bottle is soso.

Best baby bottle ever

Comments about Tommee Tippee BPA-Free Closer to Nature Plastic Baby Bottles:

I have been using Tommee Tippee for the last 16 months. When my daughter was first born I was breast feeding. She was not getting enough breast milk. So I started to pump. This was the first bottle that I tried and she took to it right away. The flow was the best. It's not too fast and not too slow. It was just right for my daughter. It's BPA free which is a must. My daughter is now 16 months old. And she still uses this bottle at night time. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is either breast feeding and wants to go back to work. Or for formula fed babies. The nipple is very soft and suitable for the babies mouth. They don't leak at all. I personally have never had this bottle leak. I will be using these bottles again for my next baby. I have recommended these to my friends and they also loved this bottle. The plastics is very sturdy and they come in pretty colors. You can also buy other nipples for a faster flow.

Good products, good company

Comments about Tommee Tippee BPA-Free Closer to Nature Plastic Baby Bottles:

There are a few things that I would change but, overall it's a win for me.

Child's Comfort
      Ok, I chose a seven because the nipples are more realistic and therefor comfortable in that sense. However, the bottles are really wide so, it took a very long time before our daughter could hold her own.

Leak Prevention
      It's ok but, certainly not perfect and has room for improvement. I have used bottles in the past that leaked a lot more so, in comparison I was happy with them.

I don't think any bottles are easy to clean and these are no exception. I really didn't like how my changed color either. Although, we also used the Tommy Tippee sterilizer and I think that may have done it. Just a heads up on that, we didn't care much for it.

Keeps Air Out
      I actually thought these did really well with that. Our two older boys used different brands and they both suffered from gas. Our daughter used these and we didn't have any issues with that.

These can withstand a lot! They have been thrown more times then I can count.

Nice bottles

Comments about Tommee Tippee BPA-Free Closer to Nature Plastic Baby Bottles:

I really like these bottles. I have both the 5 oz and the 9 oz ones. The 9 oz bottles empty nicely as well. The shape of the 5 oz ones is kind of funny. You have to shake the bottle when the milk gets close to the end because of a lip that it gets stuck one. The 9 oz bottles don't have that issue. My son is almost 5 months and he likes to try to hold it himself. I feel like the shape helps him do that. I like that it is easy to take apart and clean as well.

Child's Comfort
      When my son was a couple months younger, he would caress my breast and I like that these bottles mimec the breast. It seemed to be an easier transition when I went back to work for my son.

Leak Prevention
      Make sure the top is on correctly. I have gotten the top off a little when I was in a hurry and they leak pretty good when that happens, but when the top is on correctly, they do not leak.

• Keeps Air Out:

This is a great bottle that I would recommend to any parent!

Comments about Tommee Tippee BPA-Free Closer to Nature Plastic Baby Bottles:

This is a great bottle that I would recommend to anyone. They don't cause my child any discomfort. These bottles are also so simple to clean with only three pieces vs. other bottles. They also offer lots of other accessories that make these bottles super convenient.

Child's Comfort
      We don't have any of the extra air intake that causes discomfort like we did with other bottles.

Leak Prevention
      I've heard some people tell me that they have trouble with the air vent leaking but I haven't had a problem with this at all.

There is a little bit of a ridge at the top of the bottle that can be tricky to clean, but I just use a smaller bottle brush. Other than that these bottle are super easy to clean with only three pieces vs. some of the other bottles on the market.

I have dropped these bottles many times with no damage to them. They also survive lots of travel in the diaper bag as well as many trip through the dishwasher.

• Keeps Air Out:

My daughter hardly ever has gas when using Tommee Tippee bottles

Comments about Tommee Tippee BPA-Free Closer to Nature Plastic Baby Bottles:

My daughter never wanted to breastfeed so I had to bottle feed her but I didn't know what bottles were good to use. I used evenflo bottles while I pumped my breast but they really sucked. I noticed when she would stop sucking a lot of air would go back into the bottle. My sister gave me some Tommee Tippee bottles around the time my daughter was about a month old. Since then my daughter has never really had a problem with gas.

Child's Comfort
      I can tell that my daughter likes these bottles more than others because of the nipple. She had a harder time sucking on other nipples but the way the Tommee Tippee nipples are shaped, it's easier for her to suck on and get her formula out.

Leak Prevention
      They don't leak from the part that you screw the nipple on but sometimes the vent leaks but it's not a big deal. It only happened a couple times.

The bottles are easy to clean because they are kind of wide so you can fit the bottle brush in it and scrub it out easily.

Keeps Air Out
      Whenever my daughter stops sucking, I don't hear the bottle make a lot of noise because air is going back into the bottle so I know it's working.

The nipples on the bottles have never cracked neither has the actual bottle and I can sterilize them in the microwave and they have never melted.

• Keeps Air Out:

Baby likes it, but some milk is wasted.

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about Tommee Tippee BPA-Free Closer to Nature Plastic Baby Bottles:

We chose to purchase these bottles because they are meant to be easily used by a baby that is primarily breastfed. Our daughter easily transitioned between the bottle and the breast, without any nipple confusion. We did find that the flow of the nipples was fairly fast, especially for a breast fed baby. Because of that, I would recommend them for a slightly older baby, probably older than 10 weeks or so. The one major drawback of these bottles is that the shape means that some milk gets caught in the bottle no matter how you try to tip it down into the nipple. Any pumping mom knows how heartbreaking it is to waste her milk, and those little bits can add up if you are using bottles more than once every few weeks. If his was fixed, I would rate these a 10.

Child's Comfort
      Our daughter transitioned easily between these bottles and the breast.

Leak Prevention
      We never had any leaks with these bottles.

The wide south and flat nipple makes these bottles very easy to clean. They are also dishwasher safe.

Keeps Air Out
      We never had any air issues with these bottles.

These bottles seem durable and would probably last through more than one child if not used heavily.

Rubs baby's nose

from Cincinnati, OH

Keeps Air Out
      The bottle keeps the air out well. I have had not problems with it.