Other GPS Devices:

TomTom ONE Portable GPS Navigator

Pros

Cons

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

TomTom One 130 gets me from point A to point B.

The TomTom One 130 is a good GPS that boots (and acquires satellites) quickly but occasionally behaves strangely.This unit seems to find satellites much faster than a Garmin Nuvi, which is pretty convenient.  Typically by the time I have punched in a new address, it is ready to go.  TomTom address entry is city/street/number, which is different from Garmin (and the opposite of how someone would typically read an address to you).The unit does not have text-to-speech (TTS).  This would have been a nice feature, as it reduces the need to look down at the unit while driving.Battery life started out okay, but the unit began to lose charge faster over time.  This is not a big deal if you do not use your cigarette lighter port for other devices.One new development with the One 130 is that after a little more than a year of use, the GPS started acting strangely once in a while.  Sometimes I'll be driving, and the GPS will start tracking my car somewhere I'm not.  (It's thought I was driving off-road at more than 140 mph, for example.)  It comes back to normal after a while (or after a reboot), but it's annoying to deal with that when I actually need the GPS' assistance.The GPS seems reluctant to recommend U-turns, instead trying to send me on multiple-right-turn excursions around blocks.

TomTom-One 130 GPS is great for beginners,Easy to Use&Affordable

The Tom Tom One 130 was a first time buy for me,in Sept of "09", The first one I got had a defect in the volume control, But I was able to  exchanged it for one  in perfect working order, I found it to be a great tool to use while traveling around in a new town, Once the volume control was working properly, I no longer get lost LOL.. I do not pay for the Live traffic I have found that it's only off by a few hundred yards. I"m not too thrilled with the way the POI"s are set up but I think with time I'll get over that hump too. Altho I have found you can correct the errors and send them to TomTom Home to let them verify it .. I have yet tho fiqured out if my correcting the map will show me my corrections the next time. Never had to make a second trip . Yet ! Easy to follow instuctions of voice directions, lets you know ahead of time where to turn . It does not say the streets but it does show the street names. So that helps and I have not found too many errors in the maps , Just off a few hundred yards. I love how I can connect it to my computer to charge it and even control it while online to mark favorites. There are so many things that can be done with it .(Again ) It's also a affordable buy ..

TomTom One GPS

Comments about TomTom ONE Portable GPS Navigator:

This is a good GPS system, but it is an older model, so if you want the latest you may want to try another model or brand all together. I have had this one for about 5 years, and overall it performs well, but there are always updates and to go online you must pay for these. We travel every year to Cape Cod and take the GPS with us. Once you have programmed the coordinates into the machine they can be used for the next trip, but every time we visit the same location on vacation the GPS can never find it. Perhaps this is a glitch, but is frustrating when you can't find the beach! There are some cool features, like you can change the voices from American to British, have a male or female, to name a few. There are features like gas stations, restaurants, family places, etc. It is easy to use, but you should familiarize yourself before driving somewhere. This is a decent device for a low price, but is not the latest on the market. If you travel a lot you may want to pay for the updates online or just invest in a newer model.

Little slow, but adequate

Map Quality & Accuracy
Doesn't always find where we are going

Just needed to play with for a while to get used to it

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Easy to use, great price

Comments about TomTom ONE Portable GPS Navigator:

Easy to use, with good maps and directions. Maps are easy to update. This is a great value for the price. Durable and lightweight to go anywhere. We take it on every trip. Directions are given clearly with plenty of advance warning , and the screen is easy to read and understand.

Very easy to use.

Comments about TomTom ONE Portable GPS Navigator:

This GPS is one of the easiest to use. It is very appropriate for beginners with easy to understand directions. I like all the extras available, such as time to destination, speed of travel, and alternate routes.

Processing Speed
It takes only seconds to load destinations, and if you have the exact address it is very prompt and efficient.

Map Quality & Accuracy
Easy to read and navigate.

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

A must have for anyone not good with direction

from Rockwall, TX

Comments about TomTom ONE Portable GPS Navigator:

I got this at least 2 years ago for Christmas and it has helped me tremendously ever since. I am not very good with direction, so this was the perfect gift for me. The only complaint I have is that you have to pay to update the maps on it every month.

Processing Speed
It can be a little slow, especially if you leave it in the car like I do, but it works well.

Map Quality & Accuracy
Only if you update it every month like you are supposed to.

It's easy to figure out how to work it

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Great product for the price!!!

Comments about TomTom ONE Portable GPS Navigator:

I would recommend this TomTom GPS navigator to everyone. I think this was a great purchase. It is so simple and the screen is small but very clear. The voice is easy to understand. I used the walking feature and truly appreciated not wondering for extra blocks... This was a great value..

Great standard GPS

from Wilmington, DE

Comments about TomTom ONE Portable GPS Navigator:

I really like my TomTom GPS. I find that for the most part it finds my location pretty quickly. I also like that it plans its route quickly as well. It is well made and durable as well, which is very important. I am not great with technology, but I find my TomTom to be simple to use. I have never had an issue with getting lost with my TomTom.

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Helps me get where I'm going!

from Norcross, GA

Comments about TomTom ONE Portable GPS Navigator:

Talk about an oldie, but a goodie! I got this GPS a while ago and even though my phone has a newer GPS installed, I've found that my Tom Tom gets me where I need be quicker and more direct than the newer GPS. I keep it updated by plugging it into my computer to get the updates. I also love to switch the accents and languages just for fun. Of course, that's just an added bonus, but combined with it's navigation features, I would recommend this GPS to anyone!

Processing Speed
It's a little slow to start, but once it's on, it's good to go!

Basic GPS

from Corona, CA

Comments about TomTom ONE Portable GPS Navigator:

It is a basic GPS for normal use. Do you even really need it to do more than show you the way and find what you're looking for? I updated mine and was able to customize it with Homer Simpsons voice telling me where to go. I also was able to change the startup and shut down screens also. It is really easy to use and its basically fool proof.

Processing Speed
Good but takes forever to connect to a statellite

Make sure to update!!!!

Totally fool proof.

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Gets us where we need to go

from Edmond, OK

Comments about TomTom ONE Portable GPS Navigator:

We have gone on many roadtrips with this GPS. It is very affordable and has everything that we need. Occasionally we would have issues with it findin satellites but if you update it every week or before you leave on your trip you should have very little/no issues with service. We have not gotten lost yet with our GPS.

An easy to use device!

from Lewistown, PA

Comments about TomTom ONE Portable GPS Navigator:

I was kind of skeptical at first because this was my first GPS system and I never used one before. I had set this up for a short trip around town to try it out and I was surprised on how easy it was to use. The animated person will explain your route to you very easily and most of the time I will not get confused. Very rarely though it will tell you to take a turn in the middle of a tunnel or when your driving a straight road and there is no turn but I heard other systems do that too. Other then that this is a great overall direction system way better then using a map that you get distracted reading!