Other GPS Devices:
TomTom
125-SE
TomTom ONE Limited Edition Portable GPS Automobile Navigator

TomTom ONE Limited Edition Portable GPS Automobile Navigator

This is every womans best car friend...u will be lost no more.

The Tomtom One is the best thing that ever happened to me. As soon as you take it out of the box and turn it on all u have to do is type in your coordinates and it is ready to go. It comes with everything you need to find your way anywhere. It came with maps of North America and Canada, so I plan on giving to my boyfriend to use when he goes to Canada to see how well it handles there, and no more excuses for being late. It has traffic alerts to tell you where there is traffic and show you a quicker route. It had side streets I never knew existed. I can not say enough good to tell u just how great this product is. I also think it is a great safety feature being a woman and sometimes having to stop and ask for directions use to scare me at night, now it is no longer an issue I just turn on the Tom Tom and he read me my directions home, and yes u can chose what ever voice you personally like.

Not one of the best GPS systems

I got a Tom Tom GPS navigator as a Christmas gift.  I was SO excited.  It's so easy to hop in the car, plug in your desination and GO.  In my mind...this meant no more mapquest, no more frantic calls to my husband when I think I'm lost, no more being late after an unschedule detour (aka getting lost).

I began to use it for everything.  Local drives, long distance, even places I was familiar with.  I immediately noticed that it was taking me the long way for everything.  I've tried switching the settings between "shortest route" and "fastest route" and neither makes an improvement.  It ALWAYS takes me down old country roads when there is a main street option.  It's just plain annoying.  It tacks 5-10 minutes onto every trip.  Granted, it will get you there, just in the longest way possible.

Another fault is that it loses signal.  Mostly right when you need it.  It often says "searching for a valid GPS signal" and it takes quite a while to figure it out.  There is also a significant delay in re-calculating the route if you make a wrong turn or miss your exit.  Which often makes me nervous.

My suggestion?  Spend a little extra and get something more reliable.  I've used other GPS systems that have been more helpful.

Awesome GPS...but occasionally it's a little off.

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about TomTom ONE Limited Edition Portable GPS Automobile Navigator:

My dad purchased the TomTom One LE Portable GPS Automobile Navigator for me about two and a half years ago.  Because my husband is in the military, we move every few years and go to a new place.  I don't consider myself directionally challenged, but when you are in a new place, it's always hard to figure out where anything is.  My TomTom has been wonderful though.  It's incredibly easy to use.  You just type in the address to where you need to go, and it maps out your course for you.  It also tells you in plenty of time where you need to turn so there's no last minute switching lanes and trying to cross traffic to get to your exit.  And if you do miss a turn, it quickly updates and redirects you.

The feature that I think is a must have though is the Point of Interest.  You can find restaurants, gas stations, hotels, shopping centers, and much more with just a few clicks.  This is extremely helpful, especially when I'm traveling.

The only problem we've ever had with our TomTom was that it once led us to an open field and said that we had reached our destination.  We were trying to get to a hotel, and obviously our TomTom had malfunctioned.  However, that was the only problem we've had in 2 1/2 years that we've had our GPS system, so I would still highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a good, affordable GPS system.

Processing Speed
It sometimes takes a while to reprocess if I take a different route.

• Processing Speed:
  • Map Quality & Accuracy:

Enjoyable.

from Vacherie, LA

Comments about TomTom ONE Limited Edition Portable GPS Automobile Navigator:

Bought the TomTom on Black Friday.  I am having fun with it.  Get tickled by some of the things that it says.  I have found a few mistakes on it.  Such as our house having moved about 150 yards down our street.  But overall it has gotten us to our destination with no problems.  I love that it shows the streets as we go by them.  That means we don't have to be searching for the street signs which in the South East Louisiana area, we still have a lot of street signs missing from Katrina.  I like it, and would buy it again.

Thank goodness for TomTom - One LE Portable GPS

from Dothan, AL

Comments about TomTom ONE Limited Edition Portable GPS Automobile Navigator:

This is my first GPS, and I was worried that it would be difficult to use, but I am already addicted to it. I love that you can update the maps just by plugging it in to my computer. It syncs automatically once you've set up the account. The directions are clear and easy to hear and follow. I often don't want to take the highway, and it lets me find other options. It is much safer than trying to look at a printed map on the seat next to me, which is what I used to do! I have not had any problems finding a valid GPS signal; it always calculates the route quickly. Iove that it's portable--I usually take it out of the car when I go inside somewhere, to avoid theft. Also, it is not terribly pricey, yet you get everything you need in a GPS. I recommend it!

Can't live without it now.

from Palmetto, FL

Comments about TomTom ONE Limited Edition Portable GPS Automobile Navigator:

I got this as a Christmas gift for myself last year. I have found it to be increadibly useful. I am bad at directions and this is guaranteed to get me there. I love the options to help me find resturants close to my location. I never have to worry about getting lost again.

TomTom GPS

from Christiana, TN

Comments about TomTom ONE Limited Edition Portable GPS Automobile Navigator:

My husband and I use the tomtom GPS quite often, even when we know where we are going.  Several cool things about it, the options you can choose when choosing your destination.  A couple of the options I would not recommend using. The fastest route may take you threw places you don't really wanna go threw. But that can actually happen picking any of those quickest or shortest route.  So be careful of that. Some really cool features, you can download for free cartoon voices or other voice types to tell you the directions. You will be surprised how funny they are.  Favorites locations are cool, there's no limit on how many you can add to it. The tom tom sometimes has difficulty finding a signal, especially in mountain range which is typical with any device that has a signal. You can change routes if you do not like the route chosen for you, like if you know the way but still need help you can always change it to that route.

TomTom - One LE Portable GPS Automobile Navigator dont know what

from Oak Ridge, NC

Comments about TomTom ONE Limited Edition Portable GPS Automobile Navigator:

I am a person who gets lost in a shoe box when i drive and the tom tom gps is a life saver its easy to use the screan size is good. The voices on it are clear i love its portable. i cant remember what i di with out my gps. I love it so much i am thinking of getting the tom tom golf gps

Travel Directions and More

from Newport, PA

Comments about TomTom ONE Limited Edition Portable GPS Automobile Navigator:

We moved here in the last six months and I still do not know many of the roads or businesses in the area.  And get lost frequently.  My partner loves to get lost!  So the idea of getting a GPS just for the car was a remote possibilty in our household.  But the advance in being portable made getting a GPS the perfect Christmas gift.   My partner wanted a handheld GPS do to other things with, so being able to combine the automobile features with the handheld capability have made this a present that we can both enjoy.  I no longer have to endure hours of trying to get back on the right road, while he can do his exploring on foot.  I like the features.  Mind you the voices can be a little bit hard to make out some endings on words.  Still the GPS has been our most used Christmas gift this season and we haven't travel more than 45 minutes from our home with it yet.  I'm looking forward to even more uses once the weather turns nice this summer.

Not all that great

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about TomTom ONE Limited Edition Portable GPS Automobile Navigator:

I moved to my current city 4 years ago.  I did not grow up here, so finding my way around the city is a challenge.  There are many bridges and tunnels, which make navigating around the city a bit difficult.  I decided that I needed to get a GPS since I was constantly getting lost.  This was my first GPS.  I was so excited, thinking that I would never get lost again. Since I was so excited about having a GPS and not getting lost again, I think I initially overlooked the immediate issue of the GPS constantly giving me the message, "searching for a valid GPS signal".  I thought at first that this was normal since I never had a GPS before.  Now that I have seen other GPS's in action, I realize that it takes much longer with this GPS to acquire a signal than others.  One I get a signal, it gets me to my location.  The problem is that it always takes me the round about way.  I have tried adjusting the settings, but it constantly takes me the longest way.  And then on top of that, it went dead on me.  I am currently searching for a new GPS and will not get this one or another Tom Tom again.

Tom Tom is my best friend when I am on the road.

from Nokomis, FL

Comments about TomTom ONE Limited Edition Portable GPS Automobile Navigator:

My Tom Tom is easy to set for destination.  Directions are accurate and easily followed.  I enjoy knowing the travel time, and expected arrival time.  I use my Tom Tom even when I know my way to destination, just to know my progress.

Works great and a reasonable price

from Santa Rosa, CA

Comments about TomTom ONE Limited Edition Portable GPS Automobile Navigator:

This TomTom GPS is a great tool for our family vacations and for just finding places around town. The screen's display is easy to read and follow. There are many settings in the GPS unit that allow you to adjust brightness, the director's voices, and so much more. It displays your current speed and gives you a great view that shows you your progess on the trip and enough room to show where you should turn. You can zoom in and out of your location too. A few times I have seen the GPS locate the car off the road and then jump to the current position but I am guessing that is from lack of satelite signals or being in the hills. This is typical of most GPS units. The battery lasts a long time as well and it comes with a car charger as well. It is easy to update the unit by just pluging it into your computer. The design is great, simple and portable. It is very easy to use and navigate with its instructions and navigate around the menus and options. I recommend this product.