3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Assembly:

How Did We Live Without It?

Comments about Toastmaster Chopster:

From onions to okra and even hot-dogs one or twice. This little machine chops them all. We've had ours for years. Easy to clean and the blade stays sharp.

Power
Doesn't use much power but saves a lot of time.

Safety
It can only start once the lid is locked in place.

Ease of Assembly
Cup, blade, lid.

Main body wipes easily. The rest we wash.

Never dropped it but it's lasted for years

You get what you pay for with the Toastmaster Chopster

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Toastmaster Chopster:

I had this Toastmaster Chopster before I bought my food processor because at that time, I couldn't afford the latter. I used this when I had to finely grind dried shrimp or mince up lemongrass, which is very hard to do by hand! The dried shrimp wasn't really a problem as long as I didn't overload the machine, but the lemongrass was really a problem. The Toastmaster Chopster can't handle lemongrass well because it was too fibrous. Every couple of seconds, I had to turn off the machine and stir it around so that the machine did not clog up and stop on me. To be honest, it was a real pain and it took me twice as long as I thought it would. I will say that the Chopster works well in pureeing food and making dips like hummus and I would use it for those purposes. However, with hard foods like lemongrass, I would leave it to something more powerful. The Chopster is a very cheap mini chopper and totally worth the price, but don't think that it will chop everything for you!

• Ease of Assembly:

Decent chopper for the price

from DES MOINES, IA

Comments about Toastmaster Chopster:

I like my toastmaster chopster. It works wells and does it job like a chopper should.

I bought one to mainly puree baby food. I would make several batches at a time to freeze in ice cube trays so I liked the size and ease of use of this chopper.

What I liked best was that the lid, bowel, and blade are able to be put in the dishwasher. That makes cleanup much easier. I then just wipe the rest of the chopper with a wet wash cloth.

It does a decent job of chopping up veggies and making purees. I don't use it whole lot but it does fit nicely in a cupboard for storage.

I do wish it had a little bit longer cord but I'm sure its for safety reasons.

Overall its a nice sized chopper for the price.

Power
decent just don't overload it

• Ease of Assembly:

An ok chopper, not that great

Comments about Toastmaster Chopster:

It's an alright chopper if you're not chopping a lot of stuff and the stuff isn't necessarily easy to puree or chop. It gets stuck occasionally, but normally it gets the job done if you don't put too much in it and/or stuff is easy to chop (like tomatoes). I would definitely buy a different chopper if you're not looking for a really small one like this one.

Very Handy Mini Chopster

from Union Mills, NC

Comments about Toastmaster Chopster:

This is such a handy kitchen gadget! I was kind of sceptical about it when my mom first gave it to me. I figured it was just another gimic but I've found that it's the perfect size for doing little jobs around the kitchen when you don't want to or need to drag out the big food processor. I love it for making salad dressings, marinades, chopping small amounts of nuts, etc. It comes apart very easily and completely for easy clean up and washing. It is a bit noisy, but I figure that just comes with the territory of mechanically chopping things up. It is light weight, portable, and easy to store in a small amount of space which is very important to me since I have a small kitchen and space is at a premium. This is definately something that I would recommend to my friends and family.

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Toastmaster Chopster:

PROS: This is small and lightweight, best for chopping/blending a small amount of food when you don't want to drag out (and clean) a larger food processor. It's very easy to clean. I really like that all pieces come completely apart - the blade comes completely off the base *and* out of the container) so you don't hurt your fingers trying to clean under a fixed blade.

CONS: The motor is loud, and if it runs for more than a few pulses, or 30 seconds continously, sounds strained. It also seems to work best when there's at least some added water or liquid to whatever you're processing. I had to add some water to guacamole, for example, just to get it to combine into a chunky state. The motor is not very powerful, but it's still good for small jobs.

I love this appliiance.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Toastmaster Chopster:

The Toastmaster Chopster is a perfect size.  It handled all the herbs and small liquid amount that I needed for the marinade, It was what I needed and saved me from pulliing out the large food processor.