Other Waffle Makers:

Toastmaster 4-Section Waffle Maker

Pros

Cons

Toastmaster Waffle Maker Is a Very Good

I purchased several years ago. I really did not want to spend a lot on a waffle maker, and I picked this one up on clearance. I was not too concerned with having anything high tech or gourmet, since I only make waffles a couple of a times a month. Therefore, this was a perfect choice for us. My first few batches, I remember, were not so great looking, but tasted fine. Once I got the hang of it, I got very good at it. It did involve some trial and error. I had to adjust to the temperature, learn to open it up at the right time, but this would be the case with any waffle maker. Clean up is not too bad if you wipe it down immediately after use. It is nonstick inside. Storage is fine too, because it can be stood up and really takes up minimal room in the pantry. Finally, it makes nice size waffles. I am quite pleased with it!

Once you get the hang of it, it is easy. It cooks evenly, which is important for making waffles.

Settings/Features
Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. I prefer to not have a lot of settings.

As I stated above, it is best to wipe it down immediately after use. It is nonstick which makes clean up fairly easy.

It takes a little trial and error, but once you get the hang of it, it is easy.

I have had it a few years, and it is still working as well as the the day I purchased it.

This waffle baker isn't the best waffle maker.

I received this **Toastmaster Family Size Waffle Baker Model #TWB4REG **for a gift.  I  never owned one before and was used to just making the frozen waffles and popping them in the toaster.  After using the waffle baker, I found that we weren't really missing much.

**The Waffle Baker**

According to the manufacturer, this rectangle waffle baker bakes a 4-section waffle, has nonstick grids for easy clean up and dual ready lights. There is a cool touch housing and storage for the cord. The Waffle Baker stands on end for easy storage.

**My Experience**

My first thought when receiving this waffle baker as a gift was, "what am I going to do with this"?  OK, rude, I know, but does anyone really need one of these? I was still kind of interested to see how it worked and if the waffles were really that much better than the ones I bought frozen in a box. I took it home and looked up how to make waffle mix. (don't laugh) and I found a simple recipe:

- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 T. melted butter.

I mixed it up and warmed up the waffle baker until the green ready light came on as directed and then attempted to pour my mix in the baker.  Attempted being the key word ... I made quite a mess because I used too much mix and the baker overflowed.  I was still learning at this point obviously.  After several trials and errors, I successfully baked some waffles.  Most times, the outer edges were burned and the inner part wasn't quite done.  That was not an error on my part.  My husband used it as well and the same thing happened to him.  It doesn't happen every time but often.

**My Final Viewpoint**

I am not overly thrilled with the **Toastmaster Family Size Waffle Baker Model #TWB4REG**.  It makes OK waffles and is really not much more than an average product.  I recommend it only if you get a good deal on it but I wouldn't suggest spending too much on it.  You would be better off getting another brand and doing your research online as to what is out there.  I give this waffle baker a 3 star rating.

It prohibits a wonderful and delicious food

from Libya

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Adjustable
  • Consistent Results
  • Fast
  • Non-Stick

Cons

• Continental Breakfasts
    • Restaurant

It prohibits a wonderful and delicious food

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Toastmaster 4-section Waffle Maker

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Toastmaster 4-Section Waffle Maker:

This little waffle maker is convenient to store and also to use. It has a non-stick surface which makes it very easy to clean. I use it to make waffles, cookies, potato waffles, and many more different foods. It is very versatile.

It performs very well and is extremely versatile as to what you can make with this little waffle maker.

Settings/Features
    The settings work very well. It works with a light that comes on when device is ready to use or when your waffle is done. It is very difficult to mess up with this device.

This device has a non-stick surface which makes clean-up very easy. Although the plates do not come out, when you clean it immediately after each use it stays looking like new.

It is one of the easiest waffle makes I have ever used, and I have had many. It is compact and easy to clean and very difficult to burn anything you may be making in it.

It appears to be quite durable for a small appliance and I expect to use it for a long time.

Okay Waffle Maker

from Provo, Utah

Comments about Toastmaster 4-Section Waffle Maker:

This is an okay waffle maker. It isn't super impressive and it isn't bad. Maybe just average. We have had it for about 8 years and it still works pretty well. It is hard to clean all the way though and waffles often stick to it. Recently I have been considering purchasing a different type of waffle iron.

It makes pretty good waffle. They don't end up very crispy but they cook evenly. The warning light on top works well and always turns off when the waffles are done.

Settings/Features
    It is really basic. You put the batter in and close it. Then wait till the light turns off to tell you that your waffles are done.

It is hard to clean. I wish the cord could be detached or the sides came apart somehow so I could clean it easier.

It is really easy to use. You just need heat up the iron, grease it and pour the batter in. The iron does the rest.

It has lasted 8 years so I feel like it is fairly durable. I think it would last longer if it was easier to clean.

• Settings/Features:

This product is OK for the budget friendly family

Comments about Toastmaster 4-Section Waffle Maker:

OK this toaster is a nice budget friendly waffle maker. it works great for waffles but I not only use it for waffles but I have also used it to make toast and toast paninis and sandwiches I have even made an omelette on it even though that is not what is intended for it worked great for me. I'm not going to lie is not fancy looking and even looks a little cheap and old dated with the white plastic but it does the job it was intended for I don't like that is white because it gets really dirty all the time and mines has turned yellow over time and has stained. I have owned this waffle maker for a couple of years and it is still going strong but is not pretty to look at. Overall is a good investment but I wish it would be stainless steel or atleast a different material so it won't look stained and dirty over time. I would have liked it better if it was made of a more durable material. It is kind of hard to clean and it does not have a timer you pretty much have to come check it every 5 minutes to see if the light turned green a little bit of a pain and inconvenience.

Not a fan

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Toastmaster 4-Section Waffle Maker:

I recently got into waffles, after discovering real maple syrup and pasture-fed butter. My husband and I shared waffle making duties, but he was terrible about cleaning up after cooking a massive load if waffles for whoever we had at our breakfast table (usually guests and extended family for waffle mania).
    My biggest complaint against this waffle maker was the difficulty in cleanup. It claimed to be non-stick, but EVERYTHING stuck! And once it got crusted on, it was virtually impossible to get off of the waffle iron. The outside and the metal plates were so tough to clean. Additionally, there were so any hidden nooks and crannies for batter to seep down into.
    My other least favorite feature was the inability to adjust the crispness or softness of the waffles. I like my waffles soft and chewy, but my husband likes them crisp. There was no room for adjustment or flexibility. It was also impossible to tell when the waffles were fully cooked.
    Eventually, the whole machine shorted out mid waffle!

Not the best...

Comments about Toastmaster 4-Section Waffle Maker:

I was given this toastmaster waffle maker as a gift and was super excited, until I used it. In my opinion it was just to difficult. I had an issue with sticking and it seemed to take forever. I used it a few times thinking maybe it was just me but no matter what I did it still sucked. It's sad to say but I prefer the frozen waffles over using this waffle maker.

Great Waffle Maker

Comments about Toastmaster 4-Section Waffle Maker:

I love my Toastmaster Waffle Maker. Never again will I go back to frozen waffles. Not only are our waffles bigger, they turn out perfectly every single time now. No cold spots, just squares and squares of perfectly cooked waffles ready to be drenched in syrup!

So easy to use. Have had it for years and still get perfect waffles every single time I use it.

Settings/Features
    The red and green indicator lights are great. You always know when it's still cooking and when it's done. I love that I can store it upright, it saves a lot of space!

The non stick plates are really easy to clean, and the outside is easy to wipe off. No problems at all with stickage!

Very easy to use, just measure out your batter, pour, and close. Red light means leave it alone, green light means your waffles are ready.

I've had my Toastmaster Waffle Maker for years, and it shows no signs of wearing out at all! My waffles still come out perfectly golden brown every single time.

• Settings/Features:

Very affordable Waffle Maker!

Comments about Toastmaster 4-Section Waffle Maker:

We have had the toastmaster waffle maker for a while now & it really works well. The nonstick coating works great. I am able to make great homemade waffles without screwing up. It heats up quickly and clean up with the waffle maker is a breeze. I would tell anyone that wants to take the time to make waffles to get this iron because it works well and is very affordable.

Great Waffles the easy way

from IL, USA

Comments about Toastmaster 4-Section Waffle Maker:

My husband has always been the frozen eggo waffle type and started leading my kids down the same path. Can't have that now, can we? So I started looking for a decent waffle maker so my children could experience the joys of REAL home-made-from-scratch waffles. While several other waffle makers were rated above this one, I just couldn't justify the price for an appliance that, let's face it, will see action maybe twice a month and only really makes one thing. I've seen recipes for making brownies and other things in a waffle maker, but after one disasterous try and a huge mess, we aren't trying it again.
    This waffle maker performs well, isn't too difficult to clean (though I think with a few design modifications it would be a LOT easier). I have had a few problems with slightly burned batches, I think the timer function is a little off. I just have to watch carefully.

Settings/Features
    No real settings or features -- you just plug it in and wait for the light to change.

Does the job

Comments about Toastmaster 4-Section Waffle Maker:

This is an ok waffle maker. Nothing too spectacular about it. It makes a decent waffle, in a decent amount of time. You simple pour your batter in, close the lid and wait for it to cook. It is really simple to use, and storing it is simple as it doesn't take up a lot of storage space. Cleaning it not terrible. You have to do it pretty much as soon as you pull the last waffle out or the cooking spray will get sticky on it and make it much harder to clean. I quickly wipe it down with soap and water and let it sit while we eat, and then go back and rewipe it down again with soap and water and then dry it with a clean cloth. I wish I had invested in a waffle maker with removable plates as that makes cleaning even easier, but this will do. I have never had a waffle burn in this, and they always pop right out when they are done. They usually come out nice and brown and just slightly crisp. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a decent, simple waffle maker.