3.6
T2000WC
Toastmaster 2-Slice Toaster

Toastmaster 2-Slice Toaster

3.6

The Toastmaster sure is durable!

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Toastmaster 2-Slice Toaster:

The Toastmaster toaster we received as wedding gift has been working reliably for many years. This toaster has continued to function even after being dropped (several times) and quickly toasts bread. The only problems have been the guide wires (not the heating filaments) that keep the bread away from heating elements slipped out of position (see earlier note about dropping) and sometimes the bread sits in the slot(s) funny and one edge or corner will get burned. We use our toaster several times a week and it always seems to work well (faster than expected) and cools down very quickly as well so it can be put away if desired. We received the toaster as a gift so I don't know the price, but I'd guess it is moderately priced and seems a good value. It is not particularly stylish just a standard chrome box type with black handle and darkness knob, but has proven rugged and reliable though I think we will try another make/model for our next one.

Toasting Evenness
better when toasting two slices

Safety
cools quickly, filaments guarded by mesh

no trap for crumbs, but just turn over and shake!

see earlier comments

fits most any decor

• Safety:
  • Toasting Evenness:

Toastmaster isn't what it used to be.

from Elmira, NY

Comments about Toastmaster 2-Slice Toaster:

I have many fond memories of mornings at my Grandma's house when I was a little girl. She would make piles of wonderful toast for me and my sisters in the Toastmaster toaster she had been given as a young bride. That toaster is now over 60 years old and is still in perfect working condition. So when my Grandmother gave me a toaster she bought the same brand she had found so reliable for all those years. Unfortunately they really don't make them like they used to. The wonderful chrome and sturdy inner workings have been replaced with cheap plastic and truly flimsy parts. Only a few months after receiving this toaster the inner wire rack that keeps the bread from touching the heating element popped out, and does so on a regular basis. The lever pushes down hard and doesn't catch, so I often find that though it is all the way down it hasn't engaged the switch to turn on the heating element so my bread is still bread, not toast. I am so disappointed that a brand that was once so reliable is now turning out utter rubbish.

Easy as pie!

from Rockford, IL

Comments about Toastmaster 2-Slice Toaster:

When I bought this toaster I thought twice about the brand name.  Toastmaster used to have excellent products, but their quality seemed to have gone downhill within the last 20 years.This, however, seems to be the Toastmaster toaster that (finally!) raises the bar back to where it belongs!My toast comes out evenly toasted, and its settings are true-to-life.  I hate it when other toasters mark one setting as Medium but my toast comes out Scorched.Not here, though!I recommend this to anyone!

It adjusts to the size of the item that is placed in the toaster

from Roselle Park, NJ

Comments about Toastmaster 2-Slice Toaster:

I found the Toastmaster toaster very easy to operate.  The instructions were very simple.  I like the way that it adjusts to the item that is being toasted.  I do not like the fact that the toaster is now being made in China.  I find that products made there are not as good quality as the ones that were being made in the United States.

Cheap Toasting from Toastmaster

from Houston, TX

Comments about Toastmaster 2-Slice Toaster:

Toasters come with few options and few differences. You can select a 2- slice or a 4- slice toaster; a white toaster or a chrome toaster; along with a few other minor choices. There are only a small number of manufacturers of toasters to choose from, but one of the best- known names in toasting is Toastmaster. When I was shopping for a toaster, the majority of them were made by Toastmaster. Having no particular brand loyalty in this area, I decided that Toastmaster must be pretty good, to have such a grip on the market. So, I purchased the Toastmaster T2000WC model, a two- slice toaster.

**Toaster Commentary:                                                                  ** Most of us don't put a lot of effort or thought into the purchase of a toaster. Probably the biggest decision that we make is whether or not we want a 2- slice toaster or a 4- slice toaster. The other features don't really cross our minds. As long as we know the appliance will successfully toast our bread, we tend to be satisfied customers. I purchased Toastmaster T2000WC many years ago without much thought. I didn't need a four slice model. I knew I would be toasting or heating no more than two items at a time so there was no need for a four slice model. This model from Toastmaster was inexpensive and it seemed to have the minimal qualities I needed, so I made the purchase.  I like the way this toaster adjusts itself to accommodate the thickness of the food item. With older models of toasters, your food would lie at an angle, which meant that part of it was closer to the heating coils than the rest. This meant that your piece of toast could have parts that were toasted nicely, and other parts that were blackened from being so close to the coils. One thing to keep in mind, with this toaster, is that certain parts *are* hot to touch, in spite of the "cool wall" claim. You need to remember that only the walls (where the handle is located, and the corresponding opposite side) are cool to touch. The longer sides of the toaster *do* get hot, on the outside.

**Bottom Line:**

Overall, I'm satisfied with my Toastmaster T2000WC model. It's nothing fancy, and not exceptionally attractive to look at. But it *does* get the job done. It toasts food uniformly, and it's easy to clean. It's priced right, too, so I give it a thumbs up recommendation.

Toastmaster T2000WC 2-Slice Toaster: Good for your money!

from Dublin, OH

Comments about Toastmaster 2-Slice Toaster:

We purchased this toaster a few years ago and did not pay very much money for it at all. It is definitely not the most fancy toaster out there, but it does the job just fine. It has a knob that you can turn to choose the level of darkness that you would like to make your toast. We've found that you need to turn it to almost the darkest level for bagels and frozen waffles, but for toast you can just have it on the medium level range. We like that the toaster is silver and black, because it matches the other appliances in our kitchen. Our only complaint is that if you want to cook your toast a little longer after it pops up, it is sometimes very difficult to push the lever back down. Other than that, this toaster is definitely good for your money!

Great price - great product

from Beaufort, SC

Comments about Toastmaster 2-Slice Toaster:

We just recently purchased a two slice toastmaster toaster.  We are very happy with our purchase.  The toaster was one of the more economical choices and it also works very well.  I would highly recommend purchasing this product to anyone that may be considering buying one.

decent product for the buck

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Toastmaster 2-Slice Toaster:

The toaster's setting is very percise makes for a good peace of toast. Looks nice on counter.  It sucks that it's made in china. As far as opperation goes the toaster performes very well.