2.4

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:

Time Warner Austin had very good service

I've had DirecTV since 1998. When I moved to Fort Hood, TX in 2006, they had all these stupid regulations for dishes, so I just got the Time Warner Cable bundle. It was very economical, the TV included in the bundle was more than basic. It had lots of channels. The basic internet service, which they call The Roadrunner was fast enough for my needs. No slow page loads, and the online game play was fine. Phone's a phone. I was totally spoiled by it. My local cable company now is sub-par and I miss my Time Warner Cable.

You can pay online with their Pay Xpress website. I kept forgetting to bookmark it though, and it was hard to find. It wasn't linked from their main web site. You can turn off paper statements there too. I love having that option for all of my bills.

I was probably luckier than most. I lived on a military installation and there was a TWC office there in a building on-post. Once my modem broke. I just unplugged it and motored on over to the Copeland Center and got a new one, so I didn't really have to have a service call. There was never a line in there. They also had a local number for service and if the wait time was a while, you could hang up, it would hold your place in the queue, and call you back when your turn was up.

I thought the on-demand selection was great. It's what I miss with the satellite. They have "hidden" on-demand channels somewhere in the 1400's (I think) you can buy classic movies for 99 cents to $2.00. There are like six channels there from comedy to drama to holidays to kids. I only found out about these from a friend. Way cheaper than renting. I also liked the clock on the cable box. I had to buy clocks to stick on the TV, I got so used to it.

They may be doing this only for on-post military, but I seriously doubt it. Anyone could go into their office in the Copeland Center, not just military, and I didn't get any special kind of package. It seemed like the service was outstanding compared to any other experiences I have had with cable companies.

Time Warner Cable Messed with Me on the Wrong Night For Sure

Tonight I tried to watch TV on Time Warner Cable. I do not watch much TV. I have two boys and two TVS. Do the math. We're talking cartoons on one TV and sports on the other usually. One kid is off at college, so I can now click in with a window of opporunity, though I am not in the habit at this point.

I'm worn out. I click on the TV. I have to turn it off and on again with some new reprogram. I've had to call about this before. They upgrade at TIme Warner. My box is not smart enough to know this without me doing a reset. With the cost of cable, the box oughta be smarter than that. OK. I got the reset.

I press the menu. Squint. Strain. What is this? I get up out of the chair about 8 feet away to go see what Time Warner has done to the menu.

Well, they have made the menu blue with white letters. How very cool. NOT. There is a reason most media is white with black letters like right here at Viewpoints. The whole idea of text is that you can read it. Like DUH. It does not matter how pretty it may look, if you can't read it, then don't bother. I can't read this mess up there on my TV I hardly ever get to watch. Well, I can if I get about a foot away from a fairly large TV. If I have to walk up, then why do I need a remote anyway? Well, the TV does not work without the remote. So, I have to walk up and remote it from a foot away if I do not want Russian roulette TV.

This has not been a good week anyway, and the steam if blowing out my ears. I want a little TV before bed, but I do not want to stand in front of the TV and squint at the new Time Warner fancy blue menu and try to make out the white letters.

I call Time Warner. They have voice options. They do not have one for "want to raise cain." I take "tech." I have to say it twice as Time Warner does not like Southern dialects all that well anyway.

The phone tells me it will be 5 minutes or less. I knew I should have said "new service." That is like 2 seconds. If you need help, it is like forever.

I tell Jeff the tech that I have no tech problems other than I can't read white on blue in small font and can't sit in my darn Lazy Boy and tell what is on TV. I tell him that old folks (and I'm not even old) can't read that and white on blue is not cool.

Jeff tells me that he is "sorry that I [you] feel that way." That is the way wrong thing to tell me. I know that is the standard in customer service. Validate the customer. Well, that is not validation. So. I tell Jeff that "sorry you feel that way" means basically "sorry you are stupid" or "sorry you called." Now, "sorry you can't read white on blue" might mean something. "Sorry you feel that way" says 100% nothing. Think about it. You know I'm right.

I did tell Jeff that I figured he did not make the menu blue with white letters and that it was not his fault that his training program included telling customers "sorry you feel that way." Geez. He's just a working guy too, but give me a break. I don't need a screen I can't read or lame platitudes.

Time Warner has my TV, phone, and Internet. Think I'm not looking around now? You better believe I am. They get about $140 per month from me. If they can't even give me a menu I can read from my chair on the TV, then there are other options for TV and the other services.

I like my bill bundled. I've been fine, for the most part, with Time Warner. It is bad that when it goes out, I'm out of TV, phone, and Internet. But, that's only been a couple of times over the last couple of years. I also hate these updates when my channels do not show at all. That's when I've called. Now, they get this idea to have a neato blue background and white letters that I can't read. Forget that. And, I swear the next time I hear "sorry you feel that way" I am totally going off. Be sorry your service is not meeting my standards. Be sorry that white on blue is hard to read. Do NOT feel sorry that I feel that way, because I am not sorry that I feel that I should be able to sit in my chair and see what is on TV. If that "feeling" is wrong, then I think I can find someone who can serve me better.

The biggest joke

from New York

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

This is by far the worse of the worse. Horrible service that constantly goes out. Customer service is a joke, no one ever knows anything. Becoming part of Spectrum made them even worse and not even sure how that was possible. Worse Company ever!

super good

from 123

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

Worst service ever they took my money which took them about 20 seconds to process then came out and couldn't perform insulation two other times they tried to come and do services but because of the neighbors locked fence and never being home they were unable. Each time they told me that I should talk to the neighbors and set something up with them. Realizing that if something ever happened to my cable will be my responsibility to get neighbors schedule so I can help them do their job. If spectrum or Time Warner or whoever they're changing their name to this week can't actually get service to people that should not take your money. I told the last installation guy that I wanted my service canceled. Yet it never got done so I had to call him and cancel with one person who could actually give me my money back send me to billing who said it was going to take 7 to 10 business days to get my money back for a job they couldn't perform.

This company needs competition - Bad - dishonest

from Greenfield Center, NY

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

You try to change your package to be more competitive one and you get a package and a confirmation number and then you are told that this plan Is not possible. Ground Hog day - basically they messed up and hope that people will stop calling giving them the constant run around. Crazy dishonest company

Spectrum Makes TWC Look Good

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

The rottenest we've ever seen.

Been with them over 20 years and they will not negotiate a deal fitting our needs.

Plan price went up 20% while our pension went up less than 1%.

We only need a basic plan but they will not help us in any way.

Even TWC employees agree that Charter (Spectrum) is a rotten organization.

better do better other options out there

from ohio

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

terrible customer service ive been paying cable for last 15 years. all of a sudden bill goes up to 182.00 a month now its 240.00.cacelled it I m very happy with direct. whyn do the gouge customers? aren't they a large enough conglomerate . the idea of supply and demand is no longer!there are other options bye bye twc

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

A krappy Business by any other name is still krap

from San Antonio tx

SPECTRUM SUCKS

from New Braunfels, tx

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

First off this review system made me rate with at least one star yet I really didn't rate SPECTRUM on the star rating scale because SPECTRUM doesn't even deserve one. I would advice anyone looking to get cable or internet NOT to get SPECTRUM at all cost. If you have direct tv, dish , or AT&T in you area get them first before even thinking of SPECTRUM. Problems I have had they raise my bill consistently. When internet or cable goes out everything goes out not just one or the other it's usually the whole package goes out. Then you call for technical help and it takes 2-5 DAYS for it to be fixed ( and you are billed for those days). You can call and get a supervisor like "Naomi" who is socio apologetic yet in the end cannot do anything for you want to talk to a manager the will call you in 2-3 DAYS that never come. So all in all if you want overpriced internet & cable call them. If you want your bill to go up monthly and to be billed even though you have no service cal SPECTRUM. I cannot wait to be out of the contract and move on to reasonably priced cable. You would think after more than 10 years of service with them the would be more accommodating.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

No reason to say more than they dont have band worth.

from cda.id

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

You cant even watch Hulu. Not enough bandwidth often.. America costs more, and slower than Europe. Ya, were leading edge.. Thanks time/warner and elected officials. Years behind the world for internet. Like they have to care.

Had enough

from Akron Ohio

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

I have had time warner for my cable for the last 15 years. The service has gone downhill, even with them being bought out. As a loyal customer, I no longer qualify for the low rates they show to get people to switch to them. If you are thinking about it because of that low bundle package, don't do it! My bill is now over double that price and I had to add an upgrade package just to get decent Internet speeds. And don't get me started on calls for tech support. They have come out at least 12 times this year and have replaced everything at least once, and by everything, all my boxes, all my lines and the line coming from the street. Last guy that was here said that the lines themselves on the street were too old and needed replaced and the company won't do it.

Only thing available in my area

from Austin, tx

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

I would prefer to have options for cable providers but I do not. This company is terribly expensive. i have called several times to lower my package price and each time I get upgraded to a pakcage that expires and then triples. You can't get a straight answer about prices because they always push the packages. i was told there is no such thing as basic cable anymore. they charge for all the equipment and even extra for wifi.