2.4

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:

Time Warner Austin had very good service

I've had DirecTV since 1998. When I moved to Fort Hood, TX in 2006, they had all these stupid regulations for dishes, so I just got the Time Warner Cable bundle. It was very economical, the TV included in the bundle was more than basic. It had lots of channels. The basic internet service, which they call The Roadrunner was fast enough for my needs. No slow page loads, and the online game play was fine. Phone's a phone. I was totally spoiled by it. My local cable company now is sub-par and I miss my Time Warner Cable.

You can pay online with their Pay Xpress website. I kept forgetting to bookmark it though, and it was hard to find. It wasn't linked from their main web site. You can turn off paper statements there too. I love having that option for all of my bills.

I was probably luckier than most. I lived on a military installation and there was a TWC office there in a building on-post. Once my modem broke. I just unplugged it and motored on over to the Copeland Center and got a new one, so I didn't really have to have a service call. There was never a line in there. They also had a local number for service and if the wait time was a while, you could hang up, it would hold your place in the queue, and call you back when your turn was up.

I thought the on-demand selection was great. It's what I miss with the satellite. They have "hidden" on-demand channels somewhere in the 1400's (I think) you can buy classic movies for 99 cents to $2.00. There are like six channels there from comedy to drama to holidays to kids. I only found out about these from a friend. Way cheaper than renting. I also liked the clock on the cable box. I had to buy clocks to stick on the TV, I got so used to it.

They may be doing this only for on-post military, but I seriously doubt it. Anyone could go into their office in the Copeland Center, not just military, and I didn't get any special kind of package. It seemed like the service was outstanding compared to any other experiences I have had with cable companies.

Time Warner Cable Messed with Me on the Wrong Night For Sure

Tonight I tried to watch TV on Time Warner Cable. I do not watch much TV. I have two boys and two TVS. Do the math. We're talking cartoons on one TV and sports on the other usually. One kid is off at college, so I can now click in with a window of opporunity, though I am not in the habit at this point.

I'm worn out. I click on the TV. I have to turn it off and on again with some new reprogram. I've had to call about this before. They upgrade at TIme Warner. My box is not smart enough to know this without me doing a reset. With the cost of cable, the box oughta be smarter than that. OK. I got the reset.

I press the menu. Squint. Strain. What is this? I get up out of the chair about 8 feet away to go see what Time Warner has done to the menu.

Well, they have made the menu blue with white letters. How very cool. NOT. There is a reason most media is white with black letters like right here at Viewpoints. The whole idea of text is that you can read it. Like DUH. It does not matter how pretty it may look, if you can't read it, then don't bother. I can't read this mess up there on my TV I hardly ever get to watch. Well, I can if I get about a foot away from a fairly large TV. If I have to walk up, then why do I need a remote anyway? Well, the TV does not work without the remote. So, I have to walk up and remote it from a foot away if I do not want Russian roulette TV.

This has not been a good week anyway, and the steam if blowing out my ears. I want a little TV before bed, but I do not want to stand in front of the TV and squint at the new Time Warner fancy blue menu and try to make out the white letters.

I call Time Warner. They have voice options. They do not have one for "want to raise cain." I take "tech." I have to say it twice as Time Warner does not like Southern dialects all that well anyway.

The phone tells me it will be 5 minutes or less. I knew I should have said "new service." That is like 2 seconds. If you need help, it is like forever.

I tell Jeff the tech that I have no tech problems other than I can't read white on blue in small font and can't sit in my darn Lazy Boy and tell what is on TV. I tell him that old folks (and I'm not even old) can't read that and white on blue is not cool.

Jeff tells me that he is "sorry that I [you] feel that way." That is the way wrong thing to tell me. I know that is the standard in customer service. Validate the customer. Well, that is not validation. So. I tell Jeff that "sorry you feel that way" means basically "sorry you are stupid" or "sorry you called." Now, "sorry you can't read white on blue" might mean something. "Sorry you feel that way" says 100% nothing. Think about it. You know I'm right.

I did tell Jeff that I figured he did not make the menu blue with white letters and that it was not his fault that his training program included telling customers "sorry you feel that way." Geez. He's just a working guy too, but give me a break. I don't need a screen I can't read or lame platitudes.

Time Warner has my TV, phone, and Internet. Think I'm not looking around now? You better believe I am. They get about $140 per month from me. If they can't even give me a menu I can read from my chair on the TV, then there are other options for TV and the other services.

I like my bill bundled. I've been fine, for the most part, with Time Warner. It is bad that when it goes out, I'm out of TV, phone, and Internet. But, that's only been a couple of times over the last couple of years. I also hate these updates when my channels do not show at all. That's when I've called. Now, they get this idea to have a neato blue background and white letters that I can't read. Forget that. And, I swear the next time I hear "sorry you feel that way" I am totally going off. Be sorry your service is not meeting my standards. Be sorry that white on blue is hard to read. Do NOT feel sorry that I feel that way, because I am not sorry that I feel that I should be able to sit in my chair and see what is on TV. If that "feeling" is wrong, then I think I can find someone who can serve me better.

No reason to say more than they dont have band worth.

from cda.id

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

You cant even watch Hulu. Not enough bandwidth often.. America costs more, and slower than Europe. Ya, were leading edge.. Thanks time/warner and elected officials. Years behind the world for internet. Like they have to care.

Had enough

from Akron Ohio

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

I have had time warner for my cable for the last 15 years. The service has gone downhill, even with them being bought out. As a loyal customer, I no longer qualify for the low rates they show to get people to switch to them. If you are thinking about it because of that low bundle package, don't do it! My bill is now over double that price and I had to add an upgrade package just to get decent Internet speeds. And don't get me started on calls for tech support. They have come out at least 12 times this year and have replaced everything at least once, and by everything, all my boxes, all my lines and the line coming from the street. Last guy that was here said that the lines themselves on the street were too old and needed replaced and the company won't do it.

Only thing available in my area

from Austin, tx

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

I would prefer to have options for cable providers but I do not. This company is terribly expensive. i have called several times to lower my package price and each time I get upgraded to a pakcage that expires and then triples. You can't get a straight answer about prices because they always push the packages. i was told there is no such thing as basic cable anymore. they charge for all the equipment and even extra for wifi.

Terrible customer service

from Bowling Green, Ky

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

I was a customer with TWC for about a year and it was nothing but constant issues with them. The actual service was decent but when it came to bill time or having to speak to anyone on the phone, they were absolutely terrible. Hard to find someone that fluently speaks English and is willing to help you. They're mostly concerned about their money and that's it.

TERRIBLE customer service!

from Henderson, KY

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

I was promised a specific rate for my cable/internet - good for 1 YEAR (promised on 4/16/15 by Norman ID#214402). I have been grossly overcharged. So, I called customer service 6 days ago. After the first representative (Victor ID # 2603118) told me my issue was a "fairytale" AND after I talked to THREE MORE representatives & still hadn't gotten resolution, I was told by Philnesia, ID# 231670, that a supervisor would be informed of all the specifics of my complaint (so, you know, I wouldn't have to tell my story a FIFTH time) & was told said supervisor would call me back within 24 - 48 hours,. That was SIX DAYS ago & I'm still waiting. Not wanting to go through the hassle of phone calls AGAIN, I thought, I'd try chat to at least put it back on the radar that I was STILL WAITING for a call from a supervisor. So, on chat, I was told I would get a call in a couple of minutes. And I did! But.... NOT FROM A SUPERVISOR! Instead, it was from YET ANOTHER representative that wanted me to - YES, you got it - tell them AGAIN what my issue was because this person had no idea! When I asked AGAIN, to simply let me speak with a supervisor, I was told they could not do that without me telling them all the specifics AGAIN. I refused to do so & hung up the phone, thinking surely to God by now, with all those "recorded phone calls" and notes of 4 separate representatives AND a chat "record", that a competent supervisor could surely read/listen to those transcripts & call me back prepared to discuss how they could take care of me, their "valued customer" as they kept calling me. Haha. So, back to my chat representative who told me he would "escalate" me to another team member -even though, I have been clear, that without a supervisor, I'm not going over all of this again. So, this escalation specialist proceeded to tell me that if I wanted to speak to a supervisor, I WOULD HAVE TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO REQUEST that. Hahaha - Haven't I already done that? SIX DAYS AGO?!?

Time Warner over billing

from Louisvlle, KY

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

If you have Time Warner Cable/Internet you may wish to examine you Statement. You could be billed for something you did not ask for, e.g., Home WiFi. When I found this added billing and complained that I did not ask for Home WiFi and had no use for it, their comment was: "We provided the service, so there is no refund." Excuse me, how can it be a service if it cannot be used? So, I cancelled my Internet service and told them that I would be buying cable boxes and they would be losing all billing to my account (my complex provides the basic charge). Guess what? My cable is out and it will take three (3) days to get a Tech out to correct the problem. Coincidence? Maybe not? If you have Time Warner Internet, you should examine your bill for a charge that has something you did not ask for.

Horrible billing representation. Call records when convinien

from Leonia NJ

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

Customer service was sarcastic. They dont have call records when is convinience for them in terms of billing. Never going back to this company. Horrible experience

Time Warner Cable- Worst Experancie Ever

from Dallas TEXAS

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

I hired Time Warner Cable for my TV and Wi-FI.I had their attempt at service for a year.
It took them 6 mounths to get the signal correct.5 different contractors all blaming the last contractor to get it right. I had to get on the phone and renegotiate the promised price of my bill at least 5 times.I canceled my service with them. took back their equipment. I was told I would receive a credit for my last payment whitch I asked them not to debit. 3 weeks go by. instead of a credit I get a call from a collection agency!!
It took me 4 more houres on the phone to get Time Warner Cable to correct their mistake. NIGHTMARE

Time Warner Cable Worst Customer Service & Tech Support!!

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

Time Warner Cable technologically is behind the other cable tv providers in that their equipment is large and cumbersome. They do not have wireless receivers which all other cable provider have had for years. Therefore, if you have a wall mounted tv you must have a cable running to it for the signal. Time Warner television ap does not access your recorded programs and is not supported on most smart tv's (it needs allot of improvement).
They are a bait and switch company, stating their ap's and services to do what they cannot do. I had an appointment scheduled between 2:00-3:00 PM. The tech did not show and there was no call. I called Time Warner. They said your appointment was cancelled. I said who cancelled it? They said it was done due to an error. This does not explain why they did not notify me. Have been on the phone for two plus hours battling with representatives and a supervisor. Now they want to split the second repeat visit into two different visits on two separate days! They waste your time!!

Total incompetence

from Orange County, CA

Comments about Time Warner Cable Company:

The incompetency from this company is mind-blowing.

TWC was due to install TV/phone/internet at my place between 11-12 today. That date was based on my TV carrier contract ending today. By 11 am no-one had arrived. I spent over an hour on the phone with two ladies in the Phillipines and two here in the States. The recording said I had been scheduled for 9:00am the FOLLOWING day. I would never have scheduled that time as I am leaving for overseas tonight! They said a tech had called this morning and no-one answered but they did NOT even leave a message. I was here the whole morning. No call or message. After talking to all 4 people they said they have no technician available to come out today at all. So when I return from overseas there will be no TV or internet. I am so angry and frustrated. I am already thinking this TWC deal is a huge mistake.

Talk about one hand not knowing what the other is doing. They screwed up completely
and said they'd give a $20 credit - which doesn't come close to the inconvenience.
These huge companies simply don't care - they are quick to take your money though!!