Other Bathroom Cleaners:
Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover

Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover

Pros

Cons

Tilex Mildew Root is almost magical in how well it works!

I bought this product because after using the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner, we had ALOT of nasty mildew.  We had never had mildew before and have lived here for a year and a half.  Since I needed a mildew remover because of the SBASC total FAIL, I bought Tilex Mildew Root.  I was, and am, completely satisfied with the results.  The mildew that magically appeared after using the SBASC for 3 weeks (which we never had a problem with before) was totally eliminated after one use of Tilex Mildew Root.

Tilex Mildew Root is said to have powerful foaming action, attack mildew at its roots, remove ugly mildew stains without scrubbing, disinfect as it kills 99.9% of common household mold and mildew. My experience using this product is that it does spray out in a foam and has strong fumes and odor, so I would recommend opening a window when using it, or using it right before leaving the house for awhile. It contains bleach, so be sure to follow the directions on the bottle to prevent any accidents. It seems to have completely eliminated the mildew and removed the stains easily (I was very pleased with the ease of use...I sprayed the shower, left it for about 10 minutes, then rinsed it). I would have to agree with the products claims because it has been over a week since I used the Tilex Mildew Root, and there is no sign of mildew.

Tilex Mold and Mildew Remover works well on mildew

Tilex Mold and Mildew Remover works well on removing the mildew that had built up in our bathroom. We are a large family that has the shower being used almost steadily throughout the day . Our exhaust fan is not able to keep up with the moisture so we have some mold and mildew problems. I have tried different products to no avail but Tilex mold and mildew Remover worked to remove most of the mildew from the tub and also worked on painted walls and ceiling. The main dislike of this product though is the strong chlorine fumes-they burn my eyes and make me cough even with the window open for ventiation. Make sure to have lots of ventilation when you use Tilex Mold and  Mildew Remover and wear gloves as it dries out your skin if you come in contact with it .It works on mold and mildew but you will need something else to cleam soap scum from the shower as this product does not work well for that.

A scrub free product that really works!

Comments about Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover:

I can't recommend this product highly enough.This stuff is great. I wish I had found it sooner! It's so easy to use. All I need to do to clean a surface is spray it on, let it sit, then rinse it off. Truly, it's that simple! Everything is fresh again. Before I started using Tilex, I had to suit up with my rubber gloves, use a lot of elbow grease and scrub, scrub, scrub to get things clean. More then once, I ended up damaging a surface with all the scrubbing. But with Tilex, it gets the hard jobs done without the wear and tear or extra effort.Plus, all those icky jobs like cleaning sinks and toilets become hands off! That's a huge win in my book. It's my go to cleaning products and I keep one under every sink in the house! A couple things to keep in mind when using it, it will bleach your clothes so take caution. Also the fumes are pretty strong so be sure to leave the door open, turn on the fan, and or open a window.

Works almost as claimed

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover:

I'm not sure if I have expectations that are too high, but I I believe this product also claims to be some kind of super strength, just like many of the other ones I've tried. When I see the name, I expect this product to do a good job of cleaning the grout, the tile and removing the harder areas of dirt and grime. It does work, but it takes a lot more effort on my part than I prefer. Even when I spray it on and leave it to soak, it doesn't get all the grime off. I particularly had hoped it would work in the hard to get corners, but sadly, it disappoints there as well. If this were just a regular product (rather than one that states it will remove mold and mildew), I would say it is effective. But since it claims to remove both mold and mildew, I have to say it falls short of meeting that claim. The spray bottle is easy to use. It's just like every other one like it, and the smell is nothing special either. I had hoped this one would be the one, but it turns out to be pretty much like all the rest.

Say goodbye to mold and mildew

Comments about Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover:

Overall, Tilex does its job in removing the mold and mildew from the shower even in those small crooks of the shower. It takes a bit of work to remove everything, but Tilex is able to effectively clean your shower. I've used it for years and it has always done its job well. However, I warn you all that it does give off a strong smell, and it roams through my entire house to the point where I open doors and windows to waft off the smell. However, it always works for me whenever I have bad mold growth in my showers. It effectively stops the problems at its roots and prevents it from coming back.

Tilex does its job in removing the mold and mildew from my shower tiles. It does take a bit of scrubbing, but my shower always looks brand new after I clean it.

There is an EXTREMELY strong scent to this Tilex product, I recommend a mask or something to help mask the smell because it can be extremely unbearable. I always have to warn the rest of the family because the fumes spread throughout the house depending on which shower I'm cleaning, To some it smells okay, but for me, I can't clean unless I have something covering my nose.

Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover works well

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover:

We have a very small bathroom that does not get proper ventilation. So much moisture is created during showers, especially during the winter time, that tends to cause mold and mildew. I have tried many mold and mildew removers, Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover being one of them. Tilex cleaners have been around a long time and I think they work well. I like that this is a spray which makes it easier to use. This product is affordable and widely available.

Tilex works well to remove mold and mildew that gets built up in my bathtub grout. I also use it to clean the walls right above the shower because mildew tends to accumulate there too. I spray it directly on the mold and mildew and let it sit for a while. Then I use a scrub brush or cloth to wipe it off. I use this to clean my toilet and sink as well. It does a really good job of cleaning and sanitizing my bathroom.

This smells very strongly of bleach. If you want the cleaning and sanitizing properties of bleach then you have to deal with the smell also. I highly recommend opening a window or turning a fan on or both.

Great for our older bathroom

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover:

Our bathroom is old, as in 1980s old, but our redecorating budget does not allow for new tiles. I have scoured the market for a cleaner that will take away the grime and dirt that some twenty plus years has done to our tiles. This product from Tilex is fantastic. Easy to spray on and even easier to wipe off. There is never any streaking and no film ever. I use this in conjunction with a stain eraser sponge. Dark marks, moldy marks, and discolorations are gone. The tiles look brighter. The smell is so fantastic as well. It has a nice almost detergent like smell that made my shower area smell nice two to there days after I clean with it.

Great job of really taking the film and grime off of my tiles. The mold along the tub line is finally gone and dark marks and moldy marks get erased. I love that there is never any film left and when I use this with an eraser sponge it really cleans well!

Love the slightly floral disinfecting scent. It lasts two to three days after I clean my shower area.

Works great, could use a better scent

Comments about Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover:

Out of the three bathroom cleaners I use this one seems to work the best, but it smells the worst. I usually wind up wearing a face mask which is pretty annoying when you are trying to clean. Even with the lousy smell i still prefer to use this product over the others because it is excellent at cleaning. My boyfriend is a mechanic so our bathroom gets pretty gross, but I use this on the floor, sink, toilet, shower tiles and even the mirrors! Between the dust and moisture in our bathroom we get this really gross thick brown residue on our floors and this is the only cleaner that takes that stuff off without me scrubbing my knuckles off. It works great on the tiles of our shower, and it does a decent job removing water stains in the tub, but i usually use another product for that specific task that works slightly better and smells better. I use this as a toilet bowl cleaner as well, it just requires a little brushing and little more manual labor than the tablet products but its worth it.

It Works!

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover:

This is a product that really works. I admit that cleaning the shower is not my favorite job, but this makes fast work. It does have a strong odor, but it disinfects as well as cleans mildew and mold in your shower. It also works on ceramic floors. I have used it on a very stubborn stain on cotton and linen white items. Since they were unusable with the stains, I figured trying Tilex couldn't make things worse. Tilex worked well on 100% cotton white t shirts and polos.

When cleaning, remember Tilex is chlorine bleach. It will bleach your clothing if you drip on it.

Simply said, it works. It removes mold and usually gets grout as clean as new. I recommend weekly use. Letting mold get to the point of seeping into the grout makes for an impossible task for any product.

It is a strong scent. I tend to spray heavily into my shower and leave the room with the windows or door open for a few minutes. After I give the Tilex time to work, I rinse the sower. I can then spray and attack any places that need a bit more.

Tilex kills mold and mildew!

from Dallas, GA

Comments about Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover:

No matter what we do to try and avoid it, it seems like mold and mildew continue to grow in our shower. I finally tried Tilex Mold and Mildew remover and all I can say is "wow!". You just spray it on and the mold and mildew disappear. I know it has bleach in it but bleach alone stinks so bad and it takes so much of it. This cleaner wipes out the nasty stuff and leaves my shower and my sinks sparkling clean. No scrubbing is required. You just let it sit and then rinse it away with water. I love the effortlessness of it! I have tried other mold and mildew cleaners and this by far is the best to me. Some of the others require you to scrub the area in addition to spraying it and letting it sit. I don't have the time or the energy to spend an hour scrubbing my shower clean. Why should I when I can just spray and rinse. I would definitely recommend Tilex Mold and Mildew cleaner to anyone with mold and/or mildew. You will not regret it. Just be sure to use it in a well ventilated area and don't get it on your clothes (it will take the color out).

Tilex does what it says it will do.

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover:

Tilex Mold and Mildew Remover does what it says it will do. It does work very well in the showers to remove any mold or mildew. I do not like the smell, etc. but is a great product and I have been using it for years.

Does what it says.

I do not like the smell, etc.

Tilex does a decent job at handling mold and mildew problems.

Comments about Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover:

Tilex mold and mildew spray is and "okay" product to use occasionally, overall. The trigger spray makes it easy to target areas needing it, but the chemical make-up of it can set off asthma attacks in sensitive lungs.

This product is highly useful in bathroom areas where there is grouting between the tiles. It is clumsy to scrub them by hand and Tilex's spray bottle makes it quite easy to cover the whole area needing treated. This is the only reason I will use this product every once in awhile.

I'm not really fond of the scent of Tilex mold and mold and mildew cleaner at all. I have a child with asthma and I swear that it flares up nearly every time I use it in his bathroom for cleaning. It is a harsh chemical smell, and even though the warning label says to use this product in a well-ventilated area...well, if the area, (in my case, the bathroom), were well-ventilated in the first place, I wouldn't have mold and mildew issues to begin with.