Other Rice Cookers & Steamers:
Tiger Corporation
Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker

Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker

Awesome rice cooker!!!!

This rice cooker is a present for my from Christmas about two years ago, and I have used it at least 3 times a week, and it's the most wonderful present I could have ever gotten. IT's very easy to use. You just put your rice into the aluminum pot and fill it up with water and then you put the pot into the rice cooker and plug in the power cord. Then, with just one finger press, your rice starts cooking. It takes about 30 minutes for your rice to cook, and it's relatively faster than my friend's rice cooker. I like the light indicator, saying whether the rice is cooking or if the rice cooker is just keeping your rice warm. I also love the floral design on the outside of the rice cooker and my rice cooker doens't look so boring because of the pretty floral images!!! THe handle is easy to grasp as well.

Average but decent rice cooker

My family eats rice everyday, so it was important that we have a good rice cooker. There are a few things I do like about this rice cooker, but I think for the price, one could purchase a much better one. This rice cooker is easy to clean and cooks rice in about half an hour, give or take. Unlike other rice cookers, this rice cooker has a floral design for aesthetic looks. However, there are very little options that the rice cooker has. I prefer rice cookers with different options, such as white rice, brown rice, steaming, etc. This rice cooker does a sufficient job warming up rice, but I've found that it does not retain the moisture as well as I'd like it to. Overall, I'd recommend this rice cooker for those who consume lots of rice and like its simplicity.

Cooks and reheats rice within a sufficient time, but does not keep the moisture in well.

Easy to clean since the bowl is smooth and nons-stick

This rice cooker has very few options, making it easy for children and elderly people to use, but the ease was also a negative for me since I prefer mre options.

I've used this rice cooker for at least 3 years. Everything still works perfectly, but I dislike the non-stick bowl, since it is peeling.

There are too few options and I would prefer a stainless steel bowl to prevent any peeling. The floral design is nice for those who like decorations and not all the other plain rice cookers that are sold.

Easy to use and makes great rice!

from Moscow ID

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Cooks Evenly
  • Easy To Clean
  • Good Flavor
  • Multi-purpose
  • Quick and Easy

• Side Dishes

Comments about Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker:

i am not the best rice maker, but with this rice cooker, my rice comes out fluffy everytime. i love that i can throw rice and water in a pot, set the buttons and then tahdah it is done. no hassle, easy to clean, makes a great side for all my meals!

Easy to use and affordable

from Torrance, CA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Cooks Evenly
    • Easy To Clean
    • Good Flavor
    • Quick and Easy

• Creative Meals
      • Side Dishes
      • Vegetables

Comments about Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker:

This type of rice cooker is both affordable and easy to use. Preparing meals can be a hassle, but with a rice cooker like this you'll be able to get out of trouble fast and easy. Just throwing in the rice and water, will get you delicious plain rice in no more than about 10 minutes. Mix in some vegetables and two 8 oz pieces of salmon or tuna, and you will have yourself a delicious steamed fish with rice and veggies for dinner. In no more than 30 to 45 minutes, you can have a delicious, nutritious, and affordable dinner you will want to make again.

Great rice cooker, makes it easier to make dinner.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker:

I have never been a fan of cooking rice on the stovetop. If you don't do it exactly right and pay attention to it, it either gets mushy or burnt very easily.

That's why I got this rice cooker. It makes it easier to cook dinner, and I don't have to keep my undivided attention on the rice while I am making the rest of my dinner. I even like that I can make my rice earlier on in the day or while I'm doing chores, and it will cook the rice for me and keep it warm until the rest of my dinner is ready.

Everything I use the Tiger rice cooker I get perfectly cooked rice that is never burnt or mushy. I love that I can cook any type of rice and as much of rice as I want in here without worry that it is going to overflow or not come out right.

If you don't have a rice cooker already, this is a great staple to have in your home if you eat rice for dinner almost everyday like I do.

This rice cooker has lasted me for many years, and it's still going strong.

I always get perfect rice everything I use this rice cooker. It never comes out burnt or mushy. It doesn't take that long to cook rice either.

It's very easy to clean. The metal bowl on the inside can be removed, and rinses with soap and water. If the outside gets dirty a wet paper towel can be used to wipe it off with a little bit of soap.

All you have to do it put your desired kind of rice and amount of rice into the rice cooker. Add however many cups of water it calls for, then plug it in, and let it do it's work. When it's done it will turn off by itself and keep your rice warm. Which is the great thing about it, it has an automatic self warm.

This is a very durable rice cooker, and I have had the same one for many years. i have not had a problem with it at all. It still works great. The plastic on the outside is very thick and though. It can not be broken easily.

It's simple and easy to use design. I think it's prettier then your average rice cooker because it has the pink flowers on the outside. I still think it fits with any kitchen décor though. It's a nice change from the regular silver and black utilities.

Great rice cooker

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker:

I really love this rice cooker, it makes eight cups of rice in minutes, that is why it is great to me.
      The Tiger rice cooker is very easy to clean and it makes rice perfect. It has a water tray on the side so you can remove water that drains from the lid.

The rice cooker is good at making rice, it takes around ten to fifteen minutes to make rice.
      The rice always cooks perfect, which is great.

It is very easy to clean, a wet cloth will work just fine for the exterior. The rice cooker also has a water collector on the side which collects water that drips down from the lid of the rice cooker. I recommend unplugging the rice cooker before you start cleaning it for safety reasons.

It is very easy to use just press the button and then your done, it changes the rice cooker from cook to keep warm, and from warm to cook.

It has a very beautiful design, there are flowers on the exterior of the unit and believe me it's beautiful.

The best way to cook rice.

Comments about Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker:

I received the Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker as a house warming gift when I first moved into my home. I honestly never thought that I would need such a machine to cook rice. I find rice very easy to make on the stove top and not at all troubling, but one day when all four of the stove top burners will in use at the same time, I needed to use the Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker to make the rice.
      From the first use, I was able to perfect the rice. The rice came out cooked to exactly the way I wanted it, and it did not much into each other. I just put the rice with some water and a pinch of salt, and let it cook. I love using it. It has become the only way for me to make rice. When I want to get fancy, I add other ingredients to the rice and let it cook in it as well. I add raisins, canned corn, or even canned beans. The rice never sticks to the bottom of the cooker, and like I said, it does not much together either.
      The only thing I do not like about the Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker is cleaning it. For some reason I have a hard time cleaning it. I can never get it to shine. Other than that, it's a great device and it's very pretty as well.

Whats the point?

from Rome,GA

Comments about Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker:

My wife got this for a birthday present about a year ago. We tried it out and found it to be for lack of a better word [pointless. It is a very nice looking unit but it doesn't really make anything easier or better as far as cooking rice. The stand alone unit seemed to be a good idea but as we began to use it we felt it was sort of a waste of time and effort that could be better spent with normal cooking pots. This unit in no way is a bad product we may just be the wrong consumer for such a product. It is very well built unit and it does just what it is supposed to do but I see no point in owning a specific single task unit for cooking rice.

The rice cooker is a very well made unit and performs very well.

The unit is fairly easy to clean, it would be nice if it came apart a little easier.

This is an easy to use unit once it is set up , but it seems to me it would be just as easy to cook rice in a normal pot, as I always have.

I would have to say the unit is durable but I haven't used it much nor do I intend to.

The rice cooker is nicely designed and has a nice floral print on it, it looks great and is designed well.

An Awesome Basic Rice Cooker

from Blaine, WA

Comments about Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker:

This is the bare basics to a necessary rice cooker in all Chinese household.

Does the job well

Generally easy to clean, but I get rice stuck in the latch part and hard to get out. And the moisture collector is sometimes hard to clean since it is so small.

Very easy to use!

Have had this rice cooker for many years and still works like a charm.

Best Rice Cooker To Own

Comments about Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker:

I am in love with this rice cooker. I eat a lot of meals with rice on a daily basis and this has lasted for about five years for me. It is not too heavy to carry if you want to bring it along for certain events or are moving and it is very durable so it does not have a big chance of breaking. The design is beautiful with the floral prints on it with pink and orange color that surround the white surface. A very simple way to make it stand out. The grip on top can pretty much be used for all hand sizes. However, the whole thing is a little bulky for tight and small spaces. What I like most about this rice cooker is that it cooks much faster than ones I have previously owned. The rice finishes cooking after about 30 minutes. Another perk is that the rice doesn't stick to pot inside once it is cooked so that helps with serving. What I like best is that there are two settings, one to cook and one to keep it warm for awhile. It also has lights to indicate when it is done cooking and when it is keeping the rice warm. Overall, this is a great item to have and can get fairly cheap during sales.

After about two days with rice still in it, it dries to the sides so it begins to be a hassle to pry them off. It helps if you soak the removable pot for awhile in warm water and then attempt to clean it.

Tiger Rice Cooker

from Cumberland, RI

Comments about Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker:

I have tried various brands of rice cooker but none live up to my simple expectation. I just need a non-stick rice cooker.

Finally after doing more research, I bought Tiger Rice Cooker after recommendation from family members.

I have used it for more than a year and have been very satisfied. It does not stick. Even though some other brand says non-stick but after a few months, the coating starts to peel. But not Tiger Rice Cooker.

It is a simple press and cook. No other buttons like cooking other varieties of rice. This is meant more for beginners cook or just want simple white rice. I have not used the steam basket that was included.

I bought this 8-cup rice cooker which is a tad too big for my family of 2. I was in a hurry to get one at that time, and the store that I bought from do not have the smaller capacity. But I have used it for family gathering and friend's party and it is a good size for that. If I were to buy again, probably I would choose the 3-cup which is meant for family.

I would definitely recommend to my friends and family.

perfect size rice cooker

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Tiger Corporation 8-Cup Rice Cooker:

My husband and daughters all love rice. Me, not so much. This rice cooker is perfect for my family's needs. Cooking the rice in this is effortless and my family loves it. Just put the rice in the inner pot, cover with water, place the pot in the cooker and press the button to start it cooking. Your rice cooks quickly, it's usually done in about fifteen minutes. And it tastes great (or so my family tells me). This cooker will also keep the rice warm for you for quite a while after it has cooked. The cooker itself has a beautiful flower design, so it looks really pretty in my kitchen. This rice cooker is inexpensive and it is really simple to use. It is durable and since it isn't heavy, you can easily move it from one place to another, or even take it with you if you are attending a carry in dinner. Just set it on your counter when you need to use it and put it in the cabinet when you are done. I highly recommend this rice cooker.