Other Cat Litters:
Tidy Cats
Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter

Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter

• Odor Control:

It does keep the cats Tidy

I didn't think I would ever be writing a review on cat litter since I have been a dedicated Febreeze pellet fan for several years but we took in a kitten that wouldn't take to that system so I had to buy litter.  After going through several different brands of litter, we (the cat and myself) have settled on Tidy Cat litter as our choice for his indoor existance.  This product has minimal dust when pouring, has a great scent that seems to last for up to a week and clumps well for both urine and feces.  Another plus is that Peanut doesn't track much of this product out of the cat box which means less cleanup for me.  Granted, I love the pellet system best but for my choicy little yellow cat, it beats the other alternatives such as my bathroom rug, the floor or kitchen carpet.

Tidy Cats has a great product and I am so grateful that both cat and owner are happy with this choice.  They have several formulas but we prefer the cannister with the light blue lid.  It has a pleasant smell we both can tolerate.

Sandy

Poor Odor Control

I have three cats and need a cat litter that clumps and scoops easily and that has good odor control so I can keep their litter boxes and my house clean and odor free.  I've tried many brands including Tidy Cats.  This brand clumps well and is easily scoopable.  The cats don't seem to track it around any more than any other litter.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of dust either.  The problem with this litter is that it does not control urine odor very well at all.  Even with regular scooping, the smell of urine is very strong even after only one use.  For the price you pay for this litter I would expect it to perform better than the cheapest brands out there, but it doesn't.  I'm much happier with other brands.  I've tried all different varieties of this brand too, multiple cat, small spaces, etc and none of them control the odor very well at all.  I might only try this again if they change their formula.

Tidy Cat Litter

from Phoenix, AZ

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Good Value

• Multiple Cats

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

Tidy Cat is an OK product. I have two cats, and frankly, no matter what, the cat litter still smells. I try to clean it out every day, at least once a day, and change the litter at least once a week. I have two litter trays so I alternate each one, each week. This is sufficient for the two cats. I think Tidy Cat is a good product. I am not sure how to compare it with other cat litters for multiple cats, but I would say it works. It is easy to use (scoop the nasty stuff out) and does not make a lot of dust from what I can tell. It comes in large enough packaging so that you have enough litter for a few changes and you don't have to constantly keep buying it. The package is large and heavy, but manageable, especially because the price is right when you buy the large packaging. I use a small bowl to scoop out the litter from the Tidy Cat box into the litter tray. It is not messy at all. This is a product I would recommend to cat owners.

great addition to my litter box

from St. Paul, MN

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Change
    • Good Value
    • Long-Lasting
    • Pet Likes It
    • Reduces Odor

• Multiple Cats

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

I have gone through a lot of different litters for my 2 indoor cats over the years. When I first got them I always used a more expensive brand because its what my parents used on my childhood cats and they swore by it. But, honestly it was just so expensive I felt like I needed to branch out and try something new.
      I am a bit picky about some litter, I HATE dusty litter, I cant stand dumping litter in a box and having dust fly up in my face. Gross. I also hate when the litter doesn't clump well. It has to clump well or I won't use it. This is one of the cheapest litters I found that is NOT dusty and actually clumps great! If you're looking for an affordable litter this is a great one to choose.

Better than most for multiple cats

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

Overall, I prefer Tidy Cat to most any other scoopable cat litter. A little on the expensive side unless it's on sale and you can find a coupon.

Moisture Absorption
      I have multiple cats because I rescue and I've tried many brands of cat litter. Tidy Cat, is by far the best on the market that comes in a large container for a reasonable price. I gave this a 9 for Moisture, because I do notice some of the moisture settling to the bottom of the litter box. I keep the litter at least 2 inches deep or more. I have bought litters that you literally had to use a scraper to dig the litter off the bottom of the box like cement, but Tidy Cat never does that.

When you have multiple cats and 8 litter boxes, you need a litter that is easy to clean. I find Tidy Cat, very easy to scoop. Only now and then, do I have a small amount stuck to the bottom of the box. That may be due to whichever cat it is digging their hole to the bottom. I don't notice much dust when scooping this litter out either like some other brands.

Odor Control
      Although the litter itself has a very nice odor to it, it doesn't seem to mask the odor of some of my cats. I have noticed that some of the new scents they have out seem to be too strong for the cats and they don't seem to care for it as much so I had to mix it with another Tidy Cat variety. I buy about 140 lbs of litter a month and sometimes buy different selections. Tidy cat is all good, regardless of which variety I get. The Dual Power is the one that seems to be a little to strong for some of them.

Although I love the reusable container that Tidy Cat comes in, it's very heavy and hard to handle. However, I would not want to have to buy 35lbs of litter in a bag. The tabs, for me, are very hard to get off the container, but once opened, I just use a scoop to remove the litter from the pail. Once the pail is empty, I wash it and use it to store my dry cat food in. Keeps it fresh and dry.

• Odor Control:

Best cat litter on the market

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

This is by far the best cat litter on the market. I have tried about every kind that is manufactured from the cheapest, basically rock like litter to the most expensive kind. Tidy Cats is definitely the best in odor control and scoop-ability. I have two cats and a huge litter box that is covered. With other litters, when you open the box the inside stinks so bad you want to throw up; even after just one or two days in between cleanings. When you use Tidy Cats, there is virtually no smell at all! It clumps so well, but for the liquids you have to wait awhile for it to be harden to easily remove. It also does not waste a whole lot. Some litters will clump, but you end up removing half of the litter just to remove a small amount of waste; this is not the case with this litter. It also is very reasonable on the price. You do not have to change every single day to keep the smell down and the cats will still use it because it keeps their box fresh. Definitely recommend this product to cat lovers across the globe!

A really good cat liter

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

I do in fact have multiple cats in my house and Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter is a great cat liter. It is often my first choice when I go to buy cat liter. It smells nice and it has a great appearance. It has medium sized granules in comparison to other cat litters which range in different sizes. Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat holds orders very well. although I see it, I have never actually smelled my cat's waste when using this product in the litter box. It clumps well and it makes removing small amounts of cat waste quite easy daily if I don't choose to totally empty and refill the litter box with all fresh litter.

Moisture Absorption
      The moisture absorption is great. I have never noticed any moisture on the bottom of the litter box when I totally remove all of this litter. Nor have I ever seen Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats to neglect to clump and retain any and all moisture that my cat's waste may produce.

The easy of cleaning is great. It does not stick to the sides or bottom of the litter box, nor does it leave any stains of any kind on the bottom or walls of the litter box.

Odor Control
      The odor control is great. I have never smelled any odor coming from the litter box when I use this product.

The ease of use is perfect.

One of the best Kitty Litters around

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

Tidy Cats litter is one of the best litters for your cats.It is very effective at controlling the cat odor and it clumps up well so that you can just scoop it out of the litter box. I only have one cat so his litter box is never too bad as he does tend to go outside most of the time, but when I go away and leave him in, he has to use the litter box. I never notice a smell at all when I use this litter. The price is not bad at all either. It is very reasonable and often on sale. You do not have to change every single day. You can scoop out what you need to scoop out easily.I generally change his litter every two or three days when I use Tidy cat and even then there is no smell. It also will clump up your cats urine but that still seems to remain a bit wet in the litter. I try to take out what I need to as soon as possible as I hate litter boxes. Tidy Cat helps with that chore and I definitely recommend this product to cat owners as it works great and the price is very reasonable.

• Odor Control:

Great addition to having cats

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

I have owned cats for a number of years and having he best litter has always been a huge concern of mine. I have gone through a number of different brands and consider this particular brand to be among the best. I like this brand because it can be used for multiple cats at the same time, for a good amount of time before changing it out. I say this because some times my work schedule is hectic and I don't have the time to change it consistently on the same day of the week.

Moisture Absorption
      This product does an excellent job of absorbing cat urine and trapping it so that you can barely smell it.

The clumping action of this product is superior. I like that it is consistent in that area where even my children can scoop.

Odor Control
      I am only giving this a 9 because while it does a pretty good job, there is a noticeable smell after a couple of days coming from the litter box. It is not overpowering, but it is noticeable.

Very easy to use this product.

• Odor Control:

Cats used it but clumping and odor control could be better.

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

For the price it's a decent product if you clean regularly. It you let it sit a couple of days the clumps are not easy to scoop and the odor is hard to get rid of. My cats did not seem to mind it though, so I finished the entire container. I went through it faster than other litter because I was cleaning it out more frequently. In the end I am not sure I saved much. I added some baking soda to the litter and that seemed to improve the odor control.

Moisture Absorption
      It never quite dried up too well, in my opinion. So if the clumps were left a little too long it got difficult to sift and lift the clumps out. They were sometimes like clay lumps that disintegrated while scooping. My cats do not like moist litter too much so I had to scoop it out regularly and leave the freshly soiled areas for a later time.

if you cleaned regularly it was fairly easy to clean. I cleaned it multiple times a day which was sometimes a pain.

Odor Control
      I had to add baking soda on some days.

I hate this litter

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

The only good thing about this litter is the plastic container it comes in. My mother loves them to put her clay in for her pottery. Other than that, there isn't anything redeeming about this product.

Moisture Absorption
      I have it a four on this because while it does technically absorb the moister, it also made it stick to the bottom and walls of the litter box. Gross. It also made the box smell worse over time since it absorbed all the moisture, but didn't contain any of the smell.

Every time you try to clean the wet spots it just crumbles apart!

Odor Control
      Ha! There is none. It does nothing to help control odor when my cat first goes, and nothing to contain it later, and nothing to contain it when you go to clean it. There is no odor control here, so if you buy this litter, do yourself a favor and buy a clothespin for your nose too, you'll need it.

this container is awesome for a ton of other stuff, just not litter. The way the box is designed it make it very difficult to have a low controlled pour. Even the handle becomes a hindrance if you try and use that to help control your pour of litter. Once you get it in the box and your cat uses it you'll have a whole new challenge with this litter. Not only does it crumble on contact, so good luck getting the clumps, but it also releases extra bursts of horrible foul smelling ammonia. It's like one of those air fresheners with bursts of smell throughout the day, only this one is from hell and smells like it.

Tidy Cats scoopable cat litter

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

Okay so anyone with a cat knows that the one most important thing you need your litter to do is to control odor. This litter smells great, for one day. As soon as my cat went in it, even after I scooped it out, all I smelled was dirty litter. It's gross and I had to add baking soda to it just to attempt to mask the odor more. The one thing it does do well is clumping, I had no issues with scooping the stuff out, or with it falling apart. Tidy Cats really needs to work on the odor masking part of this stuff, I will not buy again until they do.

Moisture Absorption
      Absorbs urine very well and forms a nice solid clump for easy scooping.

Clumps came right up with my scoop.

Odor Control
      Horrible odor control! My cat went once, I scooped immediately, and all I smelled was dirty litter. I had to add baking soda and had to completely change after just 3 days.

Just dump it in your litter box, easy as that. Lid snaps on so you can store and not have spills everywhere.