Other Cat Litters:
Tidy Cats
Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter

Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter

Pros

• Good value (7)
  • Easy to change (6)
  • Long-lasting (5)
  • Reduces odor (5)
  • Pet likes it (4)

• Multiple cats (8)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (8)

It does keep the cats Tidy

I didn't think I would ever be writing a review on cat litter since I have been a dedicated Febreeze pellet fan for several years but we took in a kitten that wouldn't take to that system so I had to buy litter.  After going through several different brands of litter, we (the cat and myself) have settled on Tidy Cat litter as our choice for his indoor existance.  This product has minimal dust when pouring, has a great scent that seems to last for up to a week and clumps well for both urine and feces.  Another plus is that Peanut doesn't track much of this product out of the cat box which means less cleanup for me.  Granted, I love the pellet system best but for my choicy little yellow cat, it beats the other alternatives such as my bathroom rug, the floor or kitchen carpet.

Tidy Cats has a great product and I am so grateful that both cat and owner are happy with this choice.  They have several formulas but we prefer the cannister with the light blue lid.  It has a pleasant smell we both can tolerate.

Sandy

Poor Odor Control

I have three cats and need a cat litter that clumps and scoops easily and that has good odor control so I can keep their litter boxes and my house clean and odor free.  I've tried many brands including Tidy Cats.  This brand clumps well and is easily scoopable.  The cats don't seem to track it around any more than any other litter.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of dust either.  The problem with this litter is that it does not control urine odor very well at all.  Even with regular scooping, the smell of urine is very strong even after only one use.  For the price you pay for this litter I would expect it to perform better than the cheapest brands out there, but it doesn't.  I'm much happier with other brands.  I've tried all different varieties of this brand too, multiple cat, small spaces, etc and none of them control the odor very well at all.  I might only try this again if they change their formula.

Best value and works great with multiple cats!

from Spring hill, Fl

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Change
  • Good Value
  • Long-Lasting
  • Reduces Odor

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

This litter is the best value for your money. I have 2 cats and you cant smell my litter box at all in my home. It absorbs great and isnt powdery like a lot of litters. Its easy to change and clumps together well.

Great Litter!

from Lansing, MI

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Change
    • Good Value
    • Long-Lasting
    • Low Tracking
    • Pet Likes It
    • Reduces Odor

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

Tidy Cats is a great brand of litter. They are in that middle ground where it's not too expensive but it's also not too cheap. It does the job. It's very easy to scoop and I don't notice all the dust when stirred up. It absorbs well and clumps well.

Best there is

from Dexter, MO

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Change
      • Good Value
      • Long-Lasting
      • Pet Likes It
      • Reduces Odor

Cons

• Tracks

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

I have a home with multiple cats and I have to say people say all the time that you cant tell there is a cat in the home as far as the scent. People that own no pets say no cat smell in my home at all. Which to me is the most important part of a litter. It does track but I use one of those mats that catch the litter.

I love this stuff

from Douglasville, Ga

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Change
      • Good Value

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

I love this cat litter. It's so easy to scoop and it lasts a long time. It's fairly priced for the amount you get.

This is Our Main Brand of Cat Litter

from Centerville,SD

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Change
        • Good Value
        • Long-Lasting
        • Pet Likes It
        • Reduces Odor

Cons

• Tracks

• Finicky Cats
        • Kittens
        • Small Pets

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

Our cats love this brand of cat litter. We buy it in bulk size containers and always stock up on 3-4 of them at a time. It clumps well to our cats poo poos and urine very well.

Great for my two cats

from Louisville, KY

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Cleans Easily
        • Reduces Tracking

• Indoor Cats

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

I absolutely love this product. We have two cats, one being over 20 pounds. Both cats can use this litter all day without scooping and no smell is left behind. Clumps great which means easy cleaning for me.

Tidy Cat Litter

from Phoenix, AZ

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Good Value

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

Tidy Cat is an OK product. I have two cats, and frankly, no matter what, the cat litter still smells. I try to clean it out every day, at least once a day, and change the litter at least once a week. I have two litter trays so I alternate each one, each week. This is sufficient for the two cats. I think Tidy Cat is a good product. I am not sure how to compare it with other cat litters for multiple cats, but I would say it works. It is easy to use (scoop the nasty stuff out) and does not make a lot of dust from what I can tell. It comes in large enough packaging so that you have enough litter for a few changes and you don't have to constantly keep buying it. The package is large and heavy, but manageable, especially because the price is right when you buy the large packaging. I use a small bowl to scoop out the litter from the Tidy Cat box into the litter tray. It is not messy at all. This is a product I would recommend to cat owners.

great addition to my litter box

from St. Paul, MN

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Change
            • Good Value
            • Long-Lasting
            • Pet Likes It
            • Reduces Odor

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

I have gone through a lot of different litters for my 2 indoor cats over the years. When I first got them I always used a more expensive brand because its what my parents used on my childhood cats and they swore by it. But, honestly it was just so expensive I felt like I needed to branch out and try something new.
              I am a bit picky about some litter, I HATE dusty litter, I cant stand dumping litter in a box and having dust fly up in my face. Gross. I also hate when the litter doesn't clump well. It has to clump well or I won't use it. This is one of the cheapest litters I found that is NOT dusty and actually clumps great! If you're looking for an affordable litter this is a great one to choose.

Better than most for multiple cats

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

Overall, I prefer Tidy Cat to most any other scoopable cat litter. A little on the expensive side unless it's on sale and you can find a coupon.

Moisture Absorption
              I have multiple cats because I rescue and I've tried many brands of cat litter. Tidy Cat, is by far the best on the market that comes in a large container for a reasonable price. I gave this a 9 for Moisture, because I do notice some of the moisture settling to the bottom of the litter box. I keep the litter at least 2 inches deep or more. I have bought litters that you literally had to use a scraper to dig the litter off the bottom of the box like cement, but Tidy Cat never does that.

When you have multiple cats and 8 litter boxes, you need a litter that is easy to clean. I find Tidy Cat, very easy to scoop. Only now and then, do I have a small amount stuck to the bottom of the box. That may be due to whichever cat it is digging their hole to the bottom. I don't notice much dust when scooping this litter out either like some other brands.

Odor Control
              Although the litter itself has a very nice odor to it, it doesn't seem to mask the odor of some of my cats. I have noticed that some of the new scents they have out seem to be too strong for the cats and they don't seem to care for it as much so I had to mix it with another Tidy Cat variety. I buy about 140 lbs of litter a month and sometimes buy different selections. Tidy cat is all good, regardless of which variety I get. The Dual Power is the one that seems to be a little to strong for some of them.

Although I love the reusable container that Tidy Cat comes in, it's very heavy and hard to handle. However, I would not want to have to buy 35lbs of litter in a bag. The tabs, for me, are very hard to get off the container, but once opened, I just use a scoop to remove the litter from the pail. Once the pail is empty, I wash it and use it to store my dry cat food in. Keeps it fresh and dry.

• Odor Control:

Best cat litter on the market

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Multiple Cats Cat Litter:

This is by far the best cat litter on the market. I have tried about every kind that is manufactured from the cheapest, basically rock like litter to the most expensive kind. Tidy Cats is definitely the best in odor control and scoop-ability. I have two cats and a huge litter box that is covered. With other litters, when you open the box the inside stinks so bad you want to throw up; even after just one or two days in between cleanings. When you use Tidy Cats, there is virtually no smell at all! It clumps so well, but for the liquids you have to wait awhile for it to be harden to easily remove. It also does not waste a whole lot. Some litters will clump, but you end up removing half of the litter just to remove a small amount of waste; this is not the case with this litter. It also is very reasonable on the price. You do not have to change every single day to keep the smell down and the cats will still use it because it keeps their box fresh. Definitely recommend this product to cat lovers across the globe!