Other Cat Litters:
1154, 3023:3063974
Tidy Cats Scoop Instant Action Cat Litter

Tidy Cats Scoop Instant Action Cat Litter

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (3)

works well with odors

I have three cats and they go to the litter a lot. I have a one level house so keeping the cat box from smelling bad is important. When I am home I scoop out the litter as much as possible but when I'm gone all day I need a litter that keeps the box from smelling like urine. This litter keeps the urine odors down quite a bit. With three cats digging around in the box I also need a tight clumping litter and this litter clumps relatively well. It doesn't clump perfectly and there is still little clumps throughout the box that fall through the scooper but scooping gently keeps that from happening as much. I have found that keeping the box filled With at least 4 inches of litter at all times keeps the odors down and the scooping much easier. If the litter level gets down too low the urine makes it to the bottom of the litter box a lot more. I found this litter works well for a week of scooping and then the box needs to be emptied out and washed because the urine does get all the way to the bottom sometimes. I think this litter works great for keeping odors away but is somewhat lacking in the clumping department. It works okay for me but I Will probably be checking out other clumping litters to see if I can find a better clumping litter for easier scooping.

A change in the formula changes everything.

This used to be my absolute favourite type of litter. I am still - and always will be - a fierce and loyal Tidy Cats fan, but they must have altered this litter formula in some way over the past year, because where it once ensured easy cleanup and very fine odour control, it now leaves 'mud' in the box where my cats have urinated, and doesn't do much at all for the smell (which cannot be fobbed off on to the idea of a dirty box; with three cats, I clean those boxes out every two days). I switched to the Glade formula, which is, for now, much better, but I could not find that one on the list of products to review.

Moisture Absorption
The litter adheres well to the solid waste, but turns any liquid into mud immediately. It never used to do this, but as of the last year or so, now it does. I wish I knew what they had changed, so I could request to have it changed back.

Again, the solid waste is easy to clean - it's the liquid that isn't. It sticks to the sides of the box instead of forming clumps, and really isn't easy to clean.

Odor Control
When the litter is fresh, it has decent odour control for the first two days. then I clean the box, and after that, it's awful.

It's easy to use - they sell several different sizes, which I appreciate because I don't always have the budget to buy the big boxes of litter - but with the other things mentioned above, it doesn't get the high score I would prefer to give Tidy Cats products.

Love This

from South Carolina

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Cleans Easily
  • Keeps Litter In

Cons

• Small Capacity

• Kittens
  • Small Pets

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Instant Action Cat Litter:

Love the smells.. it helps with odor.. very easy to clean up

Tidy Cat is the best!

from alpharetta ga

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Cleans Easily
  • Durable
  • Good Height
  • Keeps Litter In
  • Large Capacity
  • Reduces Tracking

• Indoor Cats
    • Multiple Cats

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Instant Action Cat Litter:

By far, after having cats fit 40 years, tidy cat has proved to be the best cat litter! No matter what type, multiple cats, light weight, this is the best! No/low odor, easy to scoop, you name it- by far the best! I have tried them all or a good many and nothing has compared. Great job Tidy Cat!

works well with odors

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Good Value
    • Low Tracking
    • Pet Likes It
    • Reduces Odor

• Kittens
      • Multiple Cats

Clumps and Keeps the Odors Away

from wrightstown

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Instant Action Cat Litter:

I have always like The Tidy Cats line of cat litters. I have used this brand for a while and tried their different versions of it and am never disappointed. I never smell any odors from my cats litter box and clumps up fast . It is easy to scoop up the clumps and get rid of them as soon as they are there. It get's rid of the odors as soon as my cat goes and even if I do not remove the clumps right away, there are no odors. It clumps really well so cleaning out the litter box is easy and quick. It absorbs the moisture right away. Tidy cat is a brand that I have always trusted and liked and this one is no different. It is easy to use, just pour it in the litter box. After kitty is done, all you have to do is scoop it out. The rest of the litter stays clean and dry. It is more pricey than the junky kinds of litter and is worth every cent. You can find it on sale and then you should stock up. I recommend it for households with one cat or more. Kittens can use this litter too. I recommend it.

Favorite Brand

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Instant Action Cat Litter:

Tidy Cats is by far my favorite brand of cat litter. They are worth every penny because of the awesome odor control, best clumping action ever (that does not break into little pieces and make a huge mess when cleaning), instant action, and long lasting litter because it uses minimal amounts to clump so it lasts longer. The only problem is I do not see a difference in the Instant Action Cat Litter versus the original formula. They both work equally well and are fantastic, there is just no difference. If you have not already tried Tidy Cats, please use them right away. You will not be disappointed in the quality you get every time. I have three cats and can use one pan of litter for over a week with regular cleaning. It still holds odor in and you only have to add some if you have picky cats that like the litter to be deep. Otherwise, you will only have to clean once per day or less!

• Odor Control:

My kitten wasn't impressed but I was

from Texas

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Instant Action Cat Litter:

When I got a kitten I didn't have any idea of what they needed or would use, so when I shopped for cat liter, I bought Tidy Cat, the one I remembered from their advertising. I thought that it was rather messy and dusty After talking to friends that have cats I was told that this one actually had less dust than most and it was one of the better ones.

Moisture Absorption
      Tidy Cat comes in several formulas and I think before I give up on this brand I will try some of the other formulas. The container that the litter comes is like a gallon jub with a pour spout. This makes it easier to pour and if your cat tries to help you, like mine did, not much will spill out.

Cleaning the litter box isn't all that difficult when you use a good brand of litter like Tidy Cat. I wear disposable gloves to clean the liter box, a grocery store plastic bog to throw the liter in. I may try another brand of liter but I like the ease of cleaning the liter box, the smell and the low cost per each change makes this a good product.

Odor Control
      The litter has a smell of it's own. Not my favorite perfume that's for sure but it isn't so bad that I can't stand it. Seems to me the key is to clean this box at least every day and then do a complete change of litter every three or four days. Yes, it takes more litter but I don't have any odor.

There really isn't anything unusual about how to do this and is is not difficult.

• Odor Control:

Possibly the best in the 'litter'

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Instant Action Cat Litter:

I have to give credit to this particular product in the line of Tidy Cats products. I used this product for a long time and found that it was excellent in eliminated odors, specifically when there are multiple cats in the home.

Moisture Absorption
      In all the time that I used this product, I never smelled cat urine, not once. It also did a really good job absorbing the occasional loose stools my cats sometimes had when eating foreign things around the house.

The clumping action of this product was very good. It was easy to clean the litter box and did not take a lot of time because the clumping action was so good.

Odor Control
      I have multiple cats and that was very important to me to have a product that completely eliminated the odor of cats being in the home. Most of the time when people came to my house, they never knew I had a cat unless they saw them.

I had a very easy time using this product. I never experienced any issues using this product and neither did my cats.

• Odor Control:

Better for just one cat.

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Instant Action Cat Litter:

I have used Tidy Cats Scoop Instant Action Cat Litter for a couple of months now. I would not recommend the litter for anyone with more then one cat. I have three. They are inside cats. The smell of the litter is horrible. I do clean out the box everyday. It seems like i am forever adding litter to the box to keep the smell down. I do dump the box once a week and start with new litter. I do clean it out everyday. I am going to the store buying new litter once a week. The litter does not seem to absorb like it should. I have always thought of Tidy cat as a good brand. It would be better for just one cat not three. I will be buying a new brand.

Moisture Absorption
      The litter does not absorb like it should.

Cleaning is easy, but seems like i am doing it more then i should. I do have to scrap the bottom sometimes, where the litter sticks.

Odor Control
      The odor control is not working like i think it should. To me it seems like Tidy cat would be one of the better brands.

Use is easy. Just pour in the kitty box. The container is a bit heavy when pouring the first time.

• Odor Control:

A change in the formula changes everything.

from Jensen Beach, FL

Tiddy Cat To The Rescue.

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop Instant Action Cat Litter:

Tidy Cat works wonders in my house. I have 4 cats inside and 3 litter boxes. It keeps the smell down better than any litter that I have tried. It absorbs the
      moisture really well. It is also very easy to scoop out when you go to clean the litter boxes. We do not use any other brand of cat litter in our home.