Other Litter Boxes:
Tidy Cats
Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System

Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System

DROP BREEZE PELLETS, GET PINE PELLETS

First of all! Forget about the stupid pad and pellets that you cannot find anywhere. Go to publix and get greenwise organic pine pellets. Gradually mix them into old pellets. DO NOT GO COLD TURKEY on your cat, he'll stop using the litter box. Do it a scoop a day, until all white pellets are replaced with pine pellets. Then remove the pad from the tray. When you cat pee, the pine pellets absorb and crumble, and fall through the grating into the tray. Just empty the trey and wipe with organic cleaning solution. Refil the box with fresh pellets as they go. It is VERY CHEAP and VERY CLEAN! And a lot better for Nature. God knows what those white pellets are made of. I absolutely love it!

Smart Cat Box - cheaper to use than the Breeze system

The Breeze Litter system looks great, but is kind of pricey because of the consumables (pads & pellets).  The Smart Cat Box came out much earlier, and is a very similar system in that it also uses non-absorbent litter.  But the main difference is that instead of the pee pad to soak up the urine, the Smart Cat Box has a drawer underneath that collects the urine.  You just slide out the drawer and empty the urine into your toilet.  So that eliminates the expense of buying the pee pads.

Another difference is that the Smart Cat Box uses special safflower seeds for non-absorbent litter.  The seeds work fine, but I actually like the Breeze pellets better so I bought the pellets to use with the Smart Cat Box.   I don't want to buy new pellets every month, so I wash them every few weeks and they seem to last longer.  (I've only been using the pellets for about 6 weeks so I don't know yet how long they will last.  I couldn't really wash the safflower seeds, because they ended up getting kind of moldy looking.)

Great for allergies/asthma that are exacerbated by dust.

from Baltimore, MD

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Durable
  • Large Capacity
  • Reduces Tracking

• Indoor Cats
    • Multiple Cats

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

I had a very hard time adjusting to life with a cat. The "traditional" litter caused my asthma to act up. When I found this, I fell in love. I will say that some people say it smells better, but my cats are stinky, stinky guys, so while the urine smell is gone, the other smells are not. That being said, the more frequently you scoop and change the pellets, the better. I agree that it's more expensive, but it's so much better for my health. My cats had no problem adjusting to the change in litter.

Best Litter System, with modifications

from Milton Mills, N.H.

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Durable
    • Good Height
    • Keeps Litter In
    • Reduces Tracking

Cons

• Are pricey. I use Feline Pine and cheap puppy tr
    • The system itself is a great design but the supp

• Indoor Cats
    • Multiple Cats

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

I empty the tray daily, change the pads and scoop and sift as needed. Once a week I thoroughly wash, rinse and dry the unit. If Feline Pine is too pricey you can use pine horse bedding pellets at Tractor Supply. If you do the maintenance, your cats will have a clean litter box experience.

Tidy Cats Breeze ISN'T a breeze

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

When I discovered the Tidy Cats Breeze System I got so excited. The concept sounded like a great idea so I couldn't wait to try it. My cat seemed a bit confused in the beginning but she started to get used to it for a while. The clean up was easy. Just pull out and change the pad or scoop up the poop. Soon, things turned for the worst. I noticed my cat was no longer using it. Instead she was urinating right next to it and on the side of it. After a vet appointment ruling out any medical problems I thought maybe it was this little system. I gave it a few more days. While she still pooped in the box she just didn't want to urinate in it. I could tell she didn't like the feeling of the pellets when I watched her. I decided to give her normal little box back as well as her normal Tidy Cats litter. She went right in and did her business. After that, she completely stopped urinating outside of the box. If cats could talk it would have been a lot easier.

Wonderfully clean choice!

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

This is the best litter system I have ever used. Before trying this out I had only used traditional cat litter in a box. It was always so messy and a pain to lug the containers around. The pads and pellets that you have to buy to use with the system are lightweight and are not bulky at all to carry. The cats can't track the pellets around the house like with regular cat litter. Scooping the litter box is so much easier with this system and almost a non existent task with the urine going through to the pad. I do wish there were ways to save money on the pads and pellets besides the coupons that come in the set up kit but overall the system makes it worth the money. My one cat in particular was very fussy about the cleanliness of the boxes and would go to the bathroom outside of the box if it didn't meet her standards. With 3 cats in my house I had a hard time keeping up with scooping enough to please her. I have not had her go to the bathroom outside of the box since switching to the Breeze System. It keeps the box so much cleaner without extra effort from me.

I Love It, One of My Cats Hates It; This Is a Problem...

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

I love the Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System. I love that the cats don't track litter everywhere. I love that my house doesn't stink like cat pee no matter how many times I change the litter box. I love that I don't have to change the litter every day.

But... One of my cats hates it. They all seem fine with peeing in the Breeze litter box, but one of my cats insists on pooping right outside of the box. This was never a problem with a normal litter box, so I have to assume that something about the Breeze is making this one cat dissatisfied when it comes time to poop. And, I have to say, picking poop off the floor every single day is not an enjoyable task!

I'm really torn because I love the way the Breeze system handles urine. It's easy to change out the pad every few days and I love the way it completely removes the cat urine smell from the box. That, in my mind, is a MIRACLE. Well worth the price of those pads, in my opinion. I just don't know what to do about the poop-on-the-floor problem!

Glad I tried it - lived up to, and surpassed, my expectations.

from Hendersonville, TN

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

I have nine indoor cats, and I'm always looking for any way to solve my many litter box issues - dust, tracking, odor, scooping. Since I work part-time at a pet store, I have lots of opportunities to to ask people about the products they buy. I consistently heard wonderful reviews about the Breeze system. I started out with one, just to make sure the cats would use it. Several cats began using this instead of their regular litter boxes, so I knew that would not be an issue. I bought two more to supplement the regular litter boxes I kept for the few that didn't seem inclined to use the Breeze. I have significantly cut down on the tracking (practically none with this system), the dust (absolutely nil with the breeze, the odor (unless you are "right there" when the cat goes, you don't smell a thing), and scooping (you only scoop the poop). It's a winner, and I may one day try to switch ALL the cats over.

Smart Cat Box - cheaper to use than the Breeze system

from San Jose, CA

DROP BREEZE PELLETS, GET PINE PELLETS

from Miami Beach, FL

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

My cats never adjusted to the change in litter.

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

Although I followed the directions carefully for the change from regular litter, my cats never liked the Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System. I could tell from their litter box behavior that they did not like the way it felt on their feet. Even with diligent cleaning and changing the pad, their litter habits became poor and they would not use the litter box. I eventually changed back to the clumping litter I had used prior to the switch to the Breeze Litter System. The cats are happy with the old litter and I don't have to clean up any outside the litter box statements.

Best Litter System EVER!

from Solon, OH

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

We have three cats and have tried everything, including expensive automated boxes. We hated the constant maintenance, the smell and litter tracking all over the house. This system has cured all of that. It is so easy to maintain, I don't dread taking care of it. The tracking and smell are a thing of the past. You can't even tell we have litter boxes anymore. The cats love it too, no issues with them using the box. As far as expense goes, we're not spending any more now than we did before on regular litter, and we're so much happier. I would totally recommend this system to anyone. If they ever take it off the market, I'll seriously cry.