Other Detergents:
Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original

Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original

Pros

Cons

I let Act-Lift remove dirt & stains so I don't have to!

It's almost silly of me to review **Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent - Original Scent**. I mean, there are already so many positive reviews about this detergent that why should I bother giving my humble opinion of it? Well, because I like to give my opinion about almost everything under the sun, so I'm going to go ahead and sing the praises of this one of a kind, absolutely wonderful product, too.

It took me awhile to buy Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent - Original Scent bcause I was content with other detergents. At least I thought I was content with them. But I'm an online shopper, and this online shopper saw so many advertisements for this detergent that they finally wore me down and I bought a jug of Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent. It was one of the best decisions I have made in a long time.

I have four sons who seem to attract dirt like magnets and can't eat without spilling food on themselves. It's ridiculous..but they do get it honestly. I'm very clumsy and their dad is constantly getting dirty at work or working at home. Therefore, I very seldom used to wash a load of laundry without first applying a stain remover to spots on clothing, AND adding Oxi-Clean along with the detergent to my laundry. Now that I use Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent, I hardly ever have to use Oxi-Clean anymore.Tide with Acti-Lift does the job all by itself! It gets my laundry super clean and makes it look bright and nice. That saves me time and it costs about the same to use Tide with Acti-Lift as it did to use other detergents along with Oxi-Clean in every load, which was a regular practice for me. I like easy and this detergent makes my life 1 step easier with every load. That equals a lot of easier steps for me because I wash a whole lot of laundry.

This detergent is super-concentrated, so don't be fooled by the large cap. Fill the cap to the appropriate line on the inside of the cap, and that's all it takes. Don't make the mistake of thinking that you need to add just a little extra, because with this detergent, that simply is not necessary. You'll be wasting money if you add more than is directed, because the directed amount will clean your clothes and remove light stains better than I ever would have believed.

I'm not saying that this is a miracle detergent that will remove large,  dry mustard or blood stains without having to pre-treat...it will not. But it will get out grass stains that haven't been too ground in yet, and coke and coffee spills have also come out of our laundry without pre-treating or using Oxi-Clean in my wash. I would say that's pretty dang impressive. I have never had that happen with any other laundry detergent.

I still use Clorox bleach for my whites when necessary to whiten and brighten them, and I use stain remover when I have to get hot wing sauce off of my pretty pink shirt or a huge blob of pizza sauce off of my son's favorite Falcon's jersey. Other than those times, which are not very often, I don't use anything in my laundry but Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent because IT WORKS! That makes me a happy woman.

So, if you have been wondering whether or not this detergent is worth buying...it is. If you have been wondering if it works as well as it says it will...it does. If you've been wondering if it's worth the extra cost...it is. You're just going to have to trust me and the other gazillion people who have used. reviewed, and all sing the praises of Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent. It's terrific, and my laundry and I love it!

Tide with ActiLift needs improvement

I have been using Tide detergent for years now, and have always loved how well it cleans and performs. My husband is a mechanic, so when Tide introduced the Acti Lift formula in their line of products I was excited to give it a try to clean his greasy, dirty work clothes. I can honestly say that I will never be able to use or purchase Tide with Acti Lift formula again. My husband broke out in a terrible rash after the first time that I used it. I re washed all of the clothes from that load in regular detergent and the rash went away. I did another test and washed some clothes in the Acti Lift detergent and the rash showed back up. Not only does this detergent cause a rash, but I really don't see how it cleans any better than the regular detergent does. I probably won't be purchasing this detergent again, it just caused too many problems for the little difference in cleaning power that it has.

It's definitely going to recommend to everyone.

from Santa Barbara, CA.

About Me Parent

Pros

• Great Scent

Cons

• Laundry Room

Comments about Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original:

To wash your clothes you need the best detergent, and my experience has shown me that the best detergent is tide. Because it leaves clothes looking like new, more brilliant colors and not damaged.

Use this detergent from the middle, through the underwear to jeans and thick clothing, it is what has given me better results, this detergent cleans very well the clothes, but also cherishes and protects.

He has also shown to protect hands, so we should not worry about our skin and that tide, this will be no problem, no doubt is the best detergent and tested.
    This detergent has unique properties that keeps the colors, nurses apparel and also leaves very soft, pleasant and with an incredible smell.

It's definitely going to recommend to everyone.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Perfect Every Time

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original:

Tide is my all time favorite detergent and the one I return to over and over again because of its superiority at removing dirt and stains. Their Acti-Lift formula is just a new twist on an already excellent product.

I have to say that I really don't have any laundry that has old stains since Tide works so well at removing them in the first place so I can't speak to how this new formula removes old stains, but I can say that it does a brilliant job of removing new ones! I do a lot of cooking and baking and constantly get everything from chocolate to tomatoes to oil to onions on my dish towels and this formula gets rid of any trace of them and restores my towels to their original white color.

This also works wonderfully for everything else I need to wash, from sheets and blankets to work clothes to sports uniforms. Everything comes out brilliantly clean and smelling fresh. I never, ever have to rewash something because it still has a stain or residue after the first wash. I can confidently use this every time I do heavily soiled wash knowing that everything will come out perfect every time.

Love Tide

Comments about Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original:

When I was growing up my mom always used to buy Tide. It was her absolute favorite detergent. So when we were first married we started out by buying Tide, because that's what I always had as a kid. I love Tide because it gets my clothes very clean and it really smells good. I have never had issues with sensitivity concerning my laundry but I know a lot of people who have and they swear Tide helps. That's why my mom always used Tide. Other cheaper laundry detergents would make her break out. The downside to Tide though is that it is very expensive. If I can use coupons and bring the cost down a little bit, then I feel good about purchasing it. However as we've gotten bigger as a family and therefore have more laundry, we are on more of a budget. I can't justify the high price versus the other laundry detergents that also do a great job of cleaning our clothes. None of us have had sensitivity issues, so we've been okay with the off brand laundry detergents. If I had it in my budget to use Tide, I definitely would though.

Tide all the way!!!

from Wausau, WI

Comments about Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original:

Tide works excellent and it washed my clothes and lifted stains out well. The smell lasts for a long time and I'm glad that it does. It lifts all my stains out and makes my clothes smell great what more could you ask for.

I am very picky about laundry detergent. I have very sensitive skin and for me tide does not make me break out. Many people tend to break out when they over use the product. So if a large load says only go up to the line 3 then it means use that amount only. People tend to use caps and caps of detergent I use to be like that with other brands.

Not only am I picky on the detergent and how well it cleans I am the FOAM LOVER. Tide tends to foam very well for me. So I see lots of bubbles to me that's an excellent detergent if there are a lot bubbles!!! Especially for having a top loader. It's harder to get more foam in top loaders.

I was a lover of purex and generic brands but they just dont foam up like how I like to see. I wold use a cap full. Stains don't come out and like I said no BUBBLES!!

Tide is Tide

from Zephyrhills, FL

Comments about Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original:

This tide works no better then the original tide. Tide overall is a better brand. My husband has alergic reactions to other laundry detergents so we have no other choice then to use tide, but I wouldn't say that tide acti lift works any better then any other tide product we have used. Stains still stay on the clothes after several washes.

Acti-Lift is great and wonders on my toddlers clothes!

from Oakland, CA

Comments about Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original:

I had issues with Tide Powder because my washer and that stuff didnt get along, now I have spent countless time and spent so much money trying to find something my washer and clothes would agree with. I seen a larger bottle of this at the local costco. It was 17.99 and It said it was enough for 180 loads. Now I was skeptical but I just bought the bottle this was in January...It is April. OMG I must say that it still lasts. So little goes a long way with a king load I wash about 8 times every 3 days. I never see the soap scumb or resedue on my clothes and it's great when I let it soak in the wash with towels or color clothes. NEVER FADES or Changes the quality of my clothes, soft and gentle as they were when I bought them.

I also love that I can wash my pillows with this, No stains, smells or funky colors left. I must say I am impressed and will continue to buy the brand 17.99 every 3 months isnt bad, especially when you have an active toddler who loves to make hell on the socks and get food on his shirt. YAY for Tide Acti-Lift! BTW my son has eczema and this helps out alot...it's formula doesnt make him scratch himself or doesnt get fussy with wearing clothes. It's gentle enough for me to use on his "Night Night" (it's his quilt he does not let go of).

disappointed

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original:

I must say i was a tide fan when it first came out. but i bought this actilift formula in hopes of getting the stains out without extra effort of using other stain removers and rubbing it and all that, but i was disappointed. It did not get any stains out of my clothes. hate to say that b'coz tide was my favourite brand.

Tide with Acti-Lift Makes the Grade!

from Moscow, VT

Comments about Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original:

I have tried an innumerable amount of laundry products. I've used Tide off and on throughout the years, as well as many other brands. I always think that, perhaps the next one I try will be as good as Tide, but inevitably, I find myself going back to Tide. I just cannot seem to find anything that works as well as Tide in getting clothes clean. And evey other laundry detegent I've tried always takes so much more detergent than Tide. I can always get good results when i use exactly the recommended amount of tide. Even though it's more expensive, it really doesn't cost any more than others, when you consider how much more of the other brands you end up having to use. I do find the extensive line of Tide products a little bit overwhelming. I have tried the newest version, which is the one with the Acti-Lift. I think it works very well. I tend to stay with the same original scent, or the one with color-safe bleach. It's less confusing when I go to buy a bottle. I don't think there's anything that works as well as Tide.

Better than Ever Tide

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original:

I've been using Tide for many years and didn't think there was any way to improve it. I am always entertained each time I see the Tide commerical when Dad goes to the clothesline and wipes his oily hands in an attempt to ruin a skirt he thought was too short for his daughter to wear. I did my own test. I sponged a dab of full strength Tide on an old mustard stain in a beige carpet. Tide with Acti-Lift got it out!

LOVE TIDE

from Dallas, PA

Comments about Tide with Acti-Lift Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original:

I LOVE Tide laundry detergent. Refuse to use anything else for my family! It is the best! I cant say enough good things about Tide... it leaves my clothes smelling amazing EVERY time! I always use the original scent, its just great to have my familys clothes smelling that fresh! I've suggested tide to EVERYBODY in my familym and all my friends as well. I have actually had people ask me what detergent i use because my clothes smell so good. Its great! I know some things you can go with no name brands for and still get good value but not this.... it HAS to be Tide! Do yourself a favor and just try it, you will be amazed at the difference, i hate when anybody else washes my clothes, i have to rewash them in tide, to get that clean feeling, and scent that it gives you! It is fantastic! Please go get a bottle of it, you will not be dissapointed, trust me! I've tried many others, and none compare to Tide!