Other Stain Removers:
Tide

Pros

Cons

Good results with this Tide Stain Release product.

With three active children, I am always looking for a better stain remover. I have tried the other Tide Stain release products, but thought that this spray version was more user friendly. It doesn't spill as easily as the other kinds. I recently used this spray as a stain pre-treatment on some jeans and a coat before washing them in my front loading HE washing machine. Most of the stains did come out, and I was pleased with the results.

While no stain remover gets every stain out the first time, Tide Stain Release spray did an admirable job. I did not follow the directions as stated though. The instructions say to spray the solution on the stain, rub it in, and then wait five minutes before washing. I neither rubbed it in nor waited, but the stains still came out. I can't wait to see what this product does when I do follow the instructions more completely. There were a few set-in stains that did not come out of the coat, but I will wash it again with the Tide Stain Release and see what happens.

I expected more from Tide.

I had never heard of Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat spray before I stumbled upon a giveaway Tide was having.The promotion was for  a free Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray.I was lucky enough to snag one.I used this a couple days after I got it in the mail.The first thing I noticed was the smell.This smells alot like the laundry detergent they make which I liked.The second thing I noticed was this is not a liquid like most stain removing products that come in a spray bottle.This has more of a gel like consistency. This product being gel like makes you have to rub it in or else it just lays on top the fabric. I used it on my toddlers slightly food soiled shirt and after some rubbing the stain did come out in the wash.The next time I used it was on a shirt with fresh blood from a nose bleed.I rinsed most of the blood out before I used this product.I had to scrub like mad before I got all the blood out.I have used it a few more times since then and it works great on lighter stains.I am happy with the way my current stain remover works on tough stains so I wont be switching to the Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray.

Will buy Tide stain release pre-treat again and again

from Austin, TX

Comments about Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray:

I have used the Tide-to-Go pen for a long time and have only recently tried the newer Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray and I am so glad I did. I recently went to take out a sweater and noticed an awful brown stain on it. I used a different pre-wash spray on the brown stain and washed it and was disappointed that nothing happened (maybe a bit less brown but still there). I then tried the new Tide pre-treat spray I got - sprayed it on and left it on for about 1/2 hour and sprayed again before the washing and that brown stain was completely gone. I then tried it on several other pieces of clothing in which I found old stains that had not come clean through a number of other washings (and using pre-treatments). I highly recommend this new Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray.

Tide Stain Release is great at removing tough stains!

from Saint George, UT

Comments about Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray:

I was able to remove all laundry stains using this product. I have three kids, so I have experienced every type of stain possible...grass stains, red punch, and the list goes on. Tide Stain Release removed all of them! I have tried other laundry pre-treat sprays that are horrible. And once the clothing goes through the washer and dryer, the stain is set in. It is so important to use a good stain remover, such as Tide Stain Release, from the beginning!

Another winner from Proctor & Gamble

from La Palma, CA

**Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray**

This is a fairly new product and I recently was given a free sample to try. I do a lot of laundry and some of it is men's work clothes that need to come clean. I always use a good detergent on the work clothes and usually have to pre-treat stains or grease. I always have Shout and Spray-n-Wash on hand, but I was looking forward to seeing how the new product by Tide performed.

So far, so good. All the work uniforms I've treated with this pre-treatment have come out of the wash stain free and very clean. It's been used against ground in dirt, grime and grease on heavy work pants. It was as simple as spraying on and letting sit for a few minutes. I then used a brush to rub it in and tossed it in the washing machine. This is a product I will definitely keep in my laundry room from now on. Oh, and it has a very pleasant smell too!

Tide Stain Release - Great Addition to the Tide Brand

from Draper, UT

Comments about Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray:

I use a lot of stain pre-treatment on my children's clothes. My kids wear light colored uniforms to school so everyday they come home with stains on their shirts. The only way to get their uniform shirts clean again, is to pre-treat the stains. I usually use Resolve stain treatment and I still like that product. But now there is another alternative for great stain pre-treatment with Tide's new stain release pre-treat spray. I received a free bottle of this pre-treat spray from Tide and I am glad I got this opportunity to try it on my kids' tough stains. So far, Tide's pre-treat spray has lifted grass, markers, paint, mud and various lunch items stains from my kids' light colored uniform shirts. I like the scent of the Tide stain release pre-treat spray - it does not have any chemically scent that would seem too harsh on some clothing. I will continue to use the Tide stain release pre-treat spray or Resolve. I will just purchase whatever is the bigger bargain at the time and know that both of these products will work on my kids' tough stains.

Tide Stain Release is the best stain remover ever!!

from Deer Park, TX

Comments about Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray:

I have a 4 year old and a 6 month old. Both make for some stained laundry. This is the only stain remover that I have found that has been able to get the stains out. Totally gone. I have tried other stain removing products like OxyClean and Dreft, but neither product was able to totally remove the stains. I will be a user of Tide's Stain Release for life!!

Tide Strain Release Laundry Stain Remover is by far the best

from Newark, OH

Comments about Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray:

I have a toddler and a messy husband, so I have spent a lot of money looking for the perfect thing to get stains out.  I've tried Spray n Wash, Shout, Oxyclean, Clorox 2, Clorox 2 spray, and a bunch of different products before stumbling upon Tide's new Stain Release Laundry Stain Remover spray.  The liquid is a spray, but it's rather thick which works great for pretreating stains since it will stay on the stain.  It got out set in stains that the other products could not get out and it worked great on fresh stains.  I've used it on anything from chocolate, spaghetti sauce, barbeque sauce, juice, and even soiled onesies from diaper blow outs.  I have not come across a stain yet that this spray couldn't remove.  It's a little expensive, but it's usually easy to find coupons for Tide products.  Plus a little bit of this spray goes a long way.  It's completely worth it.  I will never use another stain remover product again.

I love Tide's new stain release laundry stain remover

from Harvard Il

Comments about Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray:

I was so excited that I received a free, full sized bottle of Tide's new stain release laundry stain remover in the mail!!!  I am a major neat freak and can't stand stains of any sort on anything, so this was a great gift for me.   I recently was given some clothes from a friend, but unfortunately some had stains set in.  I decided to try the Tide stain release on them to 'test' this new product out.   I sprayed the clothes and let them sit for a little while before putting them in the wash.  When I was putting the clothes into the dryer I happened to take a peek at the shirts I pretreated and to my surprise the nasty stains had either disappeared or faded drastically.  This new laundry stain remover is definitely a keeper in my opinion.  I usually use spray 'n wash (because it is cheaper, and better than nothing at all), I would love to switch to Tide stain release, but not so sure I can afford it, but I will enjoy it while it lasts :)

Tide Stain Release saved my son's brand new shirt

from Pottstown, PA

Comments about Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray:

I have a 16 month old son that LOVES soup. Any kind of soup, including cream of spinach soup. His brand new shirt, however, does not love soup, and the cream of spinach soup left several dark green stains on a light blue shirt. I keep a small spray bottle of my regular Totally Toddler stain spray in our diaper bag, and treated the stain on it almost immediately after the soup landed on the shirt. I tried rinsing the shirt in cold water (we were away from home) and retreating the stain. The Totally Toddler lightened the stain a little, but you could still see it.

Once we got home, I treated the stain with OxiClean spray and washed it like I normally would. Still stained. I picked up a bottle of the Tide Stain release, treated the shirt and washed as normal. NO MORE STAINS!!!! I was very, very happy - this was a brand new cotton shirt and I didn't want to have to get rid of it because it was stained with spinach. Tide Stain Release saved the day, and I now keep a bottle of it in my laundry cabinet for super tough stains. It is a little pricey, so I don't use it on everything, and I find it's not as good on blood stains as my usual OxiClean spray.

The product itself it a thicker consistency than most other stain pre-treaters - it comes out almost like a thick gel and it really sticks to the stain. I find I have to rub it in a little bit to get it to penetrate - it stays on the surface when you spray it on. I haven't noticed any distinct smell to the product, but I don't care about that. I just care that it works, and so far, it's saved several outfits by getting out stains nothing else would budge.

It's important to note that I DO NOT use the dryer on anything that is stained until I am sure the stain has been removed. Putting a stained item in the dryer will only serve to set the stain.

Tide stain release is cool

from Houston, TX

Comments about Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray:

Tide stin release spray made my work easier,it wiped out the stains from our clothes at an instance.Tide does the work it promises to do.I just spray it on the stain and rub it on the stain and wait for 30 minutes.Then keep the clothes in laundry and wash them.The clothes come out with the stains off.It really worked better than many other stain removers I used.It is very powerful stain remover,it also retains the color of clothes at the same time.It also has a great smell and imparts the clothes too a fresh scent.It is also easy to use and its very important for families who have children.I wash my husbands office shirts with utmost care and thats why we use only tide products for such clothes,we trust tide very much.It also contains no phosphates and it has biodegradable products.It works well on tough grease too and also on dried out stains.Its very helpful for me in cleaning the heavily soiled blankets,it would be impossible for me without tide stain release spray.

from Manassas, VA

Comments about Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray:

I am completely satisfied with the Tide Stain Release Pre-Treat Spray. I had been looking for a product that I could use on my daughter's cloth doll that was not machine washable. I simply sprayed the pretreat the heavily soild doll's body, let it set and rinsed. It came out smelling wonderful and almost as clean as the day we bought it. The most difficlut part of this process was drying out the doll, and that was through no fault of the product. It did not even leave a residue on the fabric or the plastic bits.