3.9

Tide Stain Release Liquid

3.9

Pros

Cons

Tide Stain Release works great!

I love the new Tide Stain Release!  I was a bit skeptical at first but got a free trial so I decided to use it on a heavily soiled load of childrens clothes!  I could immediatly tell the differance as soon as the clothes came out of the dryer!  They actually were cleaner and smelled great!  I was actually shocked at how well it worked.  I use it for every heavily soiled load of laundry I have and it has yet to dissapoint me.  It even gets out stains that have already set in the clothes and previous stains that I was sure would never come out!

The TIDE is over - Not Impressed with this Product

I'm not a laundry detergent snob and usually buy whatever brand is on sale.  Therefore, since **Tide **is one of the priciest detergent products on the market, it's on a rare occasion that I buy it.

I'm a mom to two somewhat messy kids so our dirty laundry pile often contains clothes with all sorts of food, grass, and grease stains on them.  I try my best to catch and pre-treat them before they go into the washing machine, but that doesn't always happen.  That is why I decided to purchase the **Tide Stain Release In-Wash Booster Powder**.  I figured that if I couldn't catch the stains, then **Tide **would find them for me.  It also helped that I had a great coupon and that the product was on sale, which are pretty much pre-requisites to whatever I buy.

Maybe I didn't trust this product enough to NOT pre-treat any stains, but even when using this product, I couldn't bring myself to knowingly throw in a stained garment into my washing machine.  That said, there may have been a couple of times when I missed something that went into the machine untreated.  Even so, that has happened before and the clothing still came out clean, without adding an in-wash booster such as **Tide Stain Release**.

So technically, I cannot say that the **Tide Stain Release In-Wash Booster Powder** doesn't remove stains.  However, I can attest that I don't believe that it really does anything noticeable to my laundry when I use it.  Therefore, I don't feel that it is a product that I actually NEED.  I honestly haven't noticed ANY difference when I use this product other than the great smell that it leaves on my family's clothing.

So, while I love the smell of this product, I would not pay the somewhat high price tag just because it smells good.  Also, the **Tide Stain Release In-Wash Booster Powder** is used IN ADDITION to my regular detergent, not in replace of it.  That can really add up financially.

Overall, this product smells great but is not something that I would buy again.

Don't waste your money

from Warren, OH

Comments about Tide Stain Release Liquid:

I only give it a 4 because it only get's some stains out . Not the odor. The best product to getmis the Tide Boost. Now those work. My son works in Fast Food and had a bad stain on his uniform and I tried this product first. And when I took them out of the washer it was still there, So I tried the boost this time and it came right out!!

Really works on tough stains!

Comments about Tide Stain Release Liquid:

My wife uses the Tide Stain Release Liquid on our toughest stains after hunting or camping and it really gets the stains out. I had a huge grass stain on one of my favorite shirts and by using Tide Stain Release Liquid it saved my shirt and left it very clean.

Got out wood stain from curtains that had been on for a year!

from Attleboro, MA

Comments about Tide Stain Release Liquid:

This stuff managed to clean curtains that had been stained with wood stain from windows, even though the stain had been on there for over a year. I could not believe it! No pre-treating necessary, either. I also did not use bleach or any other stain remover in the washer, other than usual laundry detergent. All that being said, this product does contain nasty chemicals, which I am now trying to avoid. I would not buy any more bottles of this product, but if I happened to have a bottle already, I would certainly use it on any stains that needed it. I have had very, very good success with a new all-natural stain remover that I switched to, that I am certain does not contain any nasty chemicals. I have also switched over to a natural laundry detergent, which is lovely, and does not contain fake optical whiteners like Tide, to trick your eye into thinking your items are more clean!

I love Tide Stain Release.

from Jonesboro, AR

Comments about Tide Stain Release Liquid:

We live on a farm so my husband is always getting either dirty or greasy and this product works on both. It even will take out grass stains from my grandkids play clothes. It so easy to use just load the washing machine and pour the stain release on top of the dirty clothes.

Not overly pleased

Comments about Tide Stain Release Liquid:

I have used this product on more than one occasion. It has lifted the stain once out of multiple times used. Also, I got this product on my skin and it caused my fingers to turn blotchy and white despite rinsing the product after initial contact. Overall I am not overly pleased and rather disappointed in this product. Will not be buying again.

Tide stain release is amazing!

from Van Buren, AR

Comments about Tide Stain Release Liquid:

This product is worth every penny. It removes difficult stains on towels and clothing without a trace. It doesn't take a huge amount, I use way below the recommended amount by manufacturer and it works very well. I'll continue to use this product.

Never thought it would work

from West Winfield, NY

Comments about Tide Stain Release Liquid:

Had a coupon for the Tide Stain Release so decided to give it a try. My husband gets his work clothes very dirty and heavily and nothing seems to remove any of the grease and oil stains he gets on them.

Used this on a sweatshirt that look like it had seen better days. It didn't remove all the stains, but it sure improved it. Sure if I used this on something that hadn't been quite so dirty and heavily stained it would work even better.

Tide Stain release work well, but not perfectly

from Dover, DE

Comments about Tide Stain Release Liquid:

I have been using this product,Tide Stain Release in wash booster, for months now. As a pre treater I give it 5 stars. Why do you only see 3 above, because Tide does not sell it as a pre-treater, but as an in wash booster. If I do not pre-treat and just add the cap of booster to my wash, sometimes stains are still there after washing. Some are gone, but not all. It is my opinion that Tide is billing this product as an alternative to pre-treating. In my experience this product does not live up to that claim. I usually first pre treat with it, and then also add it to my wash. I have had success with this process, but I have to use more than is recommended. So, I would recommend having a bottle in the house, but to not use it on a regular basis. Leave it for the washes that really need it, you know the ones!

Tide stain release liquid is a little bit better than detergent

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Tide Stain Release Liquid:

I have been trying everything to get my kids school clothes clean.And I will usuall try anything. So when this product came out I thought 'finally something that will work, and really clean my clothes'. I bought this product hoping this would be the one. It wasn't. It does get my clothes whiter and brighter. And it smells alright in the bottle but doesn't really enhance the overall smell of my laundry and it still doesn't remove the day old stains my kids come home with. Even the dirt marks seem to fade but don't really disappear. I really didn't think that this product was worth the extra money. It would have been cheaper to just buy more detergent and double up on the amount I used in the washing machine. You only get about eleven loads worth in each bottle. This product was not a value. I might have thought it was worth the price if it worked, but it really did not do the job it claimed it would do!

Tide has done it again!

from Burlington, NJ

Comments about Tide Stain Release Liquid:

I bought Tide Stain Release Liquid to go with my Tide to Go Stain Remover. Definitely a great decision!! There are some things I won't skimp on, and one of them is laundry detergent and stain removers.This is, admittedly, largely because I'm not the most graceful person in the world. If you've read my other reviews, you've probably gathered that although I'm a pretty feminine person, I am definitely stain-prone. The Tide Stain Release Liquid fights all the mud, blood, and wine stains that I can't use my To-Go stick for...and even increases the efficacy of the To-Go stick! In addition to being a student (hence all the mud, blood, and wine...although to explain, I'm prone to nosebleeds...so nothing weird, there), I also work in the food service industry, and we are required to wear khakis...which can get pretty darned gross in an environment like that. Tide Stain Release Liquid gets out all my food stains, right down to the crud and dirt around the hem line from mopping!

I have used pretty much everything in the Tide Stain Release line, and I have to say that for efficiency, the Tide Stain Release Liquid is my favorite.

In short: I would definitely recommend this to a friend!