Other Detergents:
Laundry Detergent
Tide
Tide Pods Detergent

Tide Pods Detergent

Pros

• Easy to use (34)
  • Simple instructions (30)
  • Efficient (15)
  • Good power output (14)
  • Great scent (14)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (9)
  • Small volume (6)
  • Weak function (3)

• Laundry room (25)
  • Cleaning (21)
  • Home (15)
  • Dorm (10)
  • Travel (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (17), Homeowner (9), Renter (3)

I only use tide

I use this product every single day doing laundry for my child and for myself and for my husband. I can't imagine my life without it. Tide Pods work very well with all sorts of stains, like grass stains, blood stains, food stands, and any other stains that you can think of I have dealt with as a parent. I have tried many laundry detergent, and none of them seem to get stains out the way that I does. Tide Pods are incredible, as a mom I do lots and lots of laundry, and I have tried many products, but Tide Pods are the only ones that work and provided great scent. Also they have a great variety of pods to choose from including Spring Meadow which is my favorite. The scents last for a very long time, and keep clothes smelling fresh for weeks. Tide Pods make clothes colors brighter and better than ever and looking like they are brand new again. Best yet they work with all types of washing machines including HE. All in all, I would definitely recommend this product to all people, especially those with children, because Tide Pods are the best laundry detergent on the market today. They are great for small families, big families, dorm rooms, travel, and single person's homes. They are an amazing product and I hope that everyone has a chance to use them.

Convenient

Tide Pods were definitely too intriguing not to try. Everything in one neat little "pod" that you just toss into the wash. Definitely sounds better than measuring out liquid or powder, so I gave these a go.

I loved that I could just grab one and throw it in. I was somewhat concerned it wouldn't mix well with the water as it took a few minutes to break down but this seems to be a mostly unfounded concern. My clothes are left clean and smelling fresh.

I still think that regular liquid detergent seems to work a little better than the pods, but these aren't a bad deal. I will highly consider buying again.

Update: I had to quit using these. I ended up becoming very allergic to them! I had to rewash everything because I developed an allergy that left me itching so so bad. It was awful!

Tide Pods

from Wyoming Michigan

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

Tide pods got right in the washer.So easy to throw on in.No spills no mess at all.Cleans my whites so good.Get the stains out.I absolutely love mine.

Wouldn't Use Any Other Detergent

from Lansing Michigan

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive
    • Pods Stick Together
    • Small Volume

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

The price verse number of pods is a little high but I can tell you you get what you pay for (I always use coupons for better price). My laundry room messes have been cut down so much no accidental spills of detergent since using these handy pods. My laundry smells fresh for weeks. The only real downside I've experienced is when I leave the container in my laundry room its like the pods are getting to warm and melting to each other so I've had to move them to my kitchen but other than that I love everything about Tide Pods and I would highly recommend them.

Buy monthly

from conway sc

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Efficient
    • Powerful
    • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

I love tide pods plus downy. Not only do they make my laundry smell great and feel soft but it has all the cleaning power of tide in such a small little pack. The cost is a bit much but there's always a sale or coupon for them and their cleaning power is well worth the money. I have a five year old that is always get stains on his clothes , whether its pizza sauce, chocolate, marker or mud it generally comes out with one pod. There are a few different scents out now and with the different sizes of thr bags (I generally buy the 12 count size) you can try more than one at a time to find the one you like best. Our current favorite is the odor eliminator I use it on my comforter as my dogs like to sleep in the bed.The package also comes with a nifty safety guard so your child can't get in it and mess with any of the pods (as they are brightly colored small pouches). I appreciate tides safety precautions definitely helps. Overall we love this product in all it variations and will continue to purchase it. Also interested in seeing the direction it take s when the newest version comes out

Tide pods are the best

from Decatur IL

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy to store​
      • Easy To Use
      • Powerful

Cons

• A little​ high cost​

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

I love pods matter what brand, but I really feel Tide does the best at getting clothes clean. Pods are easy to store and you don't need much space at all. I love that you don't have to measure out or worry about the mess. You literally just have to grab one and toss it in the washer. My eleven year old son can even do a load of laundry without me having to worry about him over using or making a mess. The laundry comes out smelling fresh and clean every time. I do wish they were a little cheaper, but I find it worth spending the little more. I usually stock up when on sale or with coupons, and then just open to put in a small storage container I bought. I would highly recommend if you haven't yet tried them you do so now. I am a firm believer that you would never want to use liquid or powder again. For that matter I don't see you wanting to use another brand again.

Love tide pods

from Shreve, OH

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Efficient
      • Powerful
      • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

I use one pod per load of laundry always comes out clean and smells wonderful!

I always buy pods

from Flint mi

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Efficient
        • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

Very simple to use when doing laundry

I love love love Tide and all their products

from East Lansing, Michigan

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Efficient
          • Powerful
          • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

I love using the Pods from Tide. They are very convenient and less of a mess than using liquid especially when teaching kids how to do laundry! Keep up the great products Tide!

Converted from liquid detergent to pods!

from Chicago, IL

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Efficient
            • Powerful
            • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

I was skeptical about using pods, as I worried one pod wouldn't be powerful enough and would end up having to overuse them. Happy to say that that's NOT the case. I find one pod is more than sufficient for even heavier loads. This brand in particular smells nice, and has no noticeable effect on the softness of my clothes.

I really love the fact that I can just pop one of these into the washing machine, toss in my clothes, and start the cycle. An unexpected benefit is that I'm using less detergent. With liquid detergents, I was frequently overestimating how much I needed to use, so I would go through bottles faster. As far as cost to value goes, Tide Pods are extremely efficient. I've never noticed any discoloration or staining on my clothes, and they come out clean. Can't ask for much more than that. Glad I switched from liquid; no more messes.

Love the product but...

from Murray! Ky

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
              • Efficient
              • Powerful
              • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Leaves plastic residue

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

Love the product but from time to time it will leave a plastic residue on a piece or two of clothing. Just toss back into the washer & it comes out even after drying but can be a bit of an aggravation.

All-n-Onw

from tx

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
              • Efficient
              • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Weak Function

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

These are so convenient. All you have to do is throw a few of these in the tub of the washer, throw your clothes in, and start your wash cycle. These pods already have the detergent and everything in them. However, if you're a mom of a very messy child who finds everything to get into then these pods probably aren't your best choice. The issue I have had with all pods is the stain removing is awful. It doesn't get my boys clothes cleaned. If you're a college student then this product is great for you. There's no measuring or messy liquids or powders and portable, if you do laundry at the laundry mat etc. I always recommend using two pods for every wash. Plus Tide is a good brand, they're innovative and always keeping up with current trends. Moms send your college students with these so they don't ruin their clothes trying to figure out how much powder or liquid to put into the wash, or worse...they could bleach their clothes by accident.