Other Detergents:
Laundry Detergent
Tide
Tide Pods Detergent

Tide Pods Detergent

Pros

• Easy to use (22)
  • Simple instructions (19)
  • Great scent (12)
  • Effective (8)
  • Gets stains out (8)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (8)
  • Small volume (5)

• Laundry room (15)
  • Cleaning (14)
  • Home (11)
  • Dorm (6)
  • Travel (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (11), Homeowner (5)

I only use tide

I use this product every single day doing laundry for my child and for myself and for my husband. I can't imagine my life without it. Tide Pods work very well with all sorts of stains, like grass stains, blood stains, food stands, and any other stains that you can think of I have dealt with as a parent. I have tried many laundry detergent, and none of them seem to get stains out the way that I does. Tide Pods are incredible, as a mom I do lots and lots of laundry, and I have tried many products, but Tide Pods are the only ones that work and provided great scent. Also they have a great variety of pods to choose from including Spring Meadow which is my favorite. The scents last for a very long time, and keep clothes smelling fresh for weeks. Tide Pods make clothes colors brighter and better than ever and looking like they are brand new again. Best yet they work with all types of washing machines including HE. All in all, I would definitely recommend this product to all people, especially those with children, because Tide Pods are the best laundry detergent on the market today. They are great for small families, big families, dorm rooms, travel, and single person's homes. They are an amazing product and I hope that everyone has a chance to use them.

Convenient

Tide Pods were definitely too intriguing not to try. Everything in one neat little "pod" that you just toss into the wash. Definitely sounds better than measuring out liquid or powder, so I gave these a go.

I loved that I could just grab one and throw it in. I was somewhat concerned it wouldn't mix well with the water as it took a few minutes to break down but this seems to be a mostly unfounded concern. My clothes are left clean and smelling fresh.

I still think that regular liquid detergent seems to work a little better than the pods, but these aren't a bad deal. I will highly consider buying again.

Update: I had to quit using these. I ended up becoming very allergic to them! I had to rewash everything because I developed an allergy that left me itching so so bad. It was awful!

Great value!

from Angiee

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

Love tide pods! As a wife who does a majority of the laundry I only use pods because they are easy and lasts long! No measurements required which means no soiled clothes. Great for husbands!! lol

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Best on the market

from Tulsa Oklahoma

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Efficient
    • Powerful
    • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

So easy to use. I'm teaching my daughter to do laundry and it makes things so much easier for her.

No drips, spills or measuring

from Cincinnati, Oh

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Efficient
      • Powerful
      • Simple Instructions

• Travel

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

I really like how easy the Tide Pods are to use.
        Depending on your load size, you user 1, 2 or 3 pods.
        Open the container and grab your pods out, then throw them in the wash. Yes, that simple!
        I don't have to worry about making a mess with spilling liquid or powders all over. Even my kids can do the laundry with these.
        I only need one container on my shelf, all the detergent, brightner and strain remover is in that little pod.
        They also come in nice scents, so my laundry always smells nice.
        Oh and the container is is great, just open the lid and pull out your pod. No heavy bottles to lift and pour, so they are great for anyone who is unable to lift heavy objects as well.

Tide pods were ok

from Floyd

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Efficient
        • Powerful

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

With Tide pods all you have to do is throw them in the washer when you are putting your clothes in the washer and you are done, they are very convenient t if you have small kids just remember to keep them up out of the way of small children, tide pods gets all your clothes clean :).

Convenient and so effective

from Lynnwood, WA

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Efficient
          • Powerful
          • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

I've been using Tide Pods for about two months now, since moving in with my fiancé. He uses Tide Pods exclusively, whereas I have used either liquid or powder detergent my entire life.
          Honestly, I was skeptical at first. I thought the pods were gimmicky and not worth the extra cost, because let's face it, they're pretty expensive! However, now that I've been using them for awhile I don't think I'll ever go back to liquid or powder detergent.

The scent and stain fighting power of these little pods is just unparalleled. My fiancé has a habit of letting his dirty gym clothes sit around WAY too long before washing, and these pods have them smelling like new after just on wash. I also had an old stain on one of my shirts that I had little hope of getting rid of, but after one wash cycle with a tide pod, the stain was gone.

Finally, you just can't beat the convenience. No measuring, no worrying that there's a ton of product left at the bottom of the container that you aren't using because it won't pour out. Just grab a pod and toss it in. Easy!

My go to laundry detergent

from Marion,Louisiana

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Gets Stains Out
          • Great Scent
          • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

I use Tide Pod Laundry Detergent everyday. I have 3 kids that loves to play outside and they constantly getting stains on their clothes. With the help of Tide pods, I can get those horrible stains out of my kids clothes. I just throw one or two tide pods in the washing machine with my kids clothes. I love how tide pods makes clothes smells so fresh and clean. Lastly,I don't have to worry about spilling laundry detergent everywhere. Tide Pods is easy to use,simple,and makes my life much easier. I highly recommend.

Easy Laundry Coming Right Up

from Miami, FL

About Me Professional

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Effective
          • Gets Stains Out
          • Great Scent

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

These pods make laundry so easy. All you have to do is toss it in with your clothes and that's it! The pods are strong in fighting stains. If you have a large load, you can simply toss in two instead for a more effective cleaning.

Tide has a winner here

from Kalamazoo, Michigan

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective
            • Gets Stains Out
            • Great Scent
            • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
            • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

We were skeptical at first. We came upon Tide pods at our local store & thought they just looked neat, This was when pods first came out. We were worried that they may not open right or may leave marks on our clothing but... we were pleasantly surprised. We now only use Tide pods. We prefer the ones with febreeze scent or Ocean mist. To be honest all the scents are nice though & Not overwhelming. They clean our clothes just as good if not better then the liquid. It's easy.. You open the container, take out a pod and place it in the washer with your clothing and it does the rest of the work, who does not love easy work? I do suggest keeping them put up in a high place away from children and pets as they do break open with enough effort, Although i suggest this with all detergent.

I only use tide

from ferndale, washington

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
              • Effective
              • Gets Stains Out
              • Great Scent
              • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
              • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

• Travel

They're okay.

from Ohio

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
              • Effective
              • Great Scent
              • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Blue stains on our clothes
              • Causes Allergic Reactions

Comments about Tide Pods Detergent:

Okay so I am going to give the Tide Pods three stars instead of five. The reasoning behind this is because every time I use these, it seems like you have to have your water scalding hot just to get them to dissolve and break down. The scent is great, I've tried all of the different type of scents I think there's about three or four of them and they all smell wonderful. So instead of the Tide pods cleaning the stains out of mine and my family's clothes, they seemed to make matters worse by leaving blue detergent spots all over them. When that happens it usually takes 2 to 3 washes to get the stains out, what a pain! Other than that, they're easy and convenient. No pouring and no measuring, you throw them in and walk away. Other than the blue staining on our clothes, which is only sometimes, not every time I use pods. I would say these aren't bad for the price, especially if you have coupons for them. So I give them 3 out of 5 stars.