Other Detergents:
Tide
Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent

Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent

Pros

• Easy to use (4)
  • Gets stains out (3)

• Laundry room (3)

It's a No-Brainer

If there's one detergent I wouldn't mind using for the rest of my life, **Tide Powder in Original Scent** would be the detergent I would gladly use without having to guess, question, or doubt everytime I open up my washing machine and add my load.

Washing for so many different people, with a wide variety of laundry needs, I look for a detergent that can tackle it all without skimping on quality or quantity. Too many detergents I have come across that either don't clean as well as I would like, or just don't care for my beloved clothing as well as it should, leaving me feeling disappointed by the end of the day. And too often, I would be running up to the store to buy more detergent because it just wasn't lasting long enough. However with Tide, I have yet to experience those problems.

This detergent does all the things a laundry detergent should do - clean well, amazing fresh scent, long-lasting and powerful, and you only need a little to get through a lot. I can happily say bye-bye to those old days when I used to use more than the recommended amount of detergent because my clothes wouldn't come out as clean, fresh-smelling, and stain-free as I needed them to be. I can safely and happily wash darks, whites, colors, and pastels without having to worry about anything coming out looking like a completely different garment, and that's hard to come by in a detergent, even with some of the more 'expensive' brands.

The one thing I noticed about Tide is, even when I use the powder, that my clothes come out softer, lighter, and just fitting better than with any other brand available on the market. Colors are brighter, vivider, and I have less and less issues with clothes tearing, fading, falling out of shape, and just generally looking horrible the more I wash and wear them. Even expensive, 100% natural fibers like cotton and linen come out looking just as beautiful as they did going into the wash. This powder is quick to dissolve, even in colder water temperatures, and doesn't leave behind as much residue if used in cold water as some brands do. It doesn't oversud, and rinses away cleanly in the final rinse, so you don't have to worry about gunk build-up from oversudsing detergents.

The scent has a pleasing powder aroma, almost akin to violets, without being overtly 'loud' or strong. It mellows out into the drier into a crisp, refreshing lightness, and is pleasing at all times of the year. It is also easily blended with most fabric softeners, and you'll notice the instant difference in texture, even if you use less softener versus detergent.

Long-lasting, you won't have to run up to the store constantly to restock your shelves - the powdered Tide lasts longer than even its competitor, Gain, and will leave you feeling confident no matter what you are washing. Even the dirtest laundry comes out looking fantastically clean without the use of additives, bleaches, and special solvents to lift stains. You won't have to worry about darks fading or 'graying', pastels loosing their brilliance and whites dulling. You can wash even your most expensive, favorite clothing in confidence that Tide will take care of it.

While this detergent is the most expensive, for the price, you are getting a quality product that lasts you longer, because you are using less. Concentrated and powerful, it's strong enough to do some of your toughest, ugliest laundry jobs, while being gentle enough to clean your favorite garments and delicates.

I'm usually a Tide fan but the powder just isn't for me.

I am ever the Tide fan. I love all their products but this one failed me. I don't know what is in the powder form that isn't in the original formula but this not only broke out my sensitive bottom, it also hived me out all over my body anywhere my clothing had touched. I even had red spots on the bottoms of my feet and in my armpits. I didn't know you could get hives in those places.

I tried this out because my grocery store had a few dinted boxes they were selling for 75% off. They were marketing it as "damaged" but it was just packaging damage so I got a box to try. I love Tide and figured this would be good stuff.

The powder doesn't dissolve in cold water. It really doesn't work well in warm water either. I had to use hot water to get this to really dissolve up in the wash. On top of that, if you aren't careful, you end up with powders in your clothes and sometimes in the bottom of the washer after the wash. In my HE washer, this was horrible and I had to rewash and rinse my clothes.

It has a good stain fighter and got the clothes smelling fresh and clean but it wasn't a pleasant reaction on my skin and it wasn't a great product in the wash. I had to kind of put my hand in and swish this around to get it all absorbed. The powder irritated my skin on contact when I did this, it stung. Also, the powder kind of flies up in the air when you use this--a minor nuisance but it's dusty like cat litter.

It might be the stuff to go to for someone who hot washes everything and doesn't have sensitive skin but it wasn't the product for me in my house. Even my guy, who is immune to everything, said he felt a little itchy and found pieces of dried detergent in his jeans.

I was less than happy with this product. It doesn't dissolve well.

It has a good scent and smells like the tide I love.

Easy to Use and Cleans Great

from Hartford, CT

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gets Stains Out

Comments about Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent:

I have used Tide for years and it is my go to detergent despite its premium price so when I had a coupon for their powder detergent I decided to give it a try despite the fact that I'm normally a liquid Tide user.

The box is certainly not light, but laundry products usually aren't. I liked the carry strap on the top that makes it much easier to transport from the cart to the car to the house.

I have a front loading washer so I make sure to put this in the drum before I add the laundry and it seems to work best that way. I never experience any undissolved granules or clumps or anything.

As for cleaning power this seems just as effective as the liquid version for most applications. I did notice that the tomatoes and grape juice on my dish towels simply disappears when using this, even when I forgot to use bleach.

This seems to be a bit more industrial strength than the liquid so I don't use it on delicates or most tops and bottoms. It does however do a brilliant job with jeans. It removes all the dirt, grease, and who knows what else that they are caked in and they come out soft, fresh, and looking brand new.

Overall, this is an excellent addition to the laundry room. It's easy to use, works great, and leaves your laundry smelling great.

Great laundry detergent

from Edina, MN

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

• Cleaning

Comments about Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent:

The Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent is a great detergent to have in your home. I love the powder for more heavy duty washing. Great for shoes, socks, towels, sheets, and anything that your kids have gotten a little dirtier and you need that extra boost for. It comes at a great price and you can get it just about anywhere. A small amount goes a long way and gets the job done. I usually use about a half a cup or a little more depending on what you are washing, how dirty it is and how many items. It has the great scent of Tide that we all love and leaves just the right amount of aroma on the items after being washed and dried. Great for items you may want to wash by hand with a scrub brush too, such as mats, carpets, etc.

Powerful on spills and stains

from Edina, MN

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Nothing So Far

Comments about Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent:

Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent is a great powder detergent to have on hand for items that you want a little more "pow" for. Its great for towels, jean, tennis shoes, socks, you name it. Not as gentle as the liquid so better for items that are a little stronger, not delicates, or items that are quite dirty. A small amount goes a long way and does the job to take out stains, spills and still maintain the softness of the item. I like the smell as the Tide products and it is the perfect strength, not too strong. I would recommend this for anyone who does regular laundry or who has kids who get into things and tend to spill or stain. Its a great product that you can find just about anywhere and at a good price.

tide

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Heavy

• Cleaning
      • Dorm
      • Home

Comments about Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent:

Does not do justice to ev

Good Ole Reliable...

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent:

I have used Tide for as long as I can remember. It has been a constant staple in my home because it really works to clean my clothing on the first try. I love that I do not have to use a booster with it to get my clothes their cleanest. I never run out of Tide because I have teenagers who play sports and who get their absolute filthiest when playing and it trust what Tide can do for their clothes.

It works great on all my clothing and my children's clothing. I truly rely on Tide because it works to get rid of the ground in grass and dirt stains from my son's football and track uniforms.

I love the scent of the original Tide product. For me, using this particular Tide product is for cleaning the dirtiest of my families clothing. Using this product, my clothing is not competing with a scent and how well it cleans my clothes. I am not sacrificing one for the other using this product.

Works just as well

Comments about Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent:

I give Tide Original Powder detergent a ten out of ten because it works great! It has all the same great qualities that the liquid laundry detergent does. It also is a more affordable alternative to the liquid laundry detergent because you get more in each container and it also costs less. You do not need to use more than the liquid either. The only difference is you put the powder directly into the water as it fills up the washer so that the bubbles can be produced and you make sure it is all dissolved. If you put the powder detergent in after the clothes, sometimes the detergent will remain on the clothes despite how good a job the washer does at dispersing the water evenly. The smell is the same as the liquid and I feel it even leaves a stronger scent that lasts longer. The only bad part about the powder is that it can sometimes clump when it gets a little moisture on it which can happen if you do not have a climate controlled basement or even in just really humid weather. It is not a problem if you break it apart, but it can cause the same problem of not dissolving in the water. It also makes it a little harder to measure out. Otherwise this is the same great quality detergent as the liquid Tide! I recommend.

Great product

from TN

Comments about Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent:

I have been using Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent for as long as I can remember. It is always my go to Tide product. The detergent works really well and leaves my clothes smelling really fresh. I love that when I use this detergent I do not have to worry about my clothes fading and looking washed out. It does really well to clean all of my clothing. My daughter is two years old and makes a mess daily and I am always worried her clothes will be ruined. When I wash them in Tide, most every stain comes out. Sometimes I do need to apply a stain remover before washing the article of clothing, but that is okay. I love the scent that Tide has. I think the powder actually smells better than the liquid detergent. This product is really affordable, as you can buy it in many different sizes. That way there is a box of detergent available at most anyone's budget. I would absolutely recommend this detergent to others as it works great and I have never had any problems with it. It will always be on of my favorites!

better then the liquid.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent:

I prefer the Tide original Powder Detergent over the liquid. It's much cheaper, and I find that the powder detergent does a much better job at cleaning my clothes. It gets all the stains, and odors out of everything without harming my clothes. It even gets the grease and oil stains out of my clothes from cooking too. I find that you have to use less of the powder laundry detergent then the liquid, so the box of powder lasts a much longer time. I mostly use this for my gym clothes now though, because it gets them free of sweat and odors. There's a lot of bacteria at the gym so I like using a tougher laundry detergent.

The only downside I have about the tide detergent is the overpowering scent that most Tide detergents have. It's harsh, and it slightly bothers my sensitive skin. If this Tide powder was hypoallergenic, made with less chemicals, and scent free I probably would have enjoyed it better. But I still liked it nonetheless.

Tide gets all the stains and odors out of my clothes quickly. The powder does a better job at cleaning and getting stains out then regular liquid laundry detergent does.

It is just the plain original scent of Tide. It can be too strong most of the time, and that's what I dislike about Tide detergents. They have too much fragrance in them, and I wish they had a lighter scent. Instead of using this for my regular clothes, I use this for my gym clothes now.

Pretty good product!!

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent:

I have previously and in the past purchased and used this Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent and found I was very happy and satisfied with this product. First of all this Tide laundry detergent did a wonderful job of getting all of my clothes clean. It even got stains out of my white shirts and clothes. So I was very happy with the way it cleaned. Another good thing about this product is that it has a very nice and pleasant scent which does not over power my perfume. So I also like the scent. The next good thing is the price. This is a very reasonable priced product. I found that since it is the old fashioned powder that it is priced a little cheaper than the liquid. Now for the negatives, the first thing is that you can not use this product in any of the new washing machines that require HD detergent or it will mess up the unit. Therefore I can no longer use this product because it is not compatible with my machine. The only other negative is that you have to pour the powder right under the water coming out so it will dissolve before you put the clothes in or it can clump up. Overall I was pretty satisfied with this product.

Worse than liquid

from Utah

Comments about Tide Original Powder Laundry Detergent:

When I first started doing my own laundry, I tried this Tide powdered detergent for a few years. But more recently I have switched to liquid detergent because it does a far better job.

At most times, this powdered detergent would do a pretty good job of removing dirt and smells from my dirty clothes, although there were a few times that they failed to get out dirt that better detergent could get out (I'm speaking of dirt that should have come out without the use is a stain remover). The bigger issue I have with this detergent is the powdered form that it comes in. When the washer began to fill with water, when the detergent got wet, it would sometimes clump together instead do dissolving throughout the water. These clumps would sometimes stick to whatever piece of clothing they were sitting on, and they would leave a mark when I took them out of the washer. Even when most of the clump rinsed away, there would still be a noticeable mark on my clothing.