Other Detergents:
Tide
Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent

Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent

Pros

• Easy to use (6)
  • Effective (5)
  • Gets stains out (5)
  • Safe for delicate clothes/skin (4)
  • Simple instructions (4)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (3)

• Laundry room (6)
  • Cleaning (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Homeowner (3)

Great product to get clothes clean and avoid scents

I have used Tide Free pretty much my whole life. Tide recently replaced the regular "free" with this "free and gentle" and I have been just as pleased with the new version. I have tried some other laundry detergents from time to time and I am never as pleased as I am with Tide Free and Gentle. This is a great product if you want to avoid odors and dyes without sacrificing cleanliness. With a name like Tide, you know you will get something worth your money. And that is exactly how it is with Tide Free and Gentle. It may be a bit more expensive that some detergents, but it is worth your money. And it goes on sale a lot at many grocery and drug stores. I have become so accustomed to this detergent that I can tell when my clothes feel and smell different when they are washed in something else (bugs my allergies). With Tide, my clothes look and feel great and don't have odd scents to them. And many stains are gone the first time too. I wouldn't go with anything else.

Easy on skin, tough on fabric

I’ve used Dreft on my son’s laundry since he was born, but I continued to use Cheer for ours. I noticed that my son’s skin seemed to get irritated from just coming into contact with our clothes, so I felt like I needed to switch to something free from dyes and perfumes. Dreft is a little expensive to use on all of the laundry, so I wanted to find an alternative. I was standing in the detergent aisle when another woman with a young son picked up a box of Tide Free & Gentle, so I struck up a conversation and she said it worked great for her family. I was a little reluctant because my mother always told me that Tide faded clothes, but I decided to try it anyway. After washing our clothes in Tide Free & Gentle, we found that our son’s face didn’t seem to turn red just from him resting his head on our shoulders anymore. I even found that my skin seemed less sensitive and itchy. The thing I don’t like is that the Tide, though it does a great job of getting our clothes clean, does seem to be tougher on fabrics and colors. Our casual clothes, especially our shirts, just look more “worn” now. I use Woolite for our work clothes that we need to look good and last for a while. But since we’re planning on not buying too many new clothes for ourselves until our son gets a little older, Tide Free & Gentle will do for now, though I may begin washing all of our laundry in Dreft since it seems gentler on fabrics. If my son outgrows his skin sensitivities, I will likely switch to a different detergent. I would only recommend Tide Free & Gentle for those with skin sensitivities who need to avoid the fragrances and dyes, otherwise there are probably better, cheaper alternatives.

Gets clothes clean, but whites turn dingy and colors fade.

No scent that I can detect, which was the point of using this product.

So far works as well as any other liquid detergent

from Kentucky

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I use this product for all my normal laundry cleaning (weekly washing). I like the fact that it's completely unscented as I am allergic to most perfumes or they smell gives me a headache. This product works just as well as other non-scented free and clear liquid detergents we have used. It does not get out tough grass stains for us, and over time, dirt will build up on clothes that can't be bleached. But I have found the same results with all detergents we have tried. It may be our super hard water or it just may be that I am too hard on my clothes (I'm a farmer). Easy to measure cap; I always use the maximum.

Love this detergent

from West Helena, ar

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I use this on all my baby clothes for the first year just to make sure there are no skin sensitivities. I love it. It works extremely well and gets out all the baby stains.

Harsh on skin

from Great Falls MT

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Causes Allergic Reactions

Comments about Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I always thought people were just jumping on the "I'm allergic to Tide" train until I had kids my youngest has super sensitive skin. So I tried Free & Gentle my whole family broke out with a rash.

Perfect for Sensitive Skin

from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I love that this detergent is sensitive on my children's skin yet still is strong enough to get out tough soiled clothes! Works great for our big family.

Great Product

from New Jersey

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Expensive

• Dorm
      • Home

Comments about Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I find this to be a great brand overall. I particularly like the unscented version because I don't like my clothes to be saturated with artificial perfumes that can sometimes irritate me and mix with other scents that I may be wearing at the time. This is a huge selling feature for me because there are times when I like to be free of any scents as they can bother others that I am around. It does a good job on my clothes and I am always happy with how clean my clothes are when they come out of the wash. As for being gentle, my skin is on the sensitive side, and my clothes do not irritate me after using this laundry detergent. I am very grateful that there is a non-scented product out there that will also do a good job cleaning my clothes. Unfortunately, this brand can be a bit expensive, but I have found it in grocery stores on sale at a very good price. I think it is worth it to keep a look out.

Great detergent !!

from chicago ill

About Me Housekeeper

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Expensive

• Home

Comments about Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent:

One of my favorite laundry products i have senstive skin and this is one of my favorite soaps to use. I try to buy when it is on sale great product clothes smell nice and fresh after each load.

Used To Wash Child's Clothes

from Tuscaloosa,AL

About Me Parent

Pros

• Effective
      • Great Scent

Comments about Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I bought Tide Free and Clear detergent to wash my son's clothes with. I have been using it since he was a newborn and he is now 2 years old. I love that it is more gentle than the normal Tide detergent which I use for myself but it washes clothes just as well. It gets stains out of his clothes fairly well and now that he is older, his clothes get even more stained than when he was a newborn. I also use it with my clothes, mainly my more delicate items such as my underwear and bra. It works well with those. I like using it because some detergents, even the regular Tide will have me itching and have my son itching as well. Everyone's clothes that is washed with this, they do not itch. There are no rashes appearing and it is worth the price. It has a nice scent and is not too strong.

This is a great product overall especially if you have sensitive skin or want to use a good deteregent for a baby or toddler and not want to pay expensive prices for "baby detergent".

My family's favorite detergent - great for sensitive skin

from Miami, Florida

Comments about Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I used to grab whatever Tide detergent on the shelf that was on sale and go along with it, until one day my dad had a bad reaction to one of the scents in the bottle, could have been the scent was too heavy for him and his sensitive allergies. Ever since I started buying him the Tide Free & Gentle Liquid detergent he has not had any side effects of using the product. He also does not like things that are heavily perfumed which ended up working out for him as this specific detergent is scent-free, yet still smells clean. As for the clothes when they are washed with this detergent, they come out fresh and clean - even delicates. My aunt also comes and does her laundry sometimes at my place and washes her baby's clothes here with this detergent because it is also gentle with baby clothes. You really can't go wrong with using this detergent -- it does the job! It's a versatile product that is good to have for any use.

Scent-free, which is what my dad prefers.

Perfect Product for those who have Allergies to dyes!

from palm springs, ca

Comments about Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I always have used Tide Detergent. Then I started having allergies to perfumes and dyes. I then switched to Tide Free and Gentle. I am so happy I did. No more itching, no more rashes. My sheets feel so comfortable to my sensitive skin. This is the best out there also for babies and young children's sensitive skin.

Tide cleans so well. My clothes come out so clean and fresh. No silly perfumes or dyes, that cause allergies to my skin. This is the best product on the market in my opinion for anyone that has allergies to dyes and perfumes. Cleans so well and great for anyone who has allergies. Great for babies and young children, very gentle on their soft delicate skin. Gentle, yet it cleans my clothes so well. Gets some of the toughest stains out. I noticed since using this product, my colors stay true, they don't fade out with a lot of washes. Even the brighter colors keep there color. All in all, I recommend this product to anyone who has small children or suffer from allergies.

This product doesn't have a scent, which is why I gave it a 10. Babies need products that are safe on their gentle skin. No perfumes and dyes that can cause allergens. Since I have been using this product the last year and half, I have had no problems with allergies.

Just Clean Laundry. Like It Should Be.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I've grown pretty fond of Tide detergent over the years. It's reliable. Every store carries it. There are always coupons to be found for it. It's always on sale. Most importantly though, it always works to get my laundry clean. Like every other variation of the name, Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent is no exception. Not only did it clean the horribly smelly and filthy clothes from my two little boys but it also managed to wash away several diaper blowout stains from my baby girl. I've never seen her little onesies look so good! What I was most impressed with though, is that Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent managed to clean so well and still be so gentle on my children. My kids have extremely sensitive skin and one of my boys is asthmatic. After washing all their laundry with Tide Free & Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent we had no more hives. No more rashes. No more scent-induced asthma attacks. Just clean clothes.