Other E-commerce Websites:
Leisure Websites
ThreadArt.com

ThreadArt.com

Do Not Order From this Place!

Comments about ThreadArt.com:

I ordered a spool of bobbin thread that I needed asap on Monday. Here it is Friday and I checked my order and its still sitting there! No shipping of something they showed in stock is no way to run a business! I gave them another chance after the order before this one had half my thread left out! When I called them, they acted like it was no big deal! It was Christmas and I needed that thread. I am finished with this business! From now on, it will be Metro Thread!

A Carnival of Fibers

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about ThreadArt.com:

Whether it is yarn, thread, ribbon, velvet, organza, minky or rickrack, the place to buy it is from **ThreadArt.com** (www.threadart.com). Fiber artists should rejoice upon visiting this website.  It's an easy way to pick up what you need for a particular project, or even to stock up for future projects.  I've done both and been very happy with my purchases.

ThreadArt.com claims to have several hundred thousand spools of thread in stock at all times.  That's a lot of thread, and that's only the beginning.

I discovered the site when I was in need of embroidery thread for a new sewing machine.  I wanted to stock up on thread, but I didn't want to spend a fortune doing it.  ThreadArt.com offers 20-cone sets of polyester embroidery thread in a broad sampling of colors for $29.95.  There are a total of four different sets to choose from and each large spool contains1000 meters of thread.

In addition to metallic, rayon, polyester, and cotton thread sets, you can also purchase spools individually.  I've also bought bobbin thread, fabric stabilizer, and other notions.

The quality of the embroidery thread was quite good in my limited opinion.  I found the cotton thread to be a little more difficult to work with.  It didn't seem to unspool easily on my particular machine.  I'm not sure if it's an issue with the way the thread is wound, or if it's my sewing machine.  At any rate, I would suggest buying an individual spool of thread to use as a sample before committing to the larger thread sets.  Even though the sets are the most cost effective way to purchase, you'll want to make sure that the thread is one that you'll enjoy working with.

Overall, **ThreadArt.com** is a terrific resource for artists and crafters who want to shop for a large variety of threads and fibers all in one place.