Other Breads:
Thomas'
Thomas' English Muffins

Thomas' English Muffins

Pros

Cons

• Lacks flavor (5)
  • Poor texture (4)

Thomas' Emglish muffins have been priced up too much,

Thomas' English Muffins have been priced up too much,  for the Omega 3, raisin cinnamon and hyped name brands, as well as  for ordinary, named "nooks and crannies' types. Six months ago I would buy them at a quarter to a third of the current prices on frequent sales, and loved them. Why this pricing up in a recession?.

Congratulations Thomas English Muffins has managed to destroy th

have been buying Thomas English for over 50 years. It has consistently been a quality product, and well worth the premium price. However, I now find they have decided to substantially lower the quality. The muffins are thinner and the taste is gone. It is amazing that companies underestimate the intelligence of their customers. I am not in the habit of voicing my opinion regarding products, usually I just stop buying. This time I decided to speak up. I am sure there are many people out there who feel the same way, and will just stop buying them, resulting in another fine product bites the dust, and what was once a company with integrity goes belly up. I can only hope someone from Thomas reads this and they smarten up, but I doubt it.

Good-bye Thomas English Muffins.

from Summerfield FL

About Me Like To Bake

Pros

Cons

• Lacks Flavor
    • Poor Texture

• Anytime
    • Breakfast

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

The two for one sale on Thomas English muffins might be the only way to get consumers for this now tasteless product. Any bakeries that start using soy oil end up tasting with horrible tasting products. These Light Multigrain muffins are going right back to Publix.

Others taste way better

from 11735

About Me Simple Tastes

Pros

Cons

• Lacks Flavor
      • Poor Texture

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

Happened to try Shop Rite brand English muffins. I felt like I was hit by a train! All the aromatic sensations and taste brought me back to my childhood days! Haven't tasted this in over 4 decades or more! Puts waste to the Thomas brand made in Mexico like most majors nowadays. Try em or find someone who can send you them! Its a blast from the past ...

Cheap, bitter and thin. Garbage

from Hiawassee, Georgia

About Me Ex Consumer, Frequent Customer

Pros

• Poor Quality

Cons

• Half the Product it used to be

• Frisbee disks into the Garbage can

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

Congratulations Bimbo Bakery! With a name like yours No wonder you're killing this product. I have eaten Thomas's English Muffin since well, forever. Ovations break and came back and.....I don't know what I ate. It was flat, thin and bitter tasting. Is a few pennies per muffin really worth your consumer base? You lost an entire family worth of consumers. For a lifetime. I feel sorry for people who don't know what a real English Muffin tastes like because Thomas's English Muffin by Bimbo Bakeries is not what they're supposed to be.

Will no longer buy unless 2 for 1

from Framingham MA

About Me Simple Tastes

Pros

• Delicious
        • Well Packaged

Cons

• Lacks Flavor

• Anytime

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

I agree with previous posts. While tasty, they are not as good as they used to be, only marginally better than generics at less than half the price! Only buy now on special buy one get one free. While I've tried other varieties, only original are worth it at the discount.

What did you YOU DO TO YOUR MUFFINS??

from Sterling Heights, Mi.

About Me Frequent Customer

Pros

• Well Packaged

Cons

• Lacks Flavor
        • Poor Texture

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

I've been enjoying Thomas English Muffins for years!! What did you do?? They are down right BAD!!!!!! Smells funny, tastes funny!!!

Are you kidding?

from Tacoma Washington

Pros

Cons

• Lacks Flavor
            • Poor Texture
            • Thin

• No Use

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

Well all I can say is I have been buying these and buying them for years. I have frozen so many I forgot. But really what I wanted to say is this...what>?>.? After all these years the other day while I toasted one..it disappeared.. and I said " What???" Where did it go to? Thomas's used to be good..and more or less generous. Today this would not even feed my tweety bird!! And lets talk about cost now..you know how much its costing in the store?? Hello cha ching ching. I ain't playing no slot machines here or dialing for dollars! So until this is fixed..I am not going to buy no dang muffins. Oh yes I can buy them cheaper at certain locations or discount places..but that is not convenient. I just wanted to know what happened to my muffin??? Are you eating part of it? Lol

Not like they used to be

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

They are now so thin that its almost impossible to split them in half. Nooks and crannies? There's no room for them! Thomas' english muffins used to fill each side of the toaster and were light and fluffy, filled with holes. Now, grab some tongs cause it's hard to find them in the toaster.

Piece of copper!

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

My son found a piece of copper in his Thomas English Muffin as he was chewing it!. That was so gross!
            We never encountered a problem like this all these years. We are big fans of English Muffins, but sadly we have to think twice now if we every by Thomas English Muffins again

Awful

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

Only rating it a 1 because there is no zero. I don't know how this product is getting even one good review. Thomas' used to be nice sized, delicious and full of "nooks and crannies" that captured melted butter into little yummy pools. Now they taste like they are made of flour and water. Somehow they've managed to make the top half of the muffin smaller than bottom and so it toasts unevenly. It is like you are trying to make a sandwich with 2 credit cards in place. I buy the store brands now, or Bay's English Muffins when I can find them, they are all superior to Thomas'.

A tasty morning treat!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

Every now and then I see these at the grocery store and buy a pack. We ended up getting a bread outlet by us and these are a good price there all the time, so I end up getting a few packs and tossing them in the freezer. They freeze pretty well. I know that they cost more in the store, which would probably make me go more for a cheaper brand because to me they taste a lot like other English muffins out there...actually some of the cheaper ones have tasted better to me. All in all though it is not a bad English muffin. It is a little harder to split open than others though. It seems to crumble more and it also seems to have extra air bubbles/holes in it. It toasts pretty well and tastes good with butter or jam on it. I would say to give them a try. They are soft in the middle and a little crispy on the edges. They are not my favorite English muffin, but they aren't bad either. I would buy them and eat them again. It's a good basic English muffin.