3.4
Other Breads:
English Muffins
Thomas'

3.4

Thomas' Emglish muffins have been priced up too much,

Thomas' English Muffins have been priced up too much,  for the Omega 3, raisin cinnamon and hyped name brands, as well as  for ordinary, named "nooks and crannies' types. Six months ago I would buy them at a quarter to a third of the current prices on frequent sales, and loved them. Why this pricing up in a recession?.

Congratulations Thomas English Muffins has managed to destroy th

have been buying Thomas English for over 50 years. It has consistently been a quality product, and well worth the premium price. However, I now find they have decided to substantially lower the quality. The muffins are thinner and the taste is gone. It is amazing that companies underestimate the intelligence of their customers. I am not in the habit of voicing my opinion regarding products, usually I just stop buying. This time I decided to speak up. I am sure there are many people out there who feel the same way, and will just stop buying them, resulting in another fine product bites the dust, and what was once a company with integrity goes belly up. I can only hope someone from Thomas reads this and they smarten up, but I doubt it.

Are you kidding?

from Tacoma Washington

Pros

Cons

• Lacks Flavor
    • Poor Texture
    • Thin

• No Use

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

Well all I can say is I have been buying these and buying them for years. I have frozen so many I forgot. But really what I wanted to say is this...what>?>.? After all these years the other day while I toasted one..it disappeared.. and I said " What???" Where did it go to? Thomas's used to be good..and more or less generous. Today this would not even feed my tweety bird!! And lets talk about cost now..you know how much its costing in the store?? Hello cha ching ching. I ain't playing no slot machines here or dialing for dollars! So until this is fixed..I am not going to buy no dang muffins. Oh yes I can buy them cheaper at certain locations or discount places..but that is not convenient. I just wanted to know what happened to my muffin??? Are you eating part of it? Lol

Not like they used to be

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

They are now so thin that its almost impossible to split them in half. Nooks and crannies? There's no room for them! Thomas' english muffins used to fill each side of the toaster and were light and fluffy, filled with holes. Now, grab some tongs cause it's hard to find them in the toaster.

Piece of copper!

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

My son found a piece of copper in his Thomas English Muffin as he was chewing it!. That was so gross!
    We never encountered a problem like this all these years. We are big fans of English Muffins, but sadly we have to think twice now if we every by Thomas English Muffins again

Awful

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

Only rating it a 1 because there is no zero. I don't know how this product is getting even one good review. Thomas' used to be nice sized, delicious and full of "nooks and crannies" that captured melted butter into little yummy pools. Now they taste like they are made of flour and water. Somehow they've managed to make the top half of the muffin smaller than bottom and so it toasts unevenly. It is like you are trying to make a sandwich with 2 credit cards in place. I buy the store brands now, or Bay's English Muffins when I can find them, they are all superior to Thomas'.

A tasty morning treat!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

Every now and then I see these at the grocery store and buy a pack. We ended up getting a bread outlet by us and these are a good price there all the time, so I end up getting a few packs and tossing them in the freezer. They freeze pretty well. I know that they cost more in the store, which would probably make me go more for a cheaper brand because to me they taste a lot like other English muffins out there...actually some of the cheaper ones have tasted better to me. All in all though it is not a bad English muffin. It is a little harder to split open than others though. It seems to crumble more and it also seems to have extra air bubbles/holes in it. It toasts pretty well and tastes good with butter or jam on it. I would say to give them a try. They are soft in the middle and a little crispy on the edges. They are not my favorite English muffin, but they aren't bad either. I would buy them and eat them again. It's a good basic English muffin.

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

Anybody who has not tried this product is missing out on a delicious treat. I grew up with Thomas' and continued eating them as an adult. I have always toasted them and put butter on them, plain and simple. But, recently my teenage son has discovered the corn version of these and constantly asks for more. The thing I find strange is that he prefers to eat them right out of the bag, not toasted, and with no toppings. He says they taste like corn bread! Now I believe there is nothing as good as toasted muffins with melting butter filling every nook and cranny! There are other great uses for these muffins instead of just as a breakfast food. One of my family's favorite ways to eat these is as mini pizza! You take one muffin and cut in half, put on sauce, add shredded cheese and any other toppings you like and put in oven or even toaster oven till cheese is melted and bubbling. I have tried other English muffins, but non compare to Thomas'!

Nice for breakfast

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

I think these are good just toasted for a quick snack or made into a breakfast sandwich with eggs and cheese. English muffin pizzas are also a fun and easy to make snack. They have a very nice texture and are a good substitute for toast to change things up.

I love them!

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

I love Thomas' English Muffins! They're great for breakfast or just for a small snack. When toasted they have a perfect crunchy texture and a great taste. I like them with butter and jelly! The only problem I have with them is that the price is really high and that the English Muffins are just way too small. I find that 1 muffin isn't enough food for me to eat and be satisfied.

Yummy

from TN

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

I have been eating Thomas English Muffins for years now and they always taste so amazingly fresh, these little round wonders are also very low in fat and calories. You can use these English muffins to make mini pizzas, top them with an egg, sausage and cheese or just simply toast them and eat them plain.

Delicious and healthy snack!

Comments about Thomas' English Muffins:

I know some people are saying the quality has gone down, but to me that's not the case. I just recently started buying these so I don't taste any thing!

I put these in the toaster and then put butter on one side and peach jelly on the other. They are delicious. I think these work perfectly as a light and healthy breakfast or snack.

One thing worth mentioning in the packaging in my opinion. They come in a bag, and then in a box. I like this and I think it is worth talking about because it helps to keep your muffins plump, and not flattened and messed up. I think this was smart on this companies part.

The taste is also really good. I wouldn't eat these by themselves because I find them to be a tad boring, but with jam or butter they are amazingly delicious.

I think these are a good substitute for waffles, pancakes, or white bread toast because they have a lot of fiber and less fat and calories than the former options.

Give these a try!